There has been quite a bit of buzz online about a secret Disney project that would be announced and in tonight’s media preview of the D23 Expo, Disney has shared a few details.
The project is entitled, ‘One Day at Disney’ and it will feature an inside look at Cast Members around the world, a documentary if you will. The 52-episode short-form series will air on Disney+ when the streaming service starts on December 3, 2019, and it will also be available in a colorful 224-page hardcover coffee table book which is available for preorder now.
The feature-length documentary will not only highlight GMA’s Robin Roberts but will also feature the likes of:
- Walt Disney Imagineer Eric Baker, who helped bring Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to life
- WDI’s Ashley Girdich, a Research and Development Project Manager in the world of robotics technology
- Legendary animator Eric Goldberg (Aladdin, Pocahontas, the Academy Award®-nominated Get a Horse!)
- Disneyland Railroad cast member Mark Gonzales
- Disney Worldwide Publishing’s senior illustration manager Grace Lee
- South African actor Zamavus “Zama” Magudulela, currently portraying Rafiki in the Madrid production of Disney on Broadway’s The Lion King
- Marvel Studios’ head of visual development Ryan Meinerding (Avengers: Endgame, Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Walt Disney World resort veterinarian Dr. Natalie Mylniczenko
- Pixar artist and sculptor Jerome Ranft
Take a peek at the trailer below: