Fans of theme park and entertainment legend, Walt Disney, can look forward to a new documentary that takes you back in time 100 years to where it all began for the Disney brothers. Don Hahn’s new Westward Walt is having a D23 virtual premiere on December 5th, and Gold Members can register for a complimentary ticket for the event. Here are all the details you will need to know:
Westward Walt (2023) is a new documentary from Hahn that chronicles the incredible events that led Walt to open a Hollywood animation studio with his brother, Roy, 100 years ago. The film is narrated by Walt and Roy, who tell their own story through archival interviews and never-before-seen photography and film footage.
Additionally, D23 Members can purchase up to two tickets per membership for an in-person celebration of the film at The Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco, CA here. This is a special offer for D23 Members that is otherwise reserved only for members of the museum, and is only available for the screening of Westward Walt on December 5, 2023. Tickets are offered on a first-come, first-served basis and registration is required to attend. Children 5 and under are free. The Walt Disney Family Museum event is not a D23 event.
- This is a virtual event.
- D23 Gold Members must have internet access to experience this event.
- An email will be sent closer to the event date with details for accessing the virtual event.
- The event will begin at 3:00 p.m. PT.
- You may log in starting at 2:45pm PT to get set up for the screening, which will begin promptly at 3pm PT.
- D23 Gold Members may reserve a ticket for themselves.
- There are a limited number of tickets available.
- D23 Members must log in by using their D23.com Member account information when reserving tickets.
Zoë Wood is a travel writer from Sydney, Australia. Since her first visit to Disneyland at the age of 6, she has spent her years frequently visiting Disney Parks and traveling around the world.
Join Zoë as she lets you in on all the tips, tricks, anecdotes, and embarrassments that arise from her family adventures.