Accessing the Internet on a Disney Vacation
It's not unusual for today's vacationers to bring a laptop along for the trip. In response to this, Disney is continually updating guest computer access at the resorts.
All of the Disney resorts and theme parks have Complimentary Wireless Internet Access. In our experience, the speed isn't great and the connection often drops. Hopefully this will improve in the future.
Technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Requirements: A laptop with wireless internet capabilities.
Computer Rentals: You can rent a computer at the Disney Resort Business Centers which are located at the resorts listed in the next section. These computers can be accessed during normal Business Center Hours. The center is to be contacted for pricing/availabilty.
Additionally, laptops can be rented. These require 24 hours notice.
The Disney Cruise Line ships offer Wireless
If your laptop is wireless ready, you can bring it onboard the Disney Cruise Line and use it to surf the net and have full access to your personal files. There is a fee associated with using the onboard wireless. Click Here for more information
Charging cell phones in the parks:
- In the Magic Kingdom - USB ports and 110v outlets are located in Storybook Circus near Pete's Silly Sideshow, Space Mountain gift shop and in the Tangled restroom area. You will need your own charger.
- At any of the parks, if you have your charger, you can also leave your phone at guest relations. They will give you a Article Storage Ticket and you can pick it back up whenver you want.
- There are regular wall outlets to be found around the parks, but - Do not unplug anything or move anything to get to an outlet. Play it safe and ask a cast member if there's anywhere you can plug in.
Complimentary wi-Fi is offered at all Disney Resorts and throughout the theme parks. If you have a Wi-Fi enabled laptop or PDA, you can also access the internet from common areas at the resort. Just select the correct network, connect and accept the terms and conditions. Covered cellular carriers include AT&T, Verizon, Spring, T-Mobile and MetroPCS.
Common areas with free wifi:
Bus stops, feature pool, main lobby, porte cochere
Requirements: If needed, you may be able to purchase a Wireless Interface Card (WIC) in the resort's business center (locations at resorts listed below).
Disney World Locations:
- The Mara
- Kidani Village bus stop
- Lobby and villas at Kidani
- Main Lobby area
- Stone Harbor Club Concierge Lounge
- Stormalong Bay Pool area
- Beaches and Cream
- Cape May Cafe
- Convention Center Hallways/Common Areas
- Resort Lobby
- Main Swimming Pool Area
- Concierge Lounges
- Bellevue Lounge
- Conference Center (including lobby and porte cochere)
- Outside on The Boardwalk
- Front Desk sitting area
- 14th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Outer Rim Bar
- 1st Floor Convention Center Lobby
- 2nd Floor Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Chef Mickey's
- The Wave
- Contempo Cafe
- Bay Lake Tower - rooms, lobby and porte cochere
- Main Hotel Lobby
- Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Francisco's Lounge
- Maya Grill
- Pepper market
- Food court
- Reception Outpost Internet Cafe
- Meadows Trading Post
- Crockett's Tavern
- 1st Floor Lobby including the Tea Room
- Convention Center
- Beach Pool
- 4th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Victoria & Albert's
- 1900 Park Fare
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Gasparilla Grill & Games
- Turtle Shack
- Captain Cooks
- Kona Cafe
- Luaua Cove
- Turf Club
- High Rock Springs Pool
- Treehouse Villas
- Artist Point
- Roaring Forks
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Wilderness Lodge Villas
- Main Lobby (both resorts)
- Concierge sitting area (both resorts)
- Convention Center Lobby
- Stormalong Bay Pool
- Captain's Grille
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
Wi-Fi networks may be the fastest-growing segment of Wi-Fi service, as more and more travelers and mobile professionals look for fast and secure Internet access wherever they are while they travel. Wi-Fi networks soon will be found in urban areas providing coverage throughout cities, or they will even be available on major highways, enabling access anywhere you can pull over and stop the car.
Please note you only have true freedom to be connected anywhere if your computer is configured with a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED radio (a PC Card or similar device). Wi-Fi certification means that you will be able to connect anywhere there are other compatible Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products — whether you are at home, the office or corporate campus, or in airports, hotels, coffee shops and other public areas equipped with Wi-Fi access available.
Wi-Fi Service systems being used now in the
Boingo Wireless, Inc. is an ultra-high-speed wireless Internet service available in thousands of locations such as hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. Both directly and through major carrier and ISP partners, Boingo provides business travelers with a wireless broadband Internet connection to improve productivity while on the road. Through its Wi-Fi software and Roaming System, Boingo makes finding and connecting to Wi-Fi networks point-and-click simple and secure. More information about Boingo is available at www.boingo.com.
Trustive - Wireless Internet access provider (virtual WISP or VWISP) Wireless freedom For more info go to www.trustive.com/
Wayport is the one of the leading providers of high-speed wired and Wi-Fi (802.11b) wireless Internet access for travelers throughout an extensive network of hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. For more information on locations go to www.wayport.com/
T-Mobile Wireless Internet Access - T-Mobile Hot Spots Wireless Internet Access Service, Services T-Mobile HotSpot provides high-speed Wi-Fi wireless Internet access in convenient public locations. For locations go to www.t-mobile.com/hotspot/
hereUare Communications provides a suite of innovative services based on the internationally recognized IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi) standard and tailored to meet the unique requirements of the high-speed public wireless industry. www.hereuare.com/
STSN is one of the leading providers of secure wired and wireless broadband services to the hospitality industry. Every month, more than a quarter million business travelers rely on STSN to increase their productivity with secure, easy-to-use, high-speed connectivity options in more than 1,900 hotels and 265,000 guest rooms, including 5,000 hotel meeting rooms worldwide. www.stsn.com/hotel_locator.php
- 2016 Holiday Wishes Dessert Premium Package - The party will feature holiday-themed cupcakes and desserts, as well as reserved viewing for the parade and fireworks.
