Accessing the Internet on a Disney Vacation
It's not unusual for today's vacationers to bring a laptop along for the trip. In response to this, Disney is continually updating guest computer access at the resorts.
All of the Disney resorts and theme parks have Complimentary Wireless Internet Access. In our experience, the speed isn't great and the connection often drops. Hopefully this will improve in the future.
Technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Requirements: A laptop with wireless internet capabilities.
Computer Rentals: You can rent a computer at the Disney Resort Business Centers which are located at the resorts listed in the next section. These computers can be accessed during normal Business Center Hours. The center is to be contacted for pricing/availabilty.
Additionally, laptops can be rented. These require 24 hours notice.
The Disney Cruise Line ships offer Wireless
If your laptop is wireless ready, you can bring it onboard the Disney Cruise Line and use it to surf the net and have full access to your personal files. There is a fee associated with using the onboard wireless. Click Here for more information
Charging cell phones in the parks:
- In the Magic Kingdom - USB ports and 110v outlets are located in Storybook Circus near Pete's Silly Sideshow, Space Mountain gift shop and in the Tangled restroom area. You will need your own charger.
- At any of the parks, if you have your charger, you can also leave your phone at guest relations. They will give you a Article Storage Ticket and you can pick it back up whenver you want.
- There are regular wall outlets to be found around the parks, but - Do not unplug anything or move anything to get to an outlet. Play it safe and ask a cast member if there's anywhere you can plug in.
Complimentary wi-Fi is offered at all Disney Resorts and throughout the theme parks. If you have a Wi-Fi enabled laptop or PDA, you can also access the internet from common areas at the resort. Just select the correct network, connect and accept the terms and conditions. Covered cellular carriers include AT&T, Verizon, Spring, T-Mobile and MetroPCS.
Common areas with free wifi:
Bus stops, feature pool, main lobby, porte cochere
Requirements: If needed, you may be able to purchase a Wireless Interface Card (WIC) in the resort's business center (locations at resorts listed below).
Disney World Locations:
- The Mara
- Kidani Village bus stop
- Lobby and villas at Kidani
- Main Lobby area
- Stone Harbor Club Concierge Lounge
- Stormalong Bay Pool area
- Beaches and Cream
- Cape May Cafe
- Convention Center Hallways/Common Areas
- Resort Lobby
- Main Swimming Pool Area
- Concierge Lounges
- Bellevue Lounge
- Conference Center (including lobby and porte cochere)
- Outside on The Boardwalk
- Front Desk sitting area
- 14th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Outer Rim Bar
- 1st Floor Convention Center Lobby
- 2nd Floor Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Chef Mickey's
- The Wave
- Contempo Cafe
- Bay Lake Tower - rooms, lobby and porte cochere
- Main Hotel Lobby
- Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Francisco's Lounge
- Maya Grill
- Pepper market
- Food court
- Reception Outpost Internet Cafe
- Meadows Trading Post
- Crockett's Tavern
- 1st Floor Lobby including the Tea Room
- Convention Center
- Beach Pool
- 4th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Victoria & Albert's
- 1900 Park Fare
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Gasparilla Grill & Games
- Turtle Shack
- Captain Cooks
- Kona Cafe
- Luaua Cove
- Turf Club
- High Rock Springs Pool
- Treehouse Villas
- Artist Point
- Roaring Forks
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Wilderness Lodge Villas
- Main Lobby (both resorts)
- Concierge sitting area (both resorts)
- Convention Center Lobby
- Stormalong Bay Pool
- Captain's Grille
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
Wi-Fi networks may be the fastest-growing segment of Wi-Fi service, as more and more travelers and mobile professionals look for fast and secure Internet access wherever they are while they travel. Wi-Fi networks soon will be found in urban areas providing coverage throughout cities, or they will even be available on major highways, enabling access anywhere you can pull over and stop the car.
Please note you only have true freedom to be connected anywhere if your computer is configured with a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED radio (a PC Card or similar device). Wi-Fi certification means that you will be able to connect anywhere there are other compatible Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products — whether you are at home, the office or corporate campus, or in airports, hotels, coffee shops and other public areas equipped with Wi-Fi access available.
