Disney's Polynesian Resort
Disney's Polynesian Resort Rooms
As with all of the deluxe resorts at Walt Disney World
Resort, the rooms at Disney's Polynesian Resort have interior
hallways. In the guest rooms you will find 2 queen size
beds with batik bed canopies and day bed. NOTE:
King size beds are available only in the two bedroom or
Presidential Suite. An armoire, television,
clock radio, nightstand, telephone, table with 2 chairs,
wall mirror, ceiling fan, small safe in the lit closet,
luggage rack, iron and ironing board and a full bathroom
that includes a hair dryer are here for your comfort.
Most of the upper floor rooms have balconies. Some of
the older buildings were intentionally built without balconies
to preserve the authenticity of the Polynesian building
styles. King size beds are available only in suites, not
the regular guestrooms. Some of the rooms in the Rapa
Nui or Tokelau longhouses are specially equipped for guests
with disabilities. An average guestroom is 409 square
feet. Two views are offered here, garden or lagoon. Pool views have been added now that the main theme pool
rehab is completed.
Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing, will find high speed access. Roll-away beds are not offered here. Guests may request coffeemakers (with a single supply of complimentary coffee/tea), bed boards, bed rails, extra pillows, blankets, towels, robes and International Electrical Adapters. Call Housekeeping to do so. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $25 per person, per night.
Suites: The Tonga longhouse
is home to the suites at Disney's Polynesian Resort. Most
suites have a kitchen area and a sitting area. They also
offer 2 queen size beds, or 1 king size, and possibly
2 Sico beds (that pull out from the wall). The bathrooms
have lovely marble tubs. The furniture, in accordance
with the South Seas theme, is bamboo and cane with stone
table tops. Other benefits of staying in a suite include
speaker telephones with a second line, bathrobes, an iron
and ironing board, some special Polynesian stationery
and a nightly turndown service. These amenities
are also available in the standard concierge rooms.
Presidential Suite (King Kamehameha Suite) - 1863 sq ft ($1805.00 to $2490.00 per night - appx)
This suite has two bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, with a parlor. This is a two floor suite, with the main living area on the first floor, and the two bedrooms on the second floor. The mini kitchen here includes a small refrigerator, ice maker, small microwave and sink. There are also standard connecting rooms availalbe that could make this a five bedroom suite.
Ambassador Suite - 1513 sq ft ($1345.00 to $1760.00)
This suite has two bedrooms, 3 baths and a parlor area. Mini-kitchen includes a small refrigerator, ice maker, small microwave and sink. There are two suites in this category.
Princess Suite - 1212 sq. ft ($1190.00 to $1630.00)
This suite has two bedrooms, each with two queen beds, along with a day bed in the parlor. This suite also includes a wet bar and small refrigerator.
1br Princess Suite - 760 sq. ft ($680.00 to $975.00)
This suite has one bedroom with two queen beds, and a day bed in the parlor.
Suite add on room - 386 sq. ft (same price as lagoon view room)
At Disney's Polynesian Resort, the Concierge Service is found in the Hawaii and Tonga longhouses. The Concierge lounge is located in the Hawaii building. Concierge guests can check in here and have refreshments upon arrival. In addition to the amenities offered with the suites, concierge service includes making your dining reservations, planning outings, ticket purchases, transportation arrangements, filling requests for special dining or accommodation needs, daily newspapers and use of the lounge. The lounge offers a continental breakfast buffet (with bagels, fresh fruit, cereals and beverages), mid-afternoon snacks (with fresh-baked cookies and beverages), in the late afternoon, wine and hors d'oeuvres, and later on in the evening, guests can enjoy cordials and bedtime snacks. The concierge has even been known to secure an autographed picture or two of your favorite characters!
For families with very small children, cribs (the pak-n-play variety), playpens and high chairs are available by calling Housekeeping or Guest Services. While Disney's Polynesian Resort may be one of the two oldest resorts on property, extensive renovations have been ongoing, most recently in 1997 and 1998.
TIP: The rooms closest to the restaurants, monorail and bus stop are found in the Tonga, Niue and Rarotonga longhouses. Samoa, Hawaii, Tokelau, Rarotonga, and Niue are all close to the large pool. The Magic Kingdom Park is best viewed from rooms in the Hawaii, Tokelau or Tahiti buildings.
Check-in time is 3 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m. Guest may check in as early as 7 a.m. and if the room is not ready, store luggage with Bell Services and head for the theme parks when they open.
- Beaches and Cream will begin accepting reservations December 18 - This small soda fountain restaurant serves burgers, sandwiches and their signature ice cream desserts.
- Limited Time Magic: Secret Santa Week - Visit the Town Square Christmas Tree on Main Street and see Duffy in his Christmas outfit. Other Disney characters will be located around the park. Get a special decorated keepsake card from each one as a souvenir.
- Limited Time Magic: Tour the Magic Kingdom with Phil Holmes - 25 lucky guests will get to tour the park with current Vice President Phil Holmes.
- Blog - Best Places to View EPCOT’s Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
- VIDEO: Holiday Storytellers - The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs - New to Holidays Around The World 2013 at Epcot in 2013 are the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs. The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs play multiple sets each day filled with Christmas songs done the Canadian way on the Mill Stage.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jonathan Groff from FROZEN
- Guests at All Star Resorts will no longer receive Key to the World cards - As of 12/2/13, guests at All Star Sports Resort will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in. This will begin at All Star Music on 12/4/13 and at All Star Movies on 12/6/13. This system is already in place at Pop Century.
- VIDEO: it's a small world Holiday Full POV Ride-Through - The happiest cruise that ever sailed gets even merrier for the holidays. it's a small world, the 1964 World's Fair attraction that came to Disneyland in 1966, gets a full overlay for the holiday season including decorations and a new soundtrack!
- Atlanta Braves spring training tickets now on sale - The Atlanta Braves return to ESPN Wide World of Sports for their annual spring training. Tickets are first come/first served and the games take place at Champion Stadium.
- Blog - Give Kids the World Village and Giving Tuesday December 3, 2013
- VIDEO: Gran Fiesta Tour POV Ride-Through - Donald Duck disappears on his way to a Three Caballeros performance in Mexico City and his friends, José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles, set out to search for him.
- Blog - Brewing Now: Joffrey’s Disney Parks Collection of Coffees
- Blog - A Brit’s Perspective – Visiting the UK in Orlando
- Specialty food and drink offered for holidays at Epcot - New this holiday season, each country will be serving a specialty food and drink.
- New bus loop at Magic Kingdom open - In addition to regular single stops, there are several double stops that will accommodate two regular buses or one of the new articulated buses.
- Limited Time Magic: Donate a Duffy the Disney Bear to Toys for Tots - Visit the Once Upon a Toy store or the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney and with every $5 purchase, Disney will donate a Duffy the Disney Bear toy to Toys for Tots.
- Limited Time Magic: Jolly Year of the Ear - Celebrate the season in style with Santa Mickey and Minnie Santa ear hats - only available for a short time at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom.
- Times and dates for Epcot holiday storytellers - Each country has its own special theme that highlights its culture. Storytellers will delight you with tales of their heritage and how the holidays are celebrated in their homeland.
- VIDEO: "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen in Celebrate the Magic - This holiday season, "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen is featured in Celebrate the Magic, the nighttime projection show on Cinderella Castle.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Happy Thanksgiving from the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom: Turnstile-Free!
- New holiday entertainment for the Canada pavilion at Epcot - Follow the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs on a musical tour to discover the country's holiday customs.
- Blog - Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights 101
- Royal Caribbean is offering a $200 Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit! - The offer is only available for booking on December 2, 3 and 4, 2013.
- Disney Vacation Club members offered event at Splitsville Luxury Lanes - On December 2 and 9 from 5-6:45pm, the experience will include bowling, shoe rental, a shared appetizer, an entree (or kids' meal), a signature beverage and a special DVC gift.
- Several rehabs added for early 2014 - The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Festival of the Lion King, Kali River Rapids, and the Studio Backlot Tour have all been added to the rehab list.
- Aulani named Best for Families by Fodor's Travel - Aulani was recently named "Best for Families" by Fodor's Travel in their "Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts for 2013" list.
- Blog - Review: “Frozen”
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Limited Time Magic: Thanksgiving Treats Available - Special treats will be available at various locations in the theme parks.
- New Year's Eve dining info for Swan and Dolphin Hotels - The restaurants of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will be offering special New Year's Eve menus.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 37% at select hotels - Discount is valid for travel between 1/4/14-3/18/14, 3/14/14-3/29/14, 1/19/14-3/13/14 and 3/30/14-4/12/14.
- Blog - Why I’m excited to take my baby on a Disney Cruise!
- Limited Time Magic: Jingle Cruise poster giveaway - Celebrate the Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park with a complimentary mini poster while supplies last.
- Several rehabs scheduled for the Magic Kingdom - Among the closings are The Plaza Restaurant, Pinocchio Village Haus, Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover, Barnstormer, and the Liberty Square Riverboat.
- Blog - Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts
- The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special to return? - Rumors are that the popular holiday version of The Comedy Warehouse will be returning to Hollywood Studios this year.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE: Nikon becomes the Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- VIDEO: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2013 - What happens when you combine one 30,000 pound, 65 foot tree, one 40 foot star, 5500 twinkling lights, 430 feet of garland, 325 ornaments, 275 feet of strung popcorn, 400 flickering candles, 135 candy canes, 100 gingerbread cookies and the Disney Characters? Why, you have the perfect recipe for Christmas at the Magic Kingdom!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Photography - Creative photos from Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Christmas dining options for Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Christmas menus.
- Thanksgiving dining options at Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Thanksgiving menus.
- New looks available for the holidays at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Now through 1/3/14, little girls can choose from a Frozen Package or a Holiday Minnie Package.
- Santa Claus comes to Downtown Disney - At the Marketplace, you'll find Santa Claus waiting to greet you at his chalet in front of the World of Disney store.
- VIDEO: Josh Gad - Voice of Olaf in "Frozen" - Interview - Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in "Frozen" and "World of Color - Winter Dreams" and Tony Award nominee for "The Book of Mormon", takes a few minutes to talk about how important it was to work on a Disney film that led to a theme park experience and the music behind it all.
- All guests at Pop Century will now use MagicBands - As of 11/14/13, guests at Pop Century will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in.
- Heart is the third musical group to cancel SeaWorld performance
- Willie Nelson backs out of SeaWorld Orlando's Bands, Brew & BBQ event
- Disney obtains distrbution rights to future Indiana Jones films
- Family sues Disney when woman dies from complications after a fall
- Disney's PhotoPass+ changing to Memory Maker
- WestJet debuts Sorcerer Mickey plane
- Seaworld Orlando's Shamu show closes for 3 months
- Barenaked Ladies cancels SeaWorld concert due to animal rights issue
- 12-year-old girl protests SeaWorld parade float
- SeaWorld plans several events for early 2014
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|8:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:30
11:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom