Shades of Green Resort
Disney's Shades of Green Resort is designed to give U.S. Military personnel their own resort offering the best of Disney World at an affordable rate.
Shades of Green Address:
P.O. Box 22789
Lake Buena Vista, FL 34761
Discounts for Military Personnel
Online - Shades of Green
Phone - 888-593-2242 (Hours 9:00am - 5:00pm EST)
This deluxe resort is located in a secluded area near the Magic Kingdom and is nestled between the Magnolia and Palm golf courses. The entrance is opposite the Polynesian and Grand Floridian Resorts. General Manager James McCrindle describes the resort as "the best place for military families to come and relax while they enjoy all of the features of Walt Disney World at great rates. You cannot get a better deal anywhere on Disney Property." This resort is a Armed Forces Recreation Center and is open to all branches of the military. Having undergone major expansion, it now has 586 spacious rooms with either a balcony or private patio. In addition to the 312 new rooms, Mangino's, a Tuscan inspired restaurant, and a 600 space indoor parking garage has been added. The Shades of Green Resort is a quiet retreat that resembles a country inn. The lobby is a bright, welcoming center with stone walls and picturesque views.
Shades of Green is a non-smoking resort. This policy is in effect throughout the entire property, indoors and out. Guests wishing to stay at the Shades of Green must meet the following eligibilty criteria:
|CATEGORY||AUTHORIZED GROUP (PER DODI)|
|Armed Forces and their families|
|Other Uniformed Services||Members of the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service, and Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration on active duty|
|Armed Forces retirees and their family members|
|Others separated from the Armed Forces and their family members|
|Others associated with the Department of Defense
||Former Prisoners of War (POWs) and spouses of current POWs or Service members missing in action (MIA)|
|Former and/or surviving spouses and family members|
|Other supporters of DoD|
|U.S. DoD civilians and family members||Both APF and NAF, and retired DoD civilians|
|DoD contract personnel and technical representatives||Working full time on the installation|
|Other Federal employees
||Non DoD Federal employees working on a military installation
|Guests||Who are not otherwise eligible to use MWR programs, when specifically invited and accompanied by an authorized patron.|
|Members of the public within the U. S.|
|U.S. DoD civilians and their family members||When stationed outside the U.S.|
|U.S. Coast Guard Civilians||When stationed outside the U.S.|
|Others associated with the Department of Defense|
The Shades of Green resort is not owned by Walt Disney World, but guests enjoy many of the benefits extended to Walt Disney World resorts guests. Priority Seating arrangements, childcare, package delivery to your resort, use of the WDW transportation and complimentary use of wheelchairs for use at the resort (on a first come, first serve basis), are some of the amenities extended to Shades of Green guests. Additionally, guests staying at Shades of Green have access to the Attractions and Ticket Sales office located at the resort. Discounted admission to the Walt Disney World theme parks is available as well as to many popular Orlando attractions such as Universal Studios and Sea World, as well as dinner shows. The "Made in the Shade" gift shop and the "AAFES General Store" offer souvenirs and convenience items. The resort is tax-free but this is not extended beyond Shades of Green.
- Two outdoor heated pools and one hot tub
- Video arcade with pool table
- Banquet facilities
- Babysitting/Childcare Services
- Valet Service Cleaning
- Private balcony or patio
- In-room safe
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Two lighted tennis courts
- Fitness Facility
- Children's wading pool and playground
- Complimentary valet parking
- Indoor parking garage
- Coin Operated Laundry facilities
- Bell Services
- ATM machine
- Poolside bar
- Mini refrigerators in all guestrooms
- Internet Access
- Voice Mail
A Tuscan themed restaurant featuring Italian cuisine. Mangino's offers fine dining with an extensive wine list to choose from. Dinner served from 5:00pm to 10:00pm.
Evergreen's Sports Bar and Grill Traditional American fare featuring burgers, salads, etc. in a sports setting. Lunch/dinner served 11:00am to midnight.
Eagles Lounge Sandwiches, beverages served from 11:00am to 9:00pm
Express Cafe Pastries, snacks, coffee, tea, etc.
Room Service Offered from 7:00am to 11:00am and 4:00pm to 11:00pm
Shuttle buses providing transportation to the Disney Ticket and Transportation center
- Blog - Best Places to View EPCOT’s Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
- VIDEO: Holiday Storytellers - The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs - New to Holidays Around The World 2013 at Epcot in 2013 are the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs. The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs play multiple sets each day filled with Christmas songs done the Canadian way on the Mill Stage.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jonathan Groff from FROZEN
- Guests at All Star Resorts will no longer receive Key to the World cards - As of 12/2/13, guests at All Star Sports Resort will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in. This will begin at All Star Music on 12/4/13 and at All Star Movies on 12/6/13. This system is already in place at Pop Century.
- VIDEO: it's a small world Holiday Full POV Ride-Through - The happiest cruise that ever sailed gets even merrier for the holidays. it's a small world, the 1964 World's Fair attraction that came to Disneyland in 1966, gets a full overlay for the holiday season including decorations and a new soundtrack!
- Atlanta Braves spring training tickets now on sale - The Atlanta Braves return to ESPN Wide World of Sports for their annual spring training. Tickets are first come/first served and the games take place at Champion Stadium.
- Blog - Give Kids the World Village and Giving Tuesday December 3, 2013
- VIDEO: Gran Fiesta Tour POV Ride-Through - Donald Duck disappears on his way to a Three Caballeros performance in Mexico City and his friends, José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles, set out to search for him.
- Blog - Brewing Now: Joffrey’s Disney Parks Collection of Coffees
- Blog - A Brit’s Perspective – Visiting the UK in Orlando
- Specialty food and drink offered for holidays at Epcot - New this holiday season, each country will be serving a specialty food and drink.
- New bus loop at Magic Kingdom open - In addition to regular single stops, there are several double stops that will accommodate two regular buses or one of the new articulated buses.
- Limited Time Magic: Donate a Duffy the Disney Bear to Toys for Tots - Visit the Once Upon a Toy store or the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney and with every $5 purchase, Disney will donate a Duffy the Disney Bear toy to Toys for Tots.
- Limited Time Magic: Jolly Year of the Ear - Celebrate the season in style with Santa Mickey and Minnie Santa ear hats - only available for a short time at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom.
- Times and dates for Epcot holiday storytellers - Each country has its own special theme that highlights its culture. Storytellers will delight you with tales of their heritage and how the holidays are celebrated in their homeland.
- VIDEO: "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen in Celebrate the Magic - This holiday season, "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen is featured in Celebrate the Magic, the nighttime projection show on Cinderella Castle.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Happy Thanksgiving from the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom: Turnstile-Free!
- New holiday entertainment for the Canada pavilion at Epcot - Follow the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs on a musical tour to discover the country's holiday customs.
- Blog - Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights 101
- Royal Caribbean is offering a $200 Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit! - The offer is only available for booking on December 2, 3 and 4, 2013.
- Disney Vacation Club members offered event at Splitsville Luxury Lanes - On December 2 and 9 from 5-6:45pm, the experience will include bowling, shoe rental, a shared appetizer, an entree (or kids' meal), a signature beverage and a special DVC gift.
- Several rehabs added for early 2014 - The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Festival of the Lion King, Kali River Rapids, and the Studio Backlot Tour have all been added to the rehab list.
- Aulani named Best for Families by Fodor's Travel - Aulani was recently named "Best for Families" by Fodor's Travel in their "Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts for 2013" list.
- Blog - Review: “Frozen”
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Limited Time Magic: Thanksgiving Treats Available - Special treats will be available at various locations in the theme parks.
- New Year's Eve dining info for Swan and Dolphin Hotels - The restaurants of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will be offering special New Year's Eve menus.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 37% at select hotels - Discount is valid for travel between 1/4/14-3/18/14, 3/14/14-3/29/14, 1/19/14-3/13/14 and 3/30/14-4/12/14.
- Blog - Why I’m excited to take my baby on a Disney Cruise!
- Limited Time Magic: Jingle Cruise poster giveaway - Celebrate the Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park with a complimentary mini poster while supplies last.
- Several rehabs scheduled for the Magic Kingdom - Among the closings are The Plaza Restaurant, Pinocchio Village Haus, Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover, Barnstormer, and the Liberty Square Riverboat.
- Blog - Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts
- The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special to return? - Rumors are that the popular holiday version of The Comedy Warehouse will be returning to Hollywood Studios this year.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE: Nikon becomes the Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- VIDEO: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2013 - What happens when you combine one 30,000 pound, 65 foot tree, one 40 foot star, 5500 twinkling lights, 430 feet of garland, 325 ornaments, 275 feet of strung popcorn, 400 flickering candles, 135 candy canes, 100 gingerbread cookies and the Disney Characters? Why, you have the perfect recipe for Christmas at the Magic Kingdom!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Photography - Creative photos from Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Christmas dining options for Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Christmas menus.
- Thanksgiving dining options at Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Thanksgiving menus.
- New looks available for the holidays at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Now through 1/3/14, little girls can choose from a Frozen Package or a Holiday Minnie Package.
- Santa Claus comes to Downtown Disney - At the Marketplace, you'll find Santa Claus waiting to greet you at his chalet in front of the World of Disney store.
- VIDEO: Josh Gad - Voice of Olaf in "Frozen" - Interview - Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in "Frozen" and "World of Color - Winter Dreams" and Tony Award nominee for "The Book of Mormon", takes a few minutes to talk about how important it was to work on a Disney film that led to a theme park experience and the music behind it all.
- All guests at Pop Century will now use MagicBands - As of 11/14/13, guests at Pop Century will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in.
- Disney's PhotoPass+ changing to Memory Maker
- WestJet debuts Sorcerer Mickey plane
- Seaworld Orlando's Shamu show closes for 3 months
- Barenaked Ladies cancels SeaWorld concert due to animal rights issue
- 12-year-old girl protests SeaWorld parade float
- SeaWorld plans several events for early 2014
- Guest credit card info stolen by Universal Orlando employee
- Christmas festivities taking place at SeaWorld Orlando
- Another Disney executive retires
- Performer lineup for SeaWorld's Bands, Brew and BBQ
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 9:30
11:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom