Accessing the Internet on a Disney Vacation
It's not unusual for today's vacationers to bring a laptop along for the trip. In response to this, Disney is continually updating guest computer access at the resorts.
All of the Disney resorts and theme parks have Complimentary Wireless Internet Access. In our experience, the speed isn't great and the connection often drops. Hopefully this will improve in the future.
Technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Requirements: A laptop with wireless internet capabilities.
Computer Rentals: You can rent a computer at the Disney Resort Business Centers which are located at the resorts listed in the next section. These computers can be accessed during normal Business Center Hours. The center is to be contacted for pricing/availabilty.
Additionally, laptops can be rented. These require 24 hours notice.
The Disney Cruise Line ships offer Wireless
If your laptop is wireless ready, you can bring it onboard the Disney Cruise Line and use it to surf the net and have full access to your personal files. There is a fee associated with using the onboard wireless. Click Here for more information
Charging cell phones in the parks:
- In the Magic Kingdom - USB ports and 110v outlets are located in Storybook Circus near Pete's Silly Sideshow, Space Mountain gift shop and in the Tangled restroom area. You will need your own charger.
- At any of the parks, if you have your charger, you can also leave your phone at guest relations. They will give you a Article Storage Ticket and you can pick it back up whenver you want.
- There are regular wall outlets to be found around the parks, but - Do not unplug anything or move anything to get to an outlet. Play it safe and ask a cast member if there's anywhere you can plug in.
Complimentary wi-Fi is offered at all Disney Resorts and throughout the theme parks. If you have a Wi-Fi enabled laptop or PDA, you can also access the internet from common areas at the resort. Just select the correct network, connect and accept the terms and conditions. Covered cellular carriers include AT&T, Verizon, Spring, T-Mobile and MetroPCS.
Common areas with free wifi:
Bus stops, feature pool, main lobby, porte cochere
Requirements: If needed, you may be able to purchase a Wireless Interface Card (WIC) in the resort's business center (locations at resorts listed below).
Disney World Locations:
- The Mara
- Kidani Village bus stop
- Lobby and villas at Kidani
- Main Lobby area
- Stone Harbor Club Concierge Lounge
- Stormalong Bay Pool area
- Beaches and Cream
- Cape May Cafe
- Convention Center Hallways/Common Areas
- Resort Lobby
- Main Swimming Pool Area
- Concierge Lounges
- Bellevue Lounge
- Conference Center (including lobby and porte cochere)
- Outside on The Boardwalk
- Front Desk sitting area
- 14th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Outer Rim Bar
- 1st Floor Convention Center Lobby
- 2nd Floor Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Chef Mickey's
- The Wave
- Contempo Cafe
- Bay Lake Tower - rooms, lobby and porte cochere
- Main Hotel Lobby
- Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Francisco's Lounge
- Maya Grill
- Pepper market
- Food court
- Reception Outpost Internet Cafe
- Meadows Trading Post
- Crockett's Tavern
- 1st Floor Lobby including the Tea Room
- Convention Center
- Beach Pool
- 4th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Victoria & Albert's
- 1900 Park Fare
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Gasparilla Grill & Games
- Turtle Shack
- Captain Cooks
- Kona Cafe
- Luaua Cove
- Turf Club
- High Rock Springs Pool
- Treehouse Villas
- Artist Point
- Roaring Forks
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Wilderness Lodge Villas
- Main Lobby (both resorts)
- Concierge sitting area (both resorts)
- Convention Center Lobby
- Stormalong Bay Pool
- Captain's Grille
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
Wi-Fi networks may be the fastest-growing segment of Wi-Fi service, as more and more travelers and mobile professionals look for fast and secure Internet access wherever they are while they travel. Wi-Fi networks soon will be found in urban areas providing coverage throughout cities, or they will even be available on major highways, enabling access anywhere you can pull over and stop the car.
Please note you only have true freedom to be connected anywhere if your computer is configured with a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED radio (a PC Card or similar device). Wi-Fi certification means that you will be able to connect anywhere there are other compatible Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products — whether you are at home, the office or corporate campus, or in airports, hotels, coffee shops and other public areas equipped with Wi-Fi access available.
Wi-Fi Service systems being used now in the
Boingo Wireless, Inc. is an ultra-high-speed wireless Internet service available in thousands of locations such as hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. Both directly and through major carrier and ISP partners, Boingo provides business travelers with a wireless broadband Internet connection to improve productivity while on the road. Through its Wi-Fi software and Roaming System, Boingo makes finding and connecting to Wi-Fi networks point-and-click simple and secure. More information about Boingo is available at www.boingo.com.
Trustive - Wireless Internet access provider (virtual WISP or VWISP) Wireless freedom For more info go to www.trustive.com/
Wayport is the one of the leading providers of high-speed wired and Wi-Fi (802.11b) wireless Internet access for travelers throughout an extensive network of hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. For more information on locations go to www.wayport.com/
T-Mobile Wireless Internet Access - T-Mobile Hot Spots Wireless Internet Access Service, Services T-Mobile HotSpot provides high-speed Wi-Fi wireless Internet access in convenient public locations. For locations go to www.t-mobile.com/hotspot/
hereUare Communications provides a suite of innovative services based on the internationally recognized IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi) standard and tailored to meet the unique requirements of the high-speed public wireless industry. www.hereuare.com/
STSN is one of the leading providers of secure wired and wireless broadband services to the hospitality industry. Every month, more than a quarter million business travelers rely on STSN to increase their productivity with secure, easy-to-use, high-speed connectivity options in more than 1,900 hotels and 265,000 guest rooms, including 5,000 hotel meeting rooms worldwide. www.stsn.com/hotel_locator.php
- Walt Disney World on a Budget - I feel like just a small alteration in expectations can save you money and possibly allow you to visit more often.
- Blog - Express Food Ordering Test At Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Happy 26th Birthday to Disney's Hollywood Studios! - This park opened its doors on May 1, 1989.
- May merchandise events for Walt Disney World - List of artist appearances and signings from around Walt Disney World.
- Walt Disney World adds more allergy-friendly menus - All of the Resort’s restaurants will have allergy-friendly menus by the end of the year.
- Disney Character Review - Gaston - He is such an over the top character that even as a cartoon he seems like a caricature of what a villain should be.
- New a cappella group to perform on America Gardens Theatre Stage - A new group, American Music Machine, will be performing on the America Gardens Theatre stage Wed-Sun at 12, 12:45, 1:40, 2:20 and 3:45. They are a 5 member a cappella group singing contemporary American hits.
- Registration now open for the 2016 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend events. - The dates for this event are 1/6-1/10/16.
- Trader Sam's now officially open at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - The lounge has been open for a few weeks, but was previously still considered in soft opening.
- Big Thunder Mountain begins 4 day rehab - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed through April 30.
- Walt Disney World FREE DINING Basics and FAQ's
- Getting to grips with MyMagic+ - This is my experience of using MyDisneyExperience & MyMagic+: my likes, dislikes, what I found useful when booking and tips I would like to pass on to help you plan your next Walt Disney World vacation.
- What is Your Family's Ideal Number of Days at Disney? - Do you prefer to take more frequent shorter trips or long trips less often?
- Be Our Guest breakfast test extended through July 18 - This was originally scheduled to end June 18.
- Expedition Everest Challenge will end after this year - This Animal Kingdom race will be held May 1-2, 2015.
- Dockside Margaritas opening at Downtown Disney today - Waterfront margarita bar, themed like a Florida fruit stand from the 1960s and serving handcrafted margaritas and authentic Florida brews.
- Family Dining at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for $100 a Day - Dining at Walt Disney World can be an enjoyable experience. It can also empty your wallet faster than you can lick your lips. What can you do?
- Teen Beach 2 Beach Party coming to Typhoon Lagoon - This will take place daily from May 22-July 5, 2015.
- Happy 17th Birthday to Disney's Animal Kingdom! - Animal Kingdom opened on Earth Day - April 22, 1998.
- Mother's Day dining at Walt Disney World - Celebrate your mom with a special dinner at the Walt Disney World Resort on May 10.
- Dead Men Tell No Tales this Summer - It's sad, but our favorite Buccaneers will be taking a break from pillaging and plundering this summer whilst the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction will be undergoing a much needed extensive rehab before it sets sail again in September.
- Pirates of the Caribbean rehab moved back to June 8 - This was originally scheduled to begin May 11.