Wi-Fi Service systems being used now in the
Boingo Wireless, Inc. is an ultra-high-speed wireless Internet service available in thousands of locations such as hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. Both directly and through major carrier and ISP partners, Boingo provides business travelers with a wireless broadband Internet connection to improve productivity while on the road. Through its Wi-Fi software and Roaming System, Boingo makes finding and connecting to Wi-Fi networks point-and-click simple and secure. More information about Boingo is available at www.boingo.com.
Trustive - Wireless Internet access provider (virtual WISP or VWISP) Wireless freedom For more info go to www.trustive.com/
Wayport is the one of the leading providers of high-speed wired and Wi-Fi (802.11b) wireless Internet access for travelers throughout an extensive network of hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. For more information on locations go to www.wayport.com/
T-Mobile Wireless Internet Access - T-Mobile Hot Spots Wireless Internet Access Service, Services T-Mobile HotSpot provides high-speed Wi-Fi wireless Internet access in convenient public locations. For locations go to www.t-mobile.com/hotspot/
hereUare Communications provides a suite of innovative services based on the internationally recognized IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi) standard and tailored to meet the unique requirements of the high-speed public wireless industry. www.hereuare.com/
STSN is one of the leading providers of secure wired and wireless broadband services to the hospitality industry. Every month, more than a quarter million business travelers rely on STSN to increase their productivity with secure, easy-to-use, high-speed connectivity options in more than 1,900 hotels and 265,000 guest rooms, including 5,000 hotel meeting rooms worldwide. www.stsn.com/hotel_locator.php
- What we love about the Disney Resorts - Deluxe edition - Members from The DIS team and Dreams Unlimited Travel share their favorite things about 4 specific Disney resorts - the Contemporary Resort, Beach Club Resort, Polynesian Village and Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- Vintage Character Meet and Greets: 1990s edition - Back in the day (the 1900s!) you could find yourself meeting characters all over the parks just by your routine wanderings.
- Walt Disney World merchandise events and artist signings for May - List of artist signings and events held in the month of May around the Walt Disney World Resort.
- VIDEO: Arts & Crafts & Drinks: A Star Wars Story - Ryno and his craft padawan Steve set out to create a delicious beverage and a fun Star Wars themed craft for all. When hunger strikes, it's up to Ryno to come up with a fun themed food item as well!
- Disney Vacation Club planning Independence Day Dessert Party
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge DVC project to be named Copper Creek Cabins and Villas? - WDW News Today is reporting that the Disney Vacation Club project at Wilderness Lodge now has a name - Copper Creek Cabins and Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
- "TAG" Yourself with New Travel Accessories from Disney's Marketplace Co-Op - Thanks to the new TAG (Travel-Accessories-Gear) collection landing at the Marketplace Co-Op in Disney Springs, you can now travel in true Mickey fashion with pixie dust embellished goodies perfect for the busy traveler.
- Federal Court Rules for Disney in Lead DAS/Autism Lawsuit
- VIDEO: Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom with Ryno, Steve, and Oliver - Ryno, Steve, Oliver, and special guest Spencer try to play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. See how far they got and what they thought!
- Details on Disney's Pixar Party Pin Celebration 2016 - This event will be held August 26.
- VIDEO: Pecos Bill Lunch Date with Ryno & Steve | Magic Kingdom - Ryno & Steve are starving in Adventureland! Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe provides the sustenance and service they need to carry on with their magical day. See what they ate and what they thought about their lunch date!
- Majoring in Disney: One Student's Path To Becoming An Imagineer - Kristine Sanders is majoring in Disney at University of California, Berkeley.
- Leave the Phones Alone! Disney without the Devices. - There is a whole Disney World happening around me that I am missing out on.
- Discounted Disney After Hours tickets available for Annual Passholders and DVC members
- Disney puts out casting call for performers for new Jungle Book: Alive with Magic show
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa plans retro beach party
- VIDEO: Steve & Ryno Build Lightsabers | Hollywood Studios - Steve and Ryno set out to the now defunct Watto's Grotto to build their very own lightsabers at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Who stood on the side of light and who succumbed to the path of the dark side?
- 2016 First quarter injury report for Orlando theme parks - Walt Disney World reported seven injuries, Universal Orlando reported two, and SeaWorld reported none.
