If you have given up on buying physical copies of your favorite movies then you probably know that “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” came out on Digital HD this past Friday, March 24th. If you are like me and you have to have the actual box, disc, and slipcover in your hands to really enjoy it then you have to wait less than a week to pick it up on Tuesday, April 4th! Of course the movie was good enough on its own to justify a purchase, but I’m more interested in the bonus features that will be apart of the Blu-ray Combo Pack release. Here’s a list of the extras:
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars universe.
Personally, I’m most excited to sit down and watch “A Rogue Idea,” “The Princess & The Governor,” and “Rogue Connections,” but all of the extras look to be very interesting. Yes, it is a shame that we don’t get any deleted scenes this time around, but who know what we will see in a future release. Regardless, I know what I’ll be doing the night of April 4th.