UPDATE 8:35 a.m.:
Today is the day that the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance attraction makes its debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Disney is utilizing its virtual queue to help guests make the most out of their time in the park. If you’re heading out to Disney’s Hollywood Studios today, we highly recommend that you download the My Disney Experience app if you don’t already have it.
The attraction experienced some downtime earlier this morning but it is back up and running at this time. There will be no standby line today.
Once you’re in the park, open the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge section and go to “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – Access by Boarding Group.” Click on “Find Out More.” The next screen will share the current boarding status of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. If boarding groups are still available, you may be able to tap “Join Boarding Group.”
As of the time of this posting (8:30 a.m.), guests can join group 100 with evening access to the attraction.
The app will display which group is currently boarding.
Additional information from the Disney Parks Blog about virtual queue:
- If “Join a Boarding Group” is grayed out, that means the boarding groups are full for the day and are no longer available.
- As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to theme park tickets for you and the others in your group, you’ll be able to enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time.
- Make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so you will be alerted if your boarding group is called to return.
- Guests have up to two hours from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, so there’s no need to rush right over. Once there, you can expect to wait and spend some time getting immersed in the story and soaking in the rich details before experiencing the attraction.
- It’s important to note that joining a boarding group does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Members of the Guest Experience Team are available throughout the park to assist guests who have any questions or need help with boarding.
Senior Editor for the DIS and DCL Fan | Disney Vacation Club Member | Thrilled to have been a '13/'14 Disney Parks Moms Panelist (now planDisney) | Lover of all things Disney; the Magic of Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise Line | ºoº