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015 - Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc, The DIS and the DISUnplugged are proud to announce details of this year's DISapalooza Event. We will be renting out all of Diagon Alley for the enjoyment of our guests! December 05, 2015 (9:00 p.m. - midnight) Price: $75/person
- What are your favorite souvenirs from Disney? - Souvenirs can be a great way to remember a special moment you had at the parks or even just a way to bring Disney into your everyday life.
- Best Places To Take Mid-Day Breaks Within EPCOT - Combine the heat and humidity with walking, and possibly pushing strollers, and your day at the park can be down right exhausting.
- Coronado Springs Business Class, Worth it or Not? - What are the perks and are they worth it?
- Why You Should Plan To Divert From Your "Plan" - Some of the greatest experiences we had were totally unexpected and not where you'd think they'd occur.
- Innoventions West exhibits closing April 29 - This is a change from the previously announced April 30.
- Sounds Like Summer Concert Series performers and dates announced - This year's concerts will be June 7-July 25, 2015.
- Blog - Downtown Disney Construction Update
- Creating A Theme Park Adventure - Indulge me in releasing our nostalgia for what Hollywood Studios once was or was meant to be.
- The Great Reveal Debate: When to tell the kids about your Disney vacation - Do you like to surprise your kids at the last minute or let them know well in advance of the trip? We’ve done both and there are definitely advantages and disadvantages to both.
- Dockside Margaritas opening at Downtown Disney April 23 - Waterfront margarita bar, themed like a Florida fruit stand from the 1960s and serving handcrafted margaritas and authentic Florida brews.
- Walt Disney World for Teens - Walt Disney World often has a reputation of being for young kids or families and not necessarily for teens.
- Disney Springs' "World Showcase of Flavors" - As new residents of Orlando we were excited to try the new food truck area at Disney Springs.
- A Few Obscure Things That Could Ruin Your Disney Vacation
- Spending the afternoon at a hidden gem: Tom Sawyer Island
- The Whole World and Beyond - In 27 Square Miles!
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium Packages now available - Cost is $69 adults, $39 children (ages 3-9).
- it's a small world closes for rehab - The attraction will reopen later this week.
- Be Our Guest breakfast can now be pre-ordered - Pre-ordering is available from 30 days to 5 minutes prior to the reservation time.
- Menu for The BOATHOUSE at Downtown Disney - This restaurants is located on the water in the Pleasure Island area of Downtown Disney.
- Walt Disney World's Jungle Cruise closes for refurb - This Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed through May 18.
- The BOATHOUSE opens today at Downtown Disney - This upscale, waterfront restaurant is one of the newest restaurants to join the Disney Springs area.
- 4 Reasons Why Disney Should Consider Bringing Back 3 Of The Original Hotel Concepts
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Dooney & Bourke release at Downtown Disney - The Runway Princess collection and the Beach collection will be released on April 25 at Cherry Tree Lane at Marketplace Co-Op.
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive - Let's break down the numbers and compare exactly how Disney stacks up against other common vacation destinations.
- This Dad's Disney "Duh" Moments - In order to help my fellow Disney fan dads, I decided to put together a short list in hopes that you will have fewer "duh" moments on your trip.
- Sleeper Pick, Best Resort for Tots: Bay Lake Tower - When choosing which resort in Walt Disney World to stay at with young children, many parents take into consideration how "kid-friendly" the resort appears to be.
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tickets now on sale - The Party will be held select nights November 8-December 18, 2015.
- Night of Joy tickets now available - Night of Joy will be held this year on September 11-12.
- Tickets now on sale for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party will be held on select nights September 15-November 1, 2015.
- What's in your Disney park bag?
- Premium packages and VIP tour details for Star Wars Weekends - The packages offer reserved viewing for several of the weekend's events.
- Main pool reopened at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - The pool has been closed for several months for a remodel.
- Main pool at Contemporary Resort to be closed in September - The pool will be closed for maintenance September 8-10, 2015.
- Convenient dining options near the Disney World parks - Sometimes on a Walt Disney World vacation, you find yourselves looking for dining options out of the parks, but still not too far away.
- Tables in Wonderland special dining events announced - Jiko wine dinners will be held April 18 and 19.
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released