EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival
MARCH 1 - JULY 5, 2023
One of the most welcome signs of spring is EPCOT's annual International Flower & Garden Festival. While the grounds at EPCOT are always beautiful, the Flower and Garden Festival takes them to the next level and everywhere you look is bursting with colorful blooms. Take in the sights and sounds of the festival with a bouquet of spirited entertainment options. A plethora of Disney character topiaries, including classic-character favorites Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and many others, play a starring role each year in the festival. Belle is typically featured in the France pavilion along with Beast, you'll find Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in Germany, and Anna and Elsa can be found in the Norway pavilion.
- Book a trip to Walt Disney World for the Flower & Garden Festival! Experience the wonder and magic of a Walt Disney World vacation with the help of a Dreams Unlimited Travel Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. Our agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Plus, we continuously monitor for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible on your dream vacation. Request a no-obligation vacation quote today and let us help you create unforgettable memories.
In 2023, new topiaries from Encanto are featured as well as the addition of Princess Tiana!
Flower & Garden Articles
Perennial Flower and Garden favorites such as the English Tea Garden, Butterfly Garden, and special kids' activities can be seen at the festival as well. Illuminated topiary and play gardens light up at night for a different festival experience.
Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration family scavenger hunt activity is returning in 2023. Explore the Festival and keep an eye out for Spike as he pollinates Epcot’s gardens. In each garden, you’ll need to search for the plant Spike has pollinated, identifiable by Spike himself and a Spike’s Pollen Nation Exploration plant stake. Once you find him, add the corresponding sticker to your map. Once your map is full of stickers, your journey is complete and you can return your map to Disney Traders or World Traveler for a special surprise. Maps and stickers for Spike’s Pollen Nation Exploration will be available for sale at select merchandise locations for $9.99 plus tax. Guests can commemorate their scavenger hunt experience with select merchandise offerings featuring everyone’s favorite honey bee, Spike.
Don't forget to pick up one of the special gift cards that are created for this event too! They're tiny and are attached to a bracelet made out of what looks like an old telephone cord.
Flower & Garden Festival Topiaries
Making their debut this year, topiaries of Mirabel, Antonio, Isabela and Luisa from Disney Animation’s Academy Award-winning “Encanto” greet guests in the main entrance of EPCOT. Each imaginative topiary features details inspired by each character, including Isabela creating beautiful flowers between her hands and an illuminated butterfly for Mirabel.
A new topiary of Princess Tiana from the Walt Disney Animation Studios classic “The Princess and the Frog” graces The American Adventure in World Showcase featuring a stunning ballgown and illuminated fireflies. In the France pavilion, Lumiere and Cogsworth topiaries return with innovative new elements, including lit candles for Lumiere and a working clock for Cogsworth.
More than 200,000 bedding plants are added to the gardens of EPCOT for the festival, including an additional 60,000 bedding plants that create the iconic floral designs that make up the World Celebration East & West Lakes. The Dragon topiary, located in the Japan pavilion, is composed of sun-loving succulent plants, adding bursts of colors to the nearly 20-foot-long display.
Because this year’s festival will be celebrated across two seasons, plant displays will also evolve with the weather, making for true seasonal beauty and detail. Guests visiting during both spring and summer months may see new selections as the season changes.
All of the incredible topiaries have been cultivated with care by Disney horticulturists. Look below to see where to find the 2023 displays.
- Encanto, Including Mirabel, Antonio, Isabela and Luisa – – Main Entrance
- Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Chip, Dale and Pluto – Bridge to World Showcase and World Celebration
- Woody, Bo Peep and Her Sheep – World Nature Near The Land Pavilion
- Goofy – World Showcase
- Tiana – – The American Adventure Pavilion
- Buzz Lightyear – World Discovery Near Mission: SPACE
- Donald and Daisy – Community Garden Near Connections Café in World Celebration
- Figment – Near Imagination!
- The Three Caballeros (Jose, Donald and Panchito) – Mexico Pavilion
- Anna and Elsa – Norway Pavilion
- Troll – Norway Pavilion
- Dragon – Japan Pavilion Near Torii Gate
- Pandas – China Pavilion
- Simba and Friends (Rafiki, Simba, Mufasa and Sarabi) – Between Imagination! and The Land Pavilion
- Pumbaa and Timon – Between Imagination! and The Land Pavilion
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs – Germany Pavilion
- Lady and the Tramp – Italy Pavilion
- Beauty and the Beast – France Pavilion
- Lumiere and Cogsworth – France Pavilion
- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy – Between France and Morocco Pavilions
- Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Tick Tock Croc – Between United Kingdom and Canada Pavilions
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends (Rabbit, Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger) – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Tinker Bell’s Fairy House Garden – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Bambi and Friends – Near Imagination! and Refreshment Port
- Geese – Canada Pavilion
- Butterflies – Main Entrance, Scentsy Garden, Butterfly House and World Showcase
Global Garden Destinations
Weave through dazzling flowerbeds, stumble upon exotic gardens, learn more about sustainable foods and celebrate the ways we can live in harmony with the natural world. 2023 highlights include:
- Bamboo Garden – China Pavilion
Visit this garden to see bamboo in a variety of colors, patterns and sizes.
- Blossoms of Fragrance Presented by Scentsy – World Showcase Bridge
Follow your nose and form lasting memories with the help of fresh, unforgettable fragrances.
- Bold Bromeliads – The Land Pavilion
Observe a variety of unique and colorful plants that can adapt to a wide range of climates and conditions.
- Bonsai Collection – Japan Pavilion
Learn about the art of bonsai, some of the finest living sculptures. Bonsai masters carefully shape and tend these miniature works of art, creating peace and balance with the earth.
- Bouquet Garden – France Pavilion
See bountiful blooms perfect for a bouquet of cut flowers.
- Butterfly Landing Presented by AdventHealth – World Nature Near Imagination!
View a kaleidoscope of butterflies up close, in all their extraordinary color. Learn about butterfly lifecycles and maybe even see one emerge from its chrysalis. Closes at dusk.
- China Zodiac Garden – China Pavilion
Realize your finer attributes in this garden inspired by the 12 creatures of the Chinese zodiac.
- The Community Garden – World Celebration –
Connect with the earth and each other at this celebration of a diverse and thriving communal garden plot.
- Connections Conservatory Garden – Connections Eatery
Settle into this thoughtful garden full of floral inspirations for your indoor spaces.
- Desert Garden – Mexico Pavilion
Discover the special adaptations that allow plants in arid climates to adjust to the harshest of growing conditions.
- English Tea Garden Presented by Twinings® – United Kingdom Pavilion
Unearth the history and art of tea-blending at this elegant English tea garden––featuring plants used in some of Twinings’ finest blends.
- Family-Friendly Garden Presented by OFF!
Explore a camp-themed garden where little ones are invited to jump, play and climb.
- Festival Blooms – World Celebration
Admire thousands of flowers that form colorful, living panoramas.
- Floating Gardens – World Nature
Peer upon more than 150 petite plots drifting on the ponds that border the bridge to World Showcase.
- Garden Italiano – Italy Pavilion
From fresh spaghetti sauce to pizza toppings, this Tuscan kitchen garden features all the produce and herbs needed to create a classic Italian feast.
- The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board® – Rosewalk Near Imagination!
Learn about honeybees’ critical role in the environment, and delight in sweet and savory treats made possible by their hard work.
- Kokedema Garden – Japan Pavilion
Admire fresh expressions of an ancient Japanese art at this tranquil garden.
- Miniature Garden – Germany Pavilion
Appreciate the little things in this showcase of diminutive dwellings nestled in a forest of fine shrubs.
- Prehistoric Garden – World Discovery Near Mission: SPACE
Imagine life on Earth 65 million years ago with astounding plant life that’s thrived since the age of the dinosaurs.
- Shakespeare Garden – United Kingdom Pavilion
Explore the works of Shakespeare in this idyllic garden featuring excerpts from some of the bard’s most famous sonnets—and the dazzling flowers that influenced them.
- Shishi-odoshi – Japan Pavilion –
Contemplate the methodical movement and soothing rhythm of this traditional Japanese bamboo water fountain.
- Spice Garden – Morocco Pavilion
Discover how Eastern cultures flourished, trading signature spices and herb blends once considered more valuable than gold.
- Songbird Meadow Presented by Wild Birds Unlimited® – World Discovery Songbirds are an important part of many ecosystems—including the one in your own backyard! Discover simple steps you can take at home to help these feathered friends thrive.
- Topiary Heritage Garden – United Kingdom Pavilion
Marvel at the varied techniques employed by the Walt Disney World Horticulture team to create the festival’s topiaries.
- Tropical Rainforest Garden – Mexico Pavilion
Uncover the rich biodiversity of the Mexican rainforest and learn about its highly adaptive species.
The popular Garden Rocks Concert Series is returning to the EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival in 2023!
Internationally recognized artists will perform on the America Gardens Theater stage Friday-Monday, while local Orlando bands will step into the spotlight Tuesday-Thursday.
Guests can look forward to returning favorites like Daughtry, Smash Mouth, and the Plain White T’s while new to the Festival acts such as Blue Oyster Cult, Luis Figueroa, and Casting Crowns will make sure that there is a little something for everyone to get their rock ‘n roll on. The full schedule is listed in the chart below.
Garden Rocks concerts take place daily at 5:30 pm, 6:45 pm and 8:00 pm.
The 2023 schedule is displayed in the chart below.
|March 3-4 – Journey former lead vocalist STEVE AUGERI
||April 28-29 – Ambrosia with Peter Beckett, The Voice Of Player
|March 5-6 – Daughtry
||April 30, May 1 – Kool and the Gang
|March 10-11 – Tommy DeCarlo
||May 5-8 – Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone
|March 12-13 – Smash Mouth
||May 12-15 – The Orchestra starring former members of ELO
|March 17-18 – Mike DelGuidice
||May 19-20 – A.J. Croce: Croce Plays Croce – NEW to Garden Rocks
|March 19-20 – Blue Oyster Cult – NEW to Garden Rocks
||May 21-22 – Casting Crowns – NEW to Garden Rocks
|March 24-25 – Berlin
||May 26-27 – Jason Scheff, longtime lead singer of Chicago – NEW
|March 26-27 – The Pointer Sisters
||May 28-29 – Rick Springfield
|March 31 – Luis Figueroa – NEW to Garden Rocks
||June 2-5 – Plain White T’s
|April 1-2 – Piso 21 – NEW
||June 9-10 – The Spinners
|April 3 – TBD
||June 11-12 – The Commodores
|April 7-8 – STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas
||June 16-17 – Vertical Horizon
|April 9-10 – Don Felder, formerly of the Eagles
||June 18-19 – Tony Orlando
|April 16-17 – Switchfoot – NEW to Garden Rocks
||June 23-26 – Simple Plan
|April 21-22 – A Flock of Seagulls
||June 30, July 1 – Living Colour
|April 23-24 – Jo Dee Messina
||July 2-3 – Wang Chung
Reservations for the Garden Rocks Dining Package are open now and can be made at FreshEPCOT.com.
Dining packages include:
- A meal at a participating restaurant
- Spice Road Table: Includes 2 small plates, a shared dessert platter and a nonalcoholic beverage
- All Other Participating Restaurants: Includes an appetizer, entrée and dessert or one (1) full buffet/family-style meal (where applicable), as well as a nonalcoholic beverage
- One (1) guaranteed seat per person to one Garden Rocks concert on the same day
Participating restaurants listed in the chart below.
(ages 10 and up)
|Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
|Coral Reef Restaurant
|Garden Grill Restaurant
|Le Cellier Steakhouse
|Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue
|Rose & Crown Dining Room
|Spice Road Table
Special Festival Merchandise
Guests can find new 2023 Festival merchandise in the Festival Shops and pop-up Markets throughout EPCOT.
- Orange Bird Collection: Spread the sunshine with groovy Orange Bird keepsakes, including 70s-inspired apparel, accessories, garden décor and more.
- Snow White Collection: Discover cheerful merchandise that celebrates Snow White’s favorite flowers and forest friends.
- Figment Collection: Grow your imagination in Figment’s cactus garden—showcased in this assortment of fresh fashions, collectibles and more.
- Annual Passholder Collection: Find Passholder-exclusive Festival treasures featuring Figment, Orange Bird and Snow White. This extensive collection includes apparel, toys, drinkware, garden stakes, trading pins, PANDORA® jewelry and Dooney & Bourke handbags.
Merchandise is available while supplies last.