Disney's Polynesian Resort
Disney's Polynesian Resort Rooms
As with all of the deluxe resorts at Walt Disney World
Resort, the rooms at Disney's Polynesian Resort have interior
hallways. In the guest rooms you will find 2 queen size
beds with batik bed canopies and day bed. NOTE:
King size beds are available only in the two bedroom or
Presidential Suite. An armoire, television,
clock radio, nightstand, telephone, table with 2 chairs,
wall mirror, ceiling fan, small safe in the lit closet,
luggage rack, iron and ironing board and a full bathroom
that includes a hair dryer are here for your comfort.
Most of the upper floor rooms have balconies. Some of
the older buildings were intentionally built without balconies
to preserve the authenticity of the Polynesian building
styles. King size beds are available only in suites, not
the regular guestrooms. Some of the rooms in the Rapa
Nui or Tokelau longhouses are specially equipped for guests
with disabilities. An average guestroom is 409 square
feet. Two views are offered here, garden or lagoon. Pool views have been added now that the main theme pool
rehab is completed.
Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing, will find high speed access. Roll-away beds are not offered here. Guests may request coffeemakers (with a single supply of complimentary coffee/tea), bed boards, bed rails, extra pillows, blankets, towels, robes and International Electrical Adapters. Call Housekeeping to do so. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $25 per person, per night.
Suites: The Tonga longhouse
is home to the suites at Disney's Polynesian Resort. Most
suites have a kitchen area and a sitting area. They also
offer 2 queen size beds, or 1 king size, and possibly
2 Sico beds (that pull out from the wall). The bathrooms
have lovely marble tubs. The furniture, in accordance
with the South Seas theme, is bamboo and cane with stone
table tops. Other benefits of staying in a suite include
speaker telephones with a second line, bathrobes, an iron
and ironing board, some special Polynesian stationery
and a nightly turndown service. These amenities
are also available in the standard concierge rooms.
Presidential Suite (King Kamehameha Suite) - 1863 sq ft ($1805.00 to $2490.00 per night - appx)
This suite has two bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, with a parlor. This is a two floor suite, with the main living area on the first floor, and the two bedrooms on the second floor. The mini kitchen here includes a small refrigerator, ice maker, small microwave and sink. There are also standard connecting rooms availalbe that could make this a five bedroom suite.
Ambassador Suite - 1513 sq ft ($1345.00 to $1760.00)
This suite has two bedrooms, 3 baths and a parlor area. Mini-kitchen includes a small refrigerator, ice maker, small microwave and sink. There are two suites in this category.
Princess Suite - 1212 sq. ft ($1190.00 to $1630.00)
This suite has two bedrooms, each with two queen beds, along with a day bed in the parlor. This suite also includes a wet bar and small refrigerator.
1br Princess Suite - 760 sq. ft ($680.00 to $975.00)
This suite has one bedroom with two queen beds, and a day bed in the parlor.
Suite add on room - 386 sq. ft (same price as lagoon view room)
At Disney's Polynesian Resort, the Concierge Service is found in the Hawaii and Tonga longhouses. The Concierge lounge is located in the Hawaii building. Concierge guests can check in here and have refreshments upon arrival. In addition to the amenities offered with the suites, concierge service includes making your dining reservations, planning outings, ticket purchases, transportation arrangements, filling requests for special dining or accommodation needs, daily newspapers and use of the lounge. The lounge offers a continental breakfast buffet (with bagels, fresh fruit, cereals and beverages), mid-afternoon snacks (with fresh-baked cookies and beverages), in the late afternoon, wine and hors d'oeuvres, and later on in the evening, guests can enjoy cordials and bedtime snacks. The concierge has even been known to secure an autographed picture or two of your favorite characters!
For families with very small children, cribs (the pak-n-play variety), playpens and high chairs are available by calling Housekeeping or Guest Services. While Disney's Polynesian Resort may be one of the two oldest resorts on property, extensive renovations have been ongoing, most recently in 1997 and 1998.
TIP: The rooms closest to the restaurants, monorail and bus stop are found in the Tonga, Niue and Rarotonga longhouses. Samoa, Hawaii, Tokelau, Rarotonga, and Niue are all close to the large pool. The Magic Kingdom Park is best viewed from rooms in the Hawaii, Tokelau or Tahiti buildings.
Check-in time is 3 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m. Guest may check in as early as 7 a.m. and if the room is not ready, store luggage with Bell Services and head for the theme parks when they open.
- Dates and seminars announced for Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic - 2014 will be the 5th year for this event that features wine and beer seminars, tasting stations and live music.
- VIDEO: 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - One of the most welcome signs of spring is Epcot's annual International Flower & Garden Festival. While the grounds at Epcot are always beautiful, the Flower and Garden Festival takes them to the next level. At the festival you'll find gardens, topiaries, play areas, outdoor food kitchens, exhibits, music, and more.
- Blog - Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO - Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - Festival of Fantasy is the brand new daily parade at the Magic Kingdom bringing the characters and stories of New Fantasyland to life! Brand new floats and costumes were produced for the parade featuring characters from Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Dumbo, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Fantasia, Snow White and more!
- Photo Gallery of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - The "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" celebrates New Fantasyland with new innovative floats, costumes and an all-new soundtrack that features songs from popular Disney films.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Leadership changes at Walt Disney World resorts and transportation
- Disney and unions extend contract
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Epcot FW