Did World Princess Week at Disney get you in the mood for some family movie action? Me too! I’ve already settled on one of my favorites for this week, Tangled, but if you are still trying to decide what to enjoy for Family Movie Night, here is a little bit of help. Did you know that Disney’s official Princess website lists thirteen royal ladies? Contrary to popular belief, there is one more than the commonly thought twelve Disney Princesses. Here is the official list of the Princesses from Disney, along with their original movies you can see them in.
- Snow White – Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs (1937)
- Cinderella – Cinderella (1950)
- Aurora – Sleeping Beauty (1959)
- Ariel – The Little Mermaid (1989)
- Belle – Beauty and the Beast (1991)
- Jasmine – Aladdin (1992)
- Pocahontas – Pocahontas (1995)
- Mulan – Mulan (1998)
- Tiana – The Princess and the Frog (2009)
- Rapunzel – Tangled (2010)
- Merida – Brave (2012)
- Moana – Moana (2016)
- Raya – Raya and the Last Dragon (2021)
Even though I am assuming she isn’t on the list because she is a Queen, not a Princess, I’m adding Elsa – Frozen (2013) to the list as well, for good measure. Which movie will you be watching this weekend? Stay with us later in the day for some Princess-inspired snacks to accompany your royal film.
Zoë Wood is a travel writer from Sydney, Australia. Since her first visit to Disneyland at the age of 6, she has spent her years frequently visiting Disney Parks and traveling around the world.
Join Zoë as she lets you in on all the tips, tricks, anecdotes, and embarrassments that arise from her family adventures.