Disney's Polynesian Resort
Disney's Polynesian Resort Rooms
As with all of the deluxe resorts at Walt Disney World
Resort, the rooms at Disney's Polynesian Resort have interior
hallways. In the guest rooms you will find 2 queen size
beds with batik bed canopies and day bed. NOTE:
King size beds are available only in the two bedroom or
Presidential Suite. An armoire, television,
clock radio, nightstand, telephone, table with 2 chairs,
wall mirror, ceiling fan, small safe in the lit closet,
luggage rack, iron and ironing board and a full bathroom
that includes a hair dryer are here for your comfort.
Most of the upper floor rooms have balconies. Some of
the older buildings were intentionally built without balconies
to preserve the authenticity of the Polynesian building
styles. King size beds are available only in suites, not
the regular guestrooms. Some of the rooms in the Rapa
Nui or Tokelau longhouses are specially equipped for guests
with disabilities. An average guestroom is 409 square
feet. Two views are offered here, garden or lagoon. Pool views have been added now that the main theme pool
rehab is completed.
Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing, will find high speed access. Roll-away beds are not offered here. Guests may request coffeemakers (with a single supply of complimentary coffee/tea), bed boards, bed rails, extra pillows, blankets, towels, robes and International Electrical Adapters. Call Housekeeping to do so. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $25 per person, per night.
Suites: The Tonga longhouse
is home to the suites at Disney's Polynesian Resort. Most
suites have a kitchen area and a sitting area. They also
offer 2 queen size beds, or 1 king size, and possibly
2 Sico beds (that pull out from the wall). The bathrooms
have lovely marble tubs. The furniture, in accordance
with the South Seas theme, is bamboo and cane with stone
table tops. Other benefits of staying in a suite include
speaker telephones with a second line, bathrobes, an iron
and ironing board, some special Polynesian stationery
and a nightly turndown service. These amenities
are also available in the standard concierge rooms.
Presidential Suite (King Kamehameha Suite) - 1863 sq ft ($1805.00 to $2490.00 per night - appx)
This suite has two bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, with a parlor. This is a two floor suite, with the main living area on the first floor, and the two bedrooms on the second floor. The mini kitchen here includes a small refrigerator, ice maker, small microwave and sink. There are also standard connecting rooms availalbe that could make this a five bedroom suite.
Ambassador Suite - 1513 sq ft ($1345.00 to $1760.00)
This suite has two bedrooms, 3 baths and a parlor area. Mini-kitchen includes a small refrigerator, ice maker, small microwave and sink. There are two suites in this category.
Princess Suite - 1212 sq. ft ($1190.00 to $1630.00)
This suite has two bedrooms, each with two queen beds, along with a day bed in the parlor. This suite also includes a wet bar and small refrigerator.
1br Princess Suite - 760 sq. ft ($680.00 to $975.00)
This suite has one bedroom with two queen beds, and a day bed in the parlor.
Suite add on room - 386 sq. ft (same price as lagoon view room)
At Disney's Polynesian Resort, the Concierge Service is found in the Hawaii and Tonga longhouses. The Concierge lounge is located in the Hawaii building. Concierge guests can check in here and have refreshments upon arrival. In addition to the amenities offered with the suites, concierge service includes making your dining reservations, planning outings, ticket purchases, transportation arrangements, filling requests for special dining or accommodation needs, daily newspapers and use of the lounge. The lounge offers a continental breakfast buffet (with bagels, fresh fruit, cereals and beverages), mid-afternoon snacks (with fresh-baked cookies and beverages), in the late afternoon, wine and hors d'oeuvres, and later on in the evening, guests can enjoy cordials and bedtime snacks. The concierge has even been known to secure an autographed picture or two of your favorite characters!
For families with very small children, cribs (the pak-n-play variety), playpens and high chairs are available by calling Housekeeping or Guest Services. While Disney's Polynesian Resort may be one of the two oldest resorts on property, extensive renovations have been ongoing, most recently in 1997 and 1998.
TIP: The rooms closest to the restaurants, monorail and bus stop are found in the Tonga, Niue and Rarotonga longhouses. Samoa, Hawaii, Tokelau, Rarotonga, and Niue are all close to the large pool. The Magic Kingdom Park is best viewed from rooms in the Hawaii, Tokelau or Tahiti buildings.
Check-in time is 3 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m. Guest may check in as early as 7 a.m. and if the room is not ready, store luggage with Bell Services and head for the theme parks when they open.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios