Disney's Polynesian Resort
Disney's Polynesian Resort Rooms
As with all of the deluxe resorts at Walt Disney World
Resort, the rooms at Disney's Polynesian Resort have interior
hallways. In the guest rooms you will find 2 queen size
beds with batik bed canopies and day bed. NOTE:
King size beds are available only in the two bedroom or
Presidential Suite. An armoire, television,
clock radio, nightstand, telephone, table with 2 chairs,
wall mirror, ceiling fan, small safe in the lit closet,
luggage rack, iron and ironing board and a full bathroom
that includes a hair dryer are here for your comfort.
Most of the upper floor rooms have balconies. Some of
the older buildings were intentionally built without balconies
to preserve the authenticity of the Polynesian building
styles. King size beds are available only in suites, not
the regular guestrooms. Some of the rooms in the Rapa
Nui or Tokelau longhouses are specially equipped for guests
with disabilities. An average guestroom is 409 square
feet. Two views are offered here, garden or lagoon. Pool views have been added now that the main theme pool
rehab is completed.
Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing, will find high speed access. Roll-away beds are not offered here. Guests may request coffeemakers (with a single supply of complimentary coffee/tea), bed boards, bed rails, extra pillows, blankets, towels, robes and International Electrical Adapters. Call Housekeeping to do so. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $25 per person, per night.
Suites: The Tonga longhouse
is home to the suites at Disney's Polynesian Resort. Most
suites have a kitchen area and a sitting area. They also
offer 2 queen size beds, or 1 king size, and possibly
2 Sico beds (that pull out from the wall). The bathrooms
have lovely marble tubs. The furniture, in accordance
with the South Seas theme, is bamboo and cane with stone
table tops. Other benefits of staying in a suite include
speaker telephones with a second line, bathrobes, an iron
and ironing board, some special Polynesian stationery
and a nightly turndown service. These amenities
are also available in the standard concierge rooms.
Presidential Suite (King Kamehameha Suite) - 1863 sq ft ($1805.00 to $2490.00 per night - appx)
This suite has two bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, with a parlor. This is a two floor suite, with the main living area on the first floor, and the two bedrooms on the second floor. The mini kitchen here includes a small refrigerator, ice maker, small microwave and sink. There are also standard connecting rooms availalbe that could make this a five bedroom suite.
Ambassador Suite - 1513 sq ft ($1345.00 to $1760.00)
This suite has two bedrooms, 3 baths and a parlor area. Mini-kitchen includes a small refrigerator, ice maker, small microwave and sink. There are two suites in this category.
Princess Suite - 1212 sq. ft ($1190.00 to $1630.00)
This suite has two bedrooms, each with two queen beds, along with a day bed in the parlor. This suite also includes a wet bar and small refrigerator.
1br Princess Suite - 760 sq. ft ($680.00 to $975.00)
This suite has one bedroom with two queen beds, and a day bed in the parlor.
Suite add on room - 386 sq. ft (same price as lagoon view room)
At Disney's Polynesian Resort, the Concierge Service is found in the Hawaii and Tonga longhouses. The Concierge lounge is located in the Hawaii building. Concierge guests can check in here and have refreshments upon arrival. In addition to the amenities offered with the suites, concierge service includes making your dining reservations, planning outings, ticket purchases, transportation arrangements, filling requests for special dining or accommodation needs, daily newspapers and use of the lounge. The lounge offers a continental breakfast buffet (with bagels, fresh fruit, cereals and beverages), mid-afternoon snacks (with fresh-baked cookies and beverages), in the late afternoon, wine and hors d'oeuvres, and later on in the evening, guests can enjoy cordials and bedtime snacks. The concierge has even been known to secure an autographed picture or two of your favorite characters!
For families with very small children, cribs (the pak-n-play variety), playpens and high chairs are available by calling Housekeeping or Guest Services. While Disney's Polynesian Resort may be one of the two oldest resorts on property, extensive renovations have been ongoing, most recently in 1997 and 1998.
TIP: The rooms closest to the restaurants, monorail and bus stop are found in the Tonga, Niue and Rarotonga longhouses. Samoa, Hawaii, Tokelau, Rarotonga, and Niue are all close to the large pool. The Magic Kingdom Park is best viewed from rooms in the Hawaii, Tokelau or Tahiti buildings.
Check-in time is 3 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m. Guest may check in as early as 7 a.m. and if the room is not ready, store luggage with Bell Services and head for the theme parks when they open.
- Feel the Force Dining Event offers reserved viewing at Star Wars Weekends - This special dining event will give guests a VIP viewing location for the "Legends of the Force" motorcade, a nightly dessert party featuring Darth Vader cupcakes, and reserved viewing for the "Symphony in the Stars" fireworks show.
- Disney's Hollywood Studios plans for 25th Anniversary celebration - Schedule of events for May 1, 2014.
- Full list of celebrities attending Star Wars Weekends 2014 - New on the list this year are Mark Hamill and John Ratzenberger.
- Race dates for Disney's Marathon Weekend and Princess Half Marathon - List of all the individual race dates for both weekends.
- Happy 50th anniversary to it's a small world! - it's a small world opened at the New York World's Fair on April 22, 1964.
- Blog - Review: Epcot After Hours Wind Down
- Registration opens for the 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon - Registration spots for the races fill up quickly. If you know for sure you want to participate in one of the events, we recommend you register as soon as possible.
- Happy 16th anniversary to Disney's Animal Kingdom - Disney's Animal Kingdom opened on April 22, 1998 - Earth Day.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Anna and Elsa meet and greet moves to Magic Kingdom today - These popular princesses will no longer be seen in Epcot's Norway pavilion.
- Planning to be at Disney World on Easter? - List of church services, dinners and special activities taking place at Walt Disney World on Easter.
- Blog - Ranking our 5 Senses in Disney's Theme Parks
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19 - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down - Tickets, which can be reserved in advance, include one beverage and a selection of light snacks.
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses - Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course will be closed 5/21 - 6/4/2014.
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance - Onsite resort guests and guests at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and offsite guests can make their reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu - Prices have increased by about 50 cents per sandwich. New sandwiches have been added and others have been removed.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos! - Guests will save up to 35% on their room, plus get free Memory Maker digital photos. Discount is valid for travel between 6/16/14 - 8/2/14.
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20 - The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more - In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot.
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts - List of events planned at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released - List of times for parades, fireworks, and park hours.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab - The attraction will be closed 4/7-4/9/14.
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips! - Surprising the kids with a Disney vacation is part of the thrill for some parents. Others would love to do it, but aren’t sure how to pull it off. Here are some different approaches to creating that special surprise for your family!
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant - For this special evening, guests will dine at the exclusive Markham's restaurant at Disney's Golden Oak Club, Walt Disney World's private residential community.
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series - The Sounds Like Summer Concert Series features some of the greatest tribute bands rockin' to U2, The Bee Gees, the Eagles and many more during select nights from June to July.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale - Disney's Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - The American Adventure, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - Italy, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World - Prices have increased $2 for each category.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame, February 12, 2014 - Morning
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members - Discounted tickets are available for performances April 1-May 10 and May 27-June 28, 2014.
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway - The Exotic Driving Experience and 2014 Rolex 24 winner Christian Fittipaldi are putting on a half-day racing event at the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display - This is the third year the resort has hosted the display of hand-painted edible Easter eggs; the eggs are 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios! - For a limited time, guests will have the opportunity to dine with Star Wars characters or Disney characters dressed up in their Star Wars costumes.
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30 - A new restaurant will open in its place this fall.
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends! - This will be the actor's first appearance at Star Wars Weekends.
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - The resort will be celebrating a PEEPtastic week 4/16 - 4/20/14.
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design - "Mickey's Perfect Petals" will be showcased at the brunch and will be available for purchase.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The upcoming Maleficent film, starring Angelina Jolie, opens in theaters May 30. Theme park guests can see an extended preview of the film beginning April 18 and running through mid-June.
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney - The Food Truck Park is currently under construction and should open this summer between Bongos and Starbucks.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Disney guests to have access to extra FastPass+ each day
- First quarter earnings for Universal Orlando
- Cell phone charging stations added to Magic Kingdom
- Today Show to film at Universal Orlando on Friday
- James Cameron pleased with Disney's Avatar Land design
- Disney one of the world's most disappointing destinations?
- Universal Orlando painters sent to hospital
- Kickstarter campaign hopes to raise money for "Dark Side of Disney" film
- Disney plans four Star Wars children's books
- SeaWorld Orlando offers summer camps for kids
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 7:00
10:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios