Accessing the Internet on a Disney Vacation
It's not unusual for today's vacationers to bring a laptop along for the trip. In response to this, Disney is continually updating guest computer access at the resorts.
All of the Disney resorts and theme parks have Complimentary Wireless Internet Access. In our experience, the speed isn't great and the connection often drops. Hopefully this will improve in the future.
Technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Requirements: A laptop with wireless internet capabilities.
Computer Rentals: You can rent a computer at the Disney Resort Business Centers which are located at the resorts listed in the next section. These computers can be accessed during normal Business Center Hours. The center is to be contacted for pricing/availabilty.
Additionally, laptops can be rented. These require 24 hours notice.
The Disney Cruise Line ships offer Wireless
If your laptop is wireless ready, you can bring it onboard the Disney Cruise Line and use it to surf the net and have full access to your personal files. There is a fee associated with using the onboard wireless. Click Here for more information
Charging cell phones in the parks:
- In the Magic Kingdom - USB ports and 110v outlets are located in Storybook Circus near Pete's Silly Sideshow, Space Mountain gift shop and in the Tangled restroom area. You will need your own charger.
- At any of the parks, if you have your charger, you can also leave your phone at guest relations. They will give you a Article Storage Ticket and you can pick it back up whenver you want.
- There are regular wall outlets to be found around the parks, but - Do not unplug anything or move anything to get to an outlet. Play it safe and ask a cast member if there's anywhere you can plug in.
Complimentary wi-Fi is offered at all Disney Resorts and throughout the theme parks. If you have a Wi-Fi enabled laptop or PDA, you can also access the internet from common areas at the resort. Just select the correct network, connect and accept the terms and conditions. Covered cellular carriers include AT&T, Verizon, Spring, T-Mobile and MetroPCS.
Common areas with free wifi:
Bus stops, feature pool, main lobby, porte cochere
Requirements: If needed, you may be able to purchase a Wireless Interface Card (WIC) in the resort's business center (locations at resorts listed below).
Disney World Locations:
- The Mara
- Kidani Village bus stop
- Lobby and villas at Kidani
- Main Lobby area
- Stone Harbor Club Concierge Lounge
- Stormalong Bay Pool area
- Beaches and Cream
- Cape May Cafe
- Convention Center Hallways/Common Areas
- Resort Lobby
- Main Swimming Pool Area
- Concierge Lounges
- Bellevue Lounge
- Conference Center (including lobby and porte cochere)
- Outside on The Boardwalk
- Front Desk sitting area
- 14th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Outer Rim Bar
- 1st Floor Convention Center Lobby
- 2nd Floor Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Chef Mickey's
- The Wave
- Contempo Cafe
- Bay Lake Tower - rooms, lobby and porte cochere
- Main Hotel Lobby
- Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Francisco's Lounge
- Maya Grill
- Pepper market
- Food court
- Reception Outpost Internet Cafe
- Meadows Trading Post
- Crockett's Tavern
- 1st Floor Lobby including the Tea Room
- Convention Center
- Beach Pool
- 4th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Victoria & Albert's
- 1900 Park Fare
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Gasparilla Grill & Games
- Turtle Shack
- Captain Cooks
- Kona Cafe
- Luaua Cove
- Turf Club
- High Rock Springs Pool
- Treehouse Villas
- Artist Point
- Roaring Forks
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Wilderness Lodge Villas
- Main Lobby (both resorts)
- Concierge sitting area (both resorts)
- Convention Center Lobby
- Stormalong Bay Pool
- Captain's Grille
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
Wi-Fi networks may be the fastest-growing segment of Wi-Fi service, as more and more travelers and mobile professionals look for fast and secure Internet access wherever they are while they travel. Wi-Fi networks soon will be found in urban areas providing coverage throughout cities, or they will even be available on major highways, enabling access anywhere you can pull over and stop the car.
Please note you only have true freedom to be connected anywhere if your computer is configured with a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED radio (a PC Card or similar device). Wi-Fi certification means that you will be able to connect anywhere there are other compatible Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products — whether you are at home, the office or corporate campus, or in airports, hotels, coffee shops and other public areas equipped with Wi-Fi access available.
