A lawsuit has been filed against Disney alleging that a family was served food that had bugs crawling in it causing them to fall ill.
The contaminated food allegedly came from the Oasis Bar and Grill at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort.
WESH 2 Investigates reports that they've obtained court files which include photos showing insects on the food that was served to Brittany Walker Figueroa and her family on two separate days at the same restaurant last December.
The family is suing for negligence, claiming the food was in a dangerous and hazardous condition and caused illnesses after eating the chicken lettuce wraps. The suit claims the family felt bugs crawling inside their mouths.
One hearing has taken place and Disney reportedly "argued there's no clear allegation that the family actually ate the food, despite the fact that the word consumed is listed 13 times in the article."
While the plaintiff's attorney argued for clear negligence, the judge agreed more with Disney, especially with the argument against the allegation of permanent injury. The judge granted Disney's motion to dismiss and gave the plaintiffs 20 days to amend the complaint.
Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation. Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!
Subscribe To Our Daily Updates
Be the first to know! Join our Disney mailing list to receive daily news and updates!