Walt Disney World Recreation Activities
Walt Disney World is more a theme park - it's a veritable playground, with something to appeal to everyone. For those looking for a more active vacation, there are plenty of options available too. Guests can take a dip in one of the many pools dotted around the resort, or enjoy a round of golf on one of the world-class courses. There are also a number of trails available for hiking and biking, and horseback riding is also an option.
These specialty cruises feature premium viewing of the EPCOT or Magic Kingdom Fireworks.
- January: Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend
- February: Disney's Princess Half Marathon
- March: Springtime Surprise Weekend
- November: Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon
Disney's Fort Wilderness Marina, Disney’s Port Orleans, Yacht/Beach Club, Disney's Boardwalk, Disney Springs Marketplace
Carriage rides, Hayrides, Horseback Riding, Halloween Haunted Carriage Ride, Holiday Sleigh Ride
Sports – ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Disney Fitness Centers – Many of Disney’s Resorts have a fitness center. Guests staying at these resorts can use the facility without an additional fee being applied.
Jogging Trails – Many of the resorts have dedicated trails for jogging, biking and walking. Take a look at the maps of specific Disney Resorts to see where they're located.
Disney Golf Courses – Walt Disney World Resort has 4 outstanding championship golf courses (3 are on the PGA Tour) and a par-36 practice course, and the opportunity to try FootGolf at Disney’s Oak Trail FootGolf course.
- Miniature Golf Courses – Includes Fantasia Gardens and Winter Summerland.
Archery Experience – Take aim at the Bullseye at this Ft. Wilderness activity. Following instructions in the use of a compound bow, you'll take aim at the bullseye in the range target. The Archery Experience can be booked by calling (407) WDW-PLAY. Upon arrival you check in at the Ft. Wilderness Bike Barn.
Surfing Lessons – Instruction is provided by Craig Carroll's Cocoa Beach Surfing School. Class sizes are limited to 14 guests ages 8 and up.
Tennis Lessons – Clinics and private instruction at Walt Disney World Resort can be reserved by calling (321) 228-1146. Lessons are provided by Orlando Tennis Services, LLC and are available at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Bay Lake Tower, Saratoga Springs, and the Yacht & Beach Clubs. Equipment is provided.
Parasailing/Water Skiing – Parasailing, Waterskiing, Wakeboarding, Jet Skiing, and Tubing activities are offered at select marinas around Walt Disney World including Disney's Contemporary Resort and Disney's Grand Floridian Resort Marinas. Guests looking to add recreation activities to their Walt Disney World vacation should call their Resort's front desk or (407) WDW-PLAY for information about watercraft rentals, surfing programs, fishing excursions, and more.
Resort Marina Boat Rentals – The follwoing resorts allow guests to rent Sea Raycers, Boston Whaler Montauks, and SunTracker pontoon boats at their resort marinas. Call (407) WDW-PLAY for pricing.
- CFO Christine McCarthy Could Potentially Become Disney's First Female CEO
- DCL Updates Flexible Refund Policy In Light of More COVID Cases Emerging
- New Popcorn Bucket Available at Disney Springs
- New Food Coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney is Being Sued Over Disney Genie and Genie Plus
- Five Ways to Find Humor at Walt Disney World
- SVP of Communications at Disney Media & Entertainment Steps Down
- New Indian-Inspired Disney Princess Animated Musical In the Works
- Top 5 Most Relaxing Lunch Spots at Disney World
- 5 Disney Attraction Soundtracks We Love
- American Airlines & Gary Sinise Foundation Fly Military Family Members to WDW
- All You Need to Know About the Gingerbread House at Disney's Grand Floridian
- New Details Revealed for Disney Cruise Line's Pixar Day at Sea
- Man Reportedly Jumps to Death From Disneyland Parking Structure
- Monday Merch: Bambi, Mickey Mouse Jungle Cruise, Aristocats & More!
- View More...