Several new and upcoming enhancements have been announced for both Disneyland and Walt Disney World that should allow more flexibility for guests during their visits and will hopefully add value on top of it.
Take a look at the updates below.
At Walt Disney World Resort:
- Within the next few months, Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will be able to visit the theme parks after 2 p.m. without needing a park reservation, except on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom Park. Pass blockout dates will continue to apply as they do today.
- Complimentary self-parking is now available for guests staying at Disney Resort hotels!
- Within the next few months, guests who purchase Disney Genie+ service will also receive digital downloads of their Disney PhotoPass attraction photos taken in the park on the day of their purchase, at no additional charge.
With the upcoming change, guests can simply go to any Walt Disney World theme park they want to after 2 pm (on weekdays) without having to visit a different park first if they couldn’t make a reservation at their park of choice in the first place. For example, a lot of times, we want to go to, say, Magic Kingdom, but we are unable to get a park reservation for it, so we’d make one for whichever park had reservations available, then we’d hop over to Magic Kingdom after the allowed time. When this new rule takes effect, we will be able to go to Magic Kingdom any day during the week after 2 pm without having to park hop!
Also, how about that complimentary self-parking for guests staying at Disney Resort hotels? That might be the most exciting news we’ve heard in a bit here and will surely save guests a nice chunk of change that they can use somewhere else.
At Disneyland Resort:
- Disneyland is significantly increasing the number of days – nearly two months’ worth over the coming year – that they’ll offer their lowest-priced one-day, one-park ticket at $104.
- Guests will have the ability to begin park hopping earlier (starting at 11 a.m.), beginning February 4th.
- Complimentary Disney PhotoPass digital downloads of attraction photos for all ticketed park guests, beginning February 4th, throughout the Disney100 celebration
- Disneyland will make Magic Key passes available for sale more times during the year as inventory becomes available.
We might be the most excited about being able to enter a theme park after 2 p.m. during the week without a reservation! Which change/update are you most excited about?
Senior Editor for the DIS and DCL Fan | Disney Vacation Club Member | Thrilled to have been a '13/'14 Disney Parks Moms Panelist (now planDisney) | Lover of all things Disney; the Magic of Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise Line | ºoº