Wi-Fi Service systems being used now in the
Boingo Wireless, Inc. is an ultra-high-speed wireless Internet service available in thousands of locations such as hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. Both directly and through major carrier and ISP partners, Boingo provides business travelers with a wireless broadband Internet connection to improve productivity while on the road. Through its Wi-Fi software and Roaming System, Boingo makes finding and connecting to Wi-Fi networks point-and-click simple and secure. More information about Boingo is available at www.boingo.com.
Trustive - Wireless Internet access provider (virtual WISP or VWISP) Wireless freedom For more info go to www.trustive.com/
Wayport is the one of the leading providers of high-speed wired and Wi-Fi (802.11b) wireless Internet access for travelers throughout an extensive network of hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. For more information on locations go to www.wayport.com/
T-Mobile Wireless Internet Access - T-Mobile Hot Spots Wireless Internet Access Service, Services T-Mobile HotSpot provides high-speed Wi-Fi wireless Internet access in convenient public locations. For locations go to www.t-mobile.com/hotspot/
hereUare Communications provides a suite of innovative services based on the internationally recognized IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi) standard and tailored to meet the unique requirements of the high-speed public wireless industry. www.hereuare.com/
STSN is one of the leading providers of secure wired and wireless broadband services to the hospitality industry. Every month, more than a quarter million business travelers rely on STSN to increase their productivity with secure, easy-to-use, high-speed connectivity options in more than 1,900 hotels and 265,000 guest rooms, including 5,000 hotel meeting rooms worldwide. www.stsn.com/hotel_locator.php
- April merchandise events at Walt Disney World - List of merchandise events and artist appearances/signings around the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Happy 20th anniversary to Blizzard Beach! - Disney’s Blizzard Beach is a 66-acre themed water recreation attraction — inspired by the mythology of a snow ski resort that didn’t exactly find a suitable climate in Florida!
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows are now open!
- Blog - Judge fools all, banning Frozen from theme parks and agreeing with "Frozen is my life story" author
- VIDEO: Bora Bora Bungalows and Pago Pago Studio Villa Tour at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Take a tour of the brand new Bora Bora Bungalows and Pago Pago Studio Villas at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- VIDEO: Trader Sam's Grog Grotto Overview - Take a look inside Trader Sam's Grog Grotto at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- How young is too young? Bringing a baby to Walt Disney World
- Pricing released for Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic - 2015 will be the 6th year for this event that features wine and beer seminars, tasting stations and live music.
- Trader Sam's to be open from 4pm-midnight, with adults only after 8pm - Trader Sam's is currently in soft opening at the Polynesian and will officially open in late April.
- VIDEO: Skeleton Make-Up Tutorial For Disney Cruise Line and Walt Disney World - A simple and easy way to make up you or your kids for the great Disney costumed events.
- Succumbing to the Charms of Hong Kong Disneyland - Not surprisingly, the park has many things in common with the other two "Magic Kingdom" style parks I have visited, and it also has many features that make it unique.
- VIDEO: Pirate Make-Up Tutorial For Disney Cruise Line and Walt Disney World - A simple and easy way to make up you or your kids for the great Disney costumed events.
- New figures available for Star Wars Weekends D-Tech Me experience - The experience is held in Darth's Mall and takes about 10 minutes.
- Parking lot shuttle being tested at Downtown Disney - There will be an overflow parking shuttle between the Hess and Team Disney parking lots and the parking garage on the West Side (first floor drop off area). Shuttle hours will be Sunday - Thursday 10:00 AM to Midnight, Friday and Saturday 10:00 AM to 2:00 AM.
- Trader Sam's Grog Grotto soft opening on March 28 - It will officially open in late April.
- "Tomorrowland" preview to be shown at Epcot's Imagination Pavilion theater - This is available April 3 - May 22, 2015.
- Blog - Be Our Guest Breakfast and Construction Update in Magic Kingdom
- Dining at Disney's table-service restaurants with your children
- Super hero-themed store to open in Downtown Disney - A "Super Hero Headquarters" store will open in early May in the location of the former United World Soccer Store.
- Effortlessly Cast Off 3 Common Park Stressors
- 3 Reasons Why Upgrading To A Moderate Resort Can Make All The Difference
- New additions to menu at Studio Catering Company - New sandwiches and a vegetable wrap are available.
- Space Mountain to be closed for 4 days in April - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from April 20-23.
- First look: Photos of Disney's new Polynesian Villas & Bora Bora Bungalows
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom - This meet and greet will take place through April 5.
- "Kid-sized" package offer available for Walt Disney World - Available for stays select nights 6/16/15 - 8/27/15.
- Save up to 30% with a Room Only offer at select Walt Disney World resorts - Valid for stays most nights 6/16/15 - 8/27/15.
- Disney Visa cardholders - Save up to 30% with a Disney World Room Only offer - This offer is expected to open to the general public on Monday, March 23.
- Innoventions West undergoing changes for "a new experience" - The sponsorship agreements with the current exhibitors are ending. A Disney spokeswoman said the three current tenants are leaving and they will be replaced, but exact details about the exhibit's future are not yet known.
- 38 Special and Air Supply to perform at Eat to the Beat concerts - Disney hasn't officially released the schedule yet, but 38 Special and Air Supply have the Eat to the Beat concerts listed on their official tour pages. 38 Special: 10/10-10/11/15 and Air Supply: 10/19-10/21/15
- Breakfast test begins at Be Our Guest Restaurant today - This is a test and will last through June 18.
- Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party to become Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party - Reservations open March 20 for parties July 5 and beyond.
- Details released for Frozen Summer Fun LIVE! at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This event will take place June 17-September 7, 2015.
- "Baseball Tonight" to broadcast live from ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex - The shows will take place March 23-27, 2015.
- Five Guests who turn into Disney Villains
- 2015 Wine and Dine Half Marathon registration now open - This event will take place 11/6-11/7/15.
- Driving to Disney - do you drive overnight or during the day?
- Breakfast menu available for Be Our Guest Restaurant - A start date for breakfast has not yet been announced.
- Walt Disney World room only offer - only 2 more weeks to book! - Save up to 25% on rooms at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels for stays most nights 3/2-6/15/15. Book by 3/28/15.
- Blog - Animal Kingdom Construction Update
- Doc McStuffins meet and greet added at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Doc will begin greeting guests in May in the Animation Courtyard.
- Winged Encounters - The Kingdom Takes Flight moves to location in front of Tree of Life - This show takes place several times per day and showcase six different varieties of macaws (hyacinth, green-winged, blue and gold, scarlet, blue-throated and military).
- Aloha Isle and Sunshine Tree Terrace switch locations - Aloha Isle in now located behind the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. Sunshine Tree Terrace is now near the front of Adventureland.
- Blog - Review: "Cinderella" is impressive, but was it and "Frozen Fever" necessary?
- Arriving Early At Magic Kingdom
- Our family's must-do's at each Disney World theme park
- Best Places To Take Mid-Day Breaks Within The Magic Kingdom
- Direct bus route to be tested between Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon - It will run from the middle of the day until one hour after the water parks close. This will allow guests to "hop" between water parks like they do with the theme parks.
- Cinderella's Royal Table reopens after refurbishment - The popular Magic Kingdom restaurant has been closed since January.
- Sun Shades by Sunglass Hut to open at Blizzard Beach - Blizzard Beach is currently closed through March 14 for its yearly refurbishment.
- 5 Reasons Leaving a Park to Save Money on Food is a Bad Idea
- Adjusted schedule for the Express beam monorails - The Express beam (between the TTC and Magic Kingdom) will shut down on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 11:30am and 6pm from 3/10/15 - Summer 2015.
- Food Truck Takeover at Downtown Disney - The Fantasy Fare food truck will serve menu items from Shutters at Old Port Royale this weekend.
- Polynesian East Pool to be closed from 4/13 - 12/31/15 - The main pool will be reopened before this one closes.
- FREE $25 Universal Orlando Gift Card with Vacation Package! - NEW - Receive a FREE $25 Universal Orlando Gift Card with The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Exclusive Vacation Package!
- Walt Disney and The Little Golden Books
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released