D23: The Official Disney Fan Club has released more information and the complete schedule for November’s sold out event, Destination D: Mickey Mouse. The event is being held November 17th and 18th at Disney’s Contemporary Resort Convention Center.
New presentations that have just been added include appearances by Disney Parks Chairman Bob Chapek and Imagineers Kevin Rafferty and Charita Carter.
Check-in starts on Friday and includes some shopping opportunities at the Mickey’s of Glendale pop-up shop, plus a sneak peek at the Walt Disney Archives Exhibit, Mickey’s Magical Kingdoms.
Saturday’s presentations are:
- “…it was all started by a mouse” with Bob Chapek | Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Chairman Bob Chapek pays tribute to everyone’s favorite mouse, and shares some exciting updates from our resorts around the world.
- A Mouse in Shorts: Animating Mickey Through the Years | From Steamboat Willie to Get a Horse!, Mickey’s epic film career has taken him on a journey that has endeared him to fans around the world. Join Legendary Film Producer Don Hahn, Master Disney Animator Mark Henn, and Animation Legend John Pomeroy as they look back at the animators who defined Mickey’s career, and peek behind the scenes of some of his most famous roles.
- Weird Disney: The Early Mickey Years | Fan-favorite “Weird Disney” returns with an all-new show, as Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline reveals some of the wildest and wackiest Mickey moments, merchandise, and more! Included is a deep dive into Mickey’s past, featuring some of the most unique appearances, depictions, and pop-culture influences of our favorite mouse during Mickey’s runaway success in the 1930s.
- Animation Academy | Learn how to draw Mickey Mouse with Master Disney Animator Mark Henn!
- Voices of the “Fab 3” | Join Voice Actors Bret Iwan and Bill Farmer for a look back at the voices of Mickey, Goofy, and Pluto through the years, and learn what it’s like to voice some of the world’s most iconic characters!
- Archiving the ShowMouse of the World | Join Disney Archivists Kevin Kern and Mike Buckhoff as they help chronicle Mickey’s vast career by showcasing some of the unique and rare materials related to everyone’s favorite mouse, preserved in the Walt Disney Archives.
- Collecting Mickey, the True Original | From the first Mickey Mouse wristwatch to the fashion collaborations of today, Mickey has always been in style. Disney Master Artist Dave Pacheco and Disney Consumer Products Chief Librarian Libby Spatz wind the (Mickey Mouse) clock back to take a look at the toys, collectibles, and products that defined the mouse—and what his future has in store!
- Mickey at the Movies | Legendary Producer Don Hahn pays tribute to the cinematic legacy of Disney’s most iconic character, and shares rare clips of many of his biggest—and lesser known—movie moments!
- Special Evening Presentation | An Evening of Music with Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman
In celebration of Disney’s all-new original musical and sequel, Mary Poppins Returns, join the award-winning songwriting team from film, television and theater, Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman. They will present a special behind-the-scenes experience and discuss how they created the original music and songs for the movie, including a live performance by Marc Shaiman.
The event continues on Sunday with these presentations:
- Mickey’s Lost Adventures: Uncovering the Magic of Disney Storytelling | Chronicling some of the lesser-known and “lost” adventures of everyone’s favorite mouse, Disney historians will guide guests through an exploration of rarely seen and unusual Mickey projects—including a few that never jumped off the page!
- Inside Mickey’s True Original Exhibition | A behind the scenes look at the making of Mickey: The True Original Exhibition (MTO) with Becky Cline (Director, Walt Disney Archives) and Darren Romanelli (Creative Director + Designer, MTO). Mickey: The True Original Exhibition is a three-month-long immersive art experience open in New York City from November 8, 2018–February 10, 2019. This panel is your chance to peek behind the curtain to the making of a unique exhibition, including historical archives and new work by contemporary artists!
- Totally Minnie | Celebrate 90 years of Mickey’s leading lady—as a fashion icon, movie star, merchandising maven, and goodwill ambassador at Disney Parks and Resorts around the world.
- Mickey and Pals at the Disney Parks | Join Alex Wright, Wyatt Winter, and Jason Grandt of Walt Disney Imagineering as they look at the attractions and experiences that Mickey and his pals have been a part of at Disney Parks around the globe.
- Animation Academy | Learn how to draw a Disney character with Legendary Animator John Pomeroy!
- Catching Up with Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway | Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019, the first ride-through Mickey Mouse attraction, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, will push the limits of immersion for the Disney experience. Join members of the Walt Disney Imagineering creative team, including Kevin Rafferty and Charita Carter, for a sneak peek of the zany twists and turns of this upcoming groundbreaking attraction!
The evening concludes with Mickey’s PJ Party, where guests are encouraged to stop by in their favorite Mickey Mouse pajamas, enjoy some treats, and take photos with Mickey and his pals.