Increasing negative press has been surrounding the Disney parks community. Everywhere we look we see people putting down the Disney parks, creating an image of the Disney parks as if they had lost their magic.
It is important for Disney parks news sources to be honest with the Disney community, and that means when something is bad they are going to be truthful and give you the honest news. For me, writing these articles I find that I have to be more critical of the parks than I ever had to before because I want to shed a light on things I think Disney can fix or improve. With this said, I find that the negative news surrounding the Disney parks community isn’t a fair representation of what the Disney parks really are. I felt like it was time for me to try to balance out some of this negativity.
It is time to remind everyone why we still love Disney parks. So here are 10 reasons why the Disney parks still make us smile:
1) Looking down Main Street U.S.A. still gives me goose bumps every time.
2) It is still the best place in the world to spend time with your family.
3) Churros, Dole Whips, Mickey Ice Cream Bars, Turkey Legs…enough said!
5) Disneyland still keeps Walt Disney’s spirit alive.
6) Spotting a lion on Kilimanjaro Safari is an exhilarating experience.
7) Hugging Mickey can make even rainy days magical!
8) The combination of nerves and excitement before getting on the Tower of Terror is incredible.
9) The smell of Rome burning in Spaceship Earth is still nostalgic.
10) Nothing is more comfortable than a Disney resort room after a long day in the parks.
For all these reasons and so many more the Disney parks are still an amazing experience. It is easy to remind people of what Disney does wrong, but I think it’s important to remember every day what they do right. Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Disney parks around the world are still without a doubt the best places to create memories with your friends and family.
When the Disney parks need to be improved I think it’s important that news sources point out and criticize Disney, but I think we all needed this as a reminder as to why we love the Disney parks so much.
Stephen "Steve" Porter started going to the parks with his family in 1996. Since then he hasn't looked back! Steve was a cast member participating in the Disney College Program in 2013. Most recently he graduated from Penn State University!