I tend to spend a bit more time cooking on a Sunday when the kids aren’t madly being chauffeured between sporting and social engagements, so I went looking through Disney recipes for something to make for dinner tonight. What I decided on had me really excited; the signature Empress Lilly Au Gratin Potatoes from the Delicious Disney cookbook. Who’s hungry?
EMPRESS LILLY AU GRATIN POTATOES
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated onion, optional
- 3 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake potatoes 50 to 60 minutes, or until soft enough to pierce with a fork. Refrigerate to cool, then peel and coarsely grate.
- Bring half and half almost to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add salt, pepper, celery salt, and onion. Mix in grated potatoes.
- Reduce oven heat to 350°F. Spoon potatoes into buttered 1-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until browned and bubbly.
Note: Always use caution when handling sharp objects. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
Delicious Disney: Recipes & Stories from the Most Magical Place on Earth will be available exclusively at shopDisney.com and Walt Disney World.
I will be working on this one later tonight. If you do too, let me know how it turns out!
Zoë Wood is a travel writer from Sydney, Australia. Since her first visit to Disneyland at the age of 6, she has spent her years frequently visiting Disney Parks and traveling around the world.
Join Zoë as she lets you in on all the tips, tricks, anecdotes, and embarrassments that arise from her family adventures.