- Journey to the Northern Lights with New Frozen Book Series - Disney announced this week a new extension to the Frozen universe: Frozen Northern Lights, an original story set in the kingdom of Arendelle including a collection of books, animated shorts from LEGO and a full compilation set to air on Disney Channel this fall, and even digital extensions.
- Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare or Chef Mickey's? - If you are new to the character dining experience, I offer my opinion on two popular breakfast character dining experiences located outside of the theme parks - 1900 Park Fare and Chef Mickey's.
- Preview of Pete's Dragon coming to Disney Parks
- Slate of Pixar films set through 2020
- Updated pricing for Disney's golf courses - Resort Guest & Day Visitor Rates are per person and include greens fee, use of electric cart and pre-round practice balls.
- Why The Disney Stores Need To Make A Comeback - Regardless of the Disney Store's weird history, I am hoping now that the United States' economy is getting better, that The Walt Disney Company will beginning opening back up the stores that were closed.
- Disney Vacation Club to build at Caribbean Beach?
- FastPass+ for Pirates of the Caribbean being awarded during interactive Pirates Adventure game
- Walt Disney World reopens resort beaches and watercraft
- New menu items and Frozen-themed desserts at Epcot's Kringla Bakeri og Kafe
- Search suspended for alligator responsible for deadly attack at Disney hotel
- Epcot Is Crumbling And Disney Doesn't Seem To Care - When Walt Disney wanted to build Disney World in Orlando, Florida, Epcot was going to be the crowning jewel. After Walt Disney's death the entire concept of Epcot changed from being a futuristic city to a theme park.
- Frozen Ever After opens to long lines in the Norway Pavilion
- Refillable popcorn buckets coming to Walt Disney World
- Pull Your Dress Down, Your Jealousy is Showing: Why I Will No Longer Feel Guilty About Going to Disney - My family and I travel to Disney at least once a year, and most of the time, twice a year. When I mention that I will be off from work, I get the usual question of "Where are you going?"
- Two Walt Disney World Experts Discuss Disneyland - Based on our level of WDW knowledge, we sought to discuss Disneyland and what is different or unique about Walt's original park and the planning that goes into visiting the west coast.
- VIDEO: NEW Frozen Ever After 4K POV | Epcot - Take a ride through Arendelle with Olaf and Sven to meet-up with friends like Kristoff, Anna, Elsa, and more in Epcot's newest attraction, Frozen Ever After!
- VIDEO: NEW Anna & Elsa Royal Sommerhus Meet & Greet | Epcot - Head into Anna & Elsa's Royal Sommerhus to meet everyone's favorite Frozen characters. Take in all of the details along the way!
- Disney's Animal Kingdom expanding bus loading area
- VIDEO: Best Disneyland Attractions NOT AT Walt Disney World | Celebrating Disneyland - Join the members from the Disney World and Disneyland Editions of The DIS Unplugged as they discuss the best attractions at Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure that you won't find at Walt Disney World!
- VIDEO: NEW "Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire" Castle Stage Show | Magic Kingdom - Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire replaces Dream Along With Mickey, the long running Cinderella Castle stage show, and brings with it new Disney characters including Tiana, Naveen, Rapunzel, Flynn Ryder, Anna, Elsa and Olaf, along with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy!
- 3 Disney Dining Experiences You Should Try At Least Once - One of my favorite times in planning my trips to Disney is the day I make my dining reservations.
- The Pros and Cons of Working in Walt Disney World - List of pros and cons from a former Walt Disney World cast member.
- Walt Disney World releases 2017 packages
- Photos of the new Anna and Elsa Meet and Greet at the Norway Pavilion
- List of 2017 Disney Dining Plan Participating Restaurants - More restaurants will be added as the year goes on and we get closer to 2017. Many restaurants, particularly at Disney Springs and Epcot, are not owned and operated by Disney, so it takes longer to finalize details with them.
- 2017 Disney Dining Plan - Most Character Meals Will Be One Credit
- Epcot's Gran Fiesta Tour and La Cantina de San Angel to open early
- Walt Disney World Character Meet-And-Greet Guide: Epcot - I saved Epcot for last because it's my favourite place to meet the characters in Walt Disney World.
- Details on 2017 Disney Dining Plans at Walt Disney World
- Update on water-related activities at Walt Disney World
- Changes in character locations at the Magic Kingdom
- New experiences debut at Walt Disney World
- Updates to Magic Kingdom Smoking Areas
- Legal experts discuss possibility of lawsuit in deadly alligator attack at Disney
- 3 Big Concerns To Have About The Future Of Walt Disney World - Disney still delivers the best guest experience in the theme park industry, but in the foreseeable future they are about to have a couple of big problems that could turn the guest experience sour.
- Fence under construction at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
- Children's Pool at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort to close
- Alligator warning signs to be added on Disney resort beaches
- Walt Disney World ferry boats back in service; all other watercraft suspended
- How To Use Disney World's Fastpass+ System Effectively - Here are 10 tips that will hopefully help you and your family to use the FastPass+ system more effectively and really make it enhance your theme park experiences.
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released