To remain exempt from major inspection, Central Florida theme parks must list all of their quarterly incidents and injuries with the state. This quarter’s report (January – March, 2018) covers a total of 6 incidents/injuries: 3 belonging to Disney, 2 to Universal, and 1 to SeaWorld. No injuries were reported for Busch Gardens or Legoland. Only incidents or illnesses resulting in a hospital stay of 24 hours or more and deaths are reported.
Walt Disney World
- January 17th: Male, 71 – Guest experienced chest pain after riding Kilimanjaro Safaris.
- March 24th: Male, 41 – Guest felt ill after riding Avatar Flight of Passage, previously existing condition.
- January 14th: Male, 69 – Guest experienced chest pain during The Seas with Nemo and Friends, previously existing condition.
- March 17th: Female, 7 – Guest experienced motion sickness during Despicable Me Minion Mayhem.
- January 6th: Female, 52 – Guests experienced dizziness and weakness during Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
- February 23rd: Female, 51 – Ankle pain after riding Manta roller coaster.