With everything that’s new, especially things that are technologically complicated, there are growing pains and problems need to be ironed out. Disney+, however, seems to have more than its fair share of issues and, according to multiple posts on social media, some of those are not being addressed in a timely manner.
Let me preface this by sharing a quote from @DisneyPlusHelp, the official customer service account for the new service. The post was from November 12th, which was the day Disney+ debuted. While the account has replied to other people’s posts, there have not been any new stand-alone posts since then.
If you are looking to get in touch, please note that due to the overwhelming response to Disney+, wait time may be high for customer service. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Subscribers, however, are losing their patience with the lack of response from customer service.
Here’s a small Twitter sample from just the last day or so:
Make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel before 1/31/2020 and receive incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise and an exclusive gift*! *Restrictions apply
More Info | Get a Quote
- @ChristinaKorma3 – @DisneyPlusHelp spent 3 hours waiting for help to be told I need to contact Verizonthe agent ending my chat before I was able to respond.. EXTREMELY TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
Contacted Verizon to be told issue is on Disney side.. pass this on to your customer service agents.
- @OnlyAzN -Been on hold with Disney+ Customer Service for 2 hours…
After already waiting 1 hour on their chat service..
- @jaime_76 – After a one hour fifteen minute call to Disney+ customer service, I got my issue escalated and will have an email within 24-48 hours asking me to try again.
- @souitener – i haven’t been able to access disney+ for 2 days because it keeps telling me to contact customer service… i looked it up and people are staying on hold for 5+ hours waiting for the issue to be resolved umm are they about to charge me for something i can’t use
- @rickgiriamax – Disney+ is a ripoff!!! Customer service never answers and if they do they hang up on you… I can’t even log into my account unless I contact them and can’t even cancel my account without logging in!!!! @disneyplus
- @JFDjinn313 – Good news everyone! I got through to Disney+ customer service and got help. And it only took 2 hrs and 15 minutes to do so.
- @rosermamadvc – Day 5 still no @disneyplus spoke w/ someone after 2hr on hold on day 3, they said they escalated my issue and someone would get back to me…I am losing all hope Disney Plus has embraced Disney level customer service. Why can’t I access my subscription? Why don’t they care?
- @blueberrybear – Day five of zero customer service on #DisneyPlusfail #disneyplus my son has spent 5-10 a day waiting for help! @Disney
There were also some posts this week on disboards.com from subscribers having trouble. Check out these threads:
- Error Code 14
- Every time we try to sign into Disney+ we get this incorrect password error. So we change our password and it logs us in. But when we close the app it logs us out. We go to sign in with the password we just made and we get this error again. Anyone else having this problem. TIA
- Still can’t log into Disney+
- Hope everyone else is enjoying Disney+
Anyone else still having log on troubles and/or how long have you waited for help on the phone or live chat. We’ve waited over 3 hours for live chat and never got connected. On hold now.
- Hope everyone else is enjoying Disney+
- Trouble with Disney+
- Anybody else having trouble accessing it with FireStick? It won’t connect to the service
- Password Problem and Disney+
- When Disney+ dropped on Tuesday, I happily created my account, complete with a new password, and logged in. Everything was great……then, on Thursday, I tried to log in to my DVC Member account…incorrect password…invalid credentials…>:(. I know that I entered it correctly because I used several methods including copying and pasting from my password manager program and directly typing it in…no luck. I checked my e-mail, just to see if I had received something saying my password had been changed…nope. Before I went through the “forgot password” option (because I *didn’t* forget it!), I thought I would try entering the password I had just created on my Disney+ account….POOF! It worked! It sent me right to my dashboard.So…how on earth did my DVC Member Account password get CHANGED to my Disney+ password? Was it just a temporary glitch? Ugh! I *HATE* Disney IT…
- Can’t log in to Disney + account
- Hi all,
I’ve been trying unsuccessfully all morning to log in to my Disney+ account. I’ve tried logging in on both my Toshiba Smart TV and on my desktop computer, and I keep getting a “something went wrong, please try again later” message. Is this happening to anyone else? Were you finally able to log in?
- Hi all,
Are these all isolated incidents? Have you had to interact with Disney+ customer service? What has been your experience.
Let us know in the comments or head over to disboards.com to share your story.