- New menu coming to Magic Kingdom's Skipper Canteen restaurant?
- Alberta Bound replacing TradNation at Epcot's Canada Pavilion
- The Evolution of a Family's Disney Vacation - I am raising my two kids in the ways of Disney.
- Discount on Cirque du Soleil tickets for Annual Passholders - Discounted ticket prices start at $59.
- Fulton's Crab House at Disney Springs to be renamed "Paddlefish"
- Late Summer Package offer at Walt Disney World - Discount available for stays most nights 8/1-11/5/16. Get a 4-night, 4-day stay at one of the All-Star Resorts with theme park tickets for a family of 4 for just $1,850!
- Kid-Sized Packages available at Walt Disney World - Get a 3-night, 2-day stay at one of the All-Star Resorts with theme park tickets for a family of 3 for just $998!
- Save up to 30% when booking a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 8/26-11/5/16.
- Free Dining Plan Offer at select Walt Disney World resorts - Book a room and ticket package for select Walt Disney World resorts and get the Disney Dining Plan for free! Discount available for stays most nights 8/23-12/21/16.
- INTERVIEW: Former Disney Imagineer Hugh Darley
- Walt Disney World releases Free Dining promotion
- Walt Disney World PhotoPass offering Zootopia Animated Magic Shot
- Three new food kiosks coming to Disney Springs' Town Center
- Disney's Blizzard Beach water slides closed due to broken water pipe
- "Kawaii: Japan's Cute Culture" exhibit in Epcot's Japan Pavilion - Kawaii means "cute" and according to one of the signs, is basically a way of life to "make everyday life in Japan just a little cuter." The kawaii culture finds a way to make everything cute, even mundane objects and places like construction sites and supermarkets.
- Using DISboards.com To Rent DVC Points - The Disney Vacation Club (DVC) is Disney's timeshare division. As with other timeshares, you become a member by purchasing a real estate interest.
- Disney releases Free Dining to U.K. residents - will it be in the U.S. soon?
- Club Villain: The Good, The Great, And The Amazing! - From the giant caramel apple (looking exactly like the ones you can buy at the Candy Cauldron) disco ball hanging from the ceiling to the chilling projections all over the walls, I knew we were in for a real treat.
- Mickey's Friendship Faire coming to Magic Kingdom in June - This replaces the "Dream Along with Mickey" show.
- SeaWorld San Diego drops lawsuit, cancels Blue World project
- Check out the preview videos from Disney's "Awaken Summer" media event! - Disney gave previews of the updated Soarin' film, Rivers of Light at Animal Kingdom, and more!
- VIDEO: Soarin' Around the World Behind the Scenes | Epcot - Take a look at some of the new locations that will be shown in the new Soarin' Around the World film, debuting at Epcot on June 17th!
- First Date Dining in Walt Disney World - You'd be surprised to find several locations across property that, despite not having the most romantic atmosphere, offer a private location to allow you and a potential romantic interest the chance to get to know one another.
- VIDEO: New Sunset Kilimanjaro Safaris Nighttime Safari | Disney's Animal Kingdom - Take a ride on the brand new Sunset Kilimanjaro Safaris nighttime safari experience which includes brand new animals and lighting in a completely different experience!
- Disney Junior's Elena of Avalor coming to the Magic Kingdom
- Epcot's Frozen Ever After attraction to open in June
- Disney reveals more details about Toy Story Land
- Soarin' Around the World opens June 17 at Epcot and California Adventure
- New entertainment coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom Memorial Day Weekend
- First Look at Rivers of Light at Disney's Animal Kingdom
- New Dooney & Bourke Handbags for Spring - Details about several upcoming releases have been released and definitely do not disappoint.
- Walt Disney World increases price for fountain and bottled drinks
- Alice Through the Looking Glass preview coming to Disney Parks
- Details released on Tables in Wonderland Sneak Preview of the 2016 Food & Wine Festival - This will be held in Epcot on June 26, 2016.
- VIDEO: Frozen Royal Sommerhus Update | Epcot - The Royal Sommerhus in Norway at Epcot is opening soon and is filled with so many details that were inspired by the country!
- Behind the Wall Sneak Peek at new Frozen Ever After attraction
- The Wishes Dessert Party Expands to the Plaza Gardens
- Circle of Life at Epcot set to reopen April 23 - The only part of the attraction that is reported to have changed is the stairwell in the theater, which needed to be brought up to ADA code. New railings and carpet are now in place. No changes were made to the projector and movie.
- Top Tips for Registering for a runDisney Race - Many people do not realize that the actual act of registering for the race is an endurance event itself and these races have been known to sell out within minutes!
- Epcot's Tutto Italia to offer prix fixe lunch
- Reports of low attendance at "Disney After Hours" event at Magic Kingdom
- VIDEO: Steve and Craig play Disney Parks Heads Up! Round 1 - Looking for something fun to do to pass the time in a really long line? Download the popular game, Heads Up!, and test your friends and family with the free Disney Parks expansion deck when you're at Disneyland, Walt Disney World or Aulani.
- Tickets now on sale for Prince Harry's Invictus Games - The games will take place May 8-12, 2016.
- Disney's Animal Kingdom to celebrate Earth Day with a Party for the Planet
- Busch Gardens Tampa: Why Not? - Busch Gardens Tampa offers a multitude of different rollercoasters, animal encounters, and experiences that prove this theme park is up to par with any other attraction in Central Florida.
- Social media helps reunite lost Disney lanyard with autistic owner
- Slush Gusher and Summit Plummet closed at Blizzard Beach until 4/23/16 - These attractions will be closed until 4/23/2016 for maintenance.
- Current Obsession: Clutter-Free Disney Souvenirs - As a fan of low clutter, I choose carefully when I want to add an actual object as a reminder of my most recent visit to a Park.
- Walt Disney World and Disneyland break ground on Star Wars lands
- Now It's Time To Say Goodbye: Saying Goodbye To A Disney Park
- Walt Disney World Free Dining Promotion coming soon?
- Disney Springs' Town Center will begin opening May 15 - Locations at the Town Center will begin opening May 15. The majority of these venues will be open by July 1.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale, transportation info available - This year's event will take place September 9 - 10, 2016.
- Walt Disney World Character Meet-and-Greet Guide: Disney's Animal Kingdom - When guests think of Disney's Animal Kingdom, their minds might not immediately go to character meet-and-greets. With that being said, there are some incredible characters that would love to meet your family.
- FamilyFun Magazine honors Orlando and Disney's Port Orleans Resort
- Does food taste better on the Disney Dining Plan? - From my personal Disney vacations, I can enjoy my dining experience so much more when the price of the meal is never a consideration.
- Changes in FastPass+ system now official
- Disney announces plans for D23 Destination D event
- Compare a Disney Trip to Sporting Events and Feel Better - I can show you a Disney vacation compared to sporting events using published data.
- Tables in Wonderland planning Food & Wine Festival Sneak Preview event - This buffet lunch will take place on June 26.
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter opens new aquatic play area - This new play area is located next to the Doubloon Lagoon pool and features child-size water slides, water cannons, and fountains.
- Ample Hills Creamery to open at Disney's Boardwalk - Ample Hills Creamery will be located on the Boardwalk's promenade, giving guests the ability to peek in the windows and watch the process.
- 'Just Keep Swimming' with the Finding Dory Collection from Trina Turk - Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media has collaborated, for the first time, with Golden State designer Trina Turk to bring fans the Finding Dory Collection.
- Tickets now on sale for "Disney After Hours" events - This event will cost $149 (plus tax) for all ages.
- Dates announced for Disney Early Morning Magic - Currently, this event will be held in April, May, and June.
- Top Tips & Tricks To Get The Most From The Disney Dining Plan For Your Family! - Here are my Top Tips & Tricks when using any of the dining plans that will help you and your family to get the most from it and hopefully still make it the better option than paying out of pocket for your meals.
- Four Unique Merchandise Locations at Walt Disney World - Next time you are visiting, stop into one of these stores to truly find something special to remember your vacation.
- Confirmed: "Disney Early Morning Magic" at the Magic Kingdom - A new "Disney Early Morning Magic" package will feature breakfast and access to three rides before the Magic Kingdom opens to the general public.
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released