The Disney 100th Anniversary Celebration started in Disneyland earlier this year and was deemed the hub of the event. On September 22, 2023, the celebration made its way to the East Coast to continue the celebration at EPCOT. On this day, a few new experiences popped up at the park. Let’s take a look at what has arrived so far!
Soarin’ Over California
June 16, 2016, was the day we all said goodbye to Soarin’ Over California at EPCOT and prepared to welcome Soarin’ Around the World. Many Disney fans have missed this version of the attraction, and thankfully, the Disney 100th Anniversary Celebration brought it back. Every day, there has been a long line for this ride since it debuted on September 22, which shows how loved this version is.
Soarin’ Over California will only be in EPCOT for a limited time, but Disney hasn’t given us an ending date. I think it’s safe to assume that whenever the celebration ends, it will turn back into Soarin’ Around the World.
New Food & Wine Booths
Another part of the celebration is four new food booths for the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival.
Bubbles & Brine
- Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail with Prosecco cocktail sauce and grilled lemon (New)
- Jonah Crab Claw Cocktail with stone-ground mustard sauce (New)
- Caviar with traditional accompaniments, champagne cream, and blini (New)
Char & Chop
- Roasted Porchetta with lemon-parsley salsa verde and shaved fennel salad (New)
- Grilled IMPOSSIBLE Spicy Sausage with herbed polenta, puttanesca sauce, and ricotta (New)
- Meat Assorti: Trio of shaved meats with baby arugula, pickled mustard seeds, truffle oil, and grilled ciabatta (New)
- Mickey-shaped Liquid Nitro Cake
- Soft-serve in a Waffle Cone
- Salted Caramel
- Cream Soda Float with vanilla soft-serve
- Fanta Grape Float with vanilla soft-serve
Wine & Wedge
- Assorted Artisanal Cheeses and Accompaniments (New) (Emile’s Fromage Montage)
- Boursin Fig & Balsamic Soufflé with fig tapenade (New) (Emile’s Fromage Montage)
- Southern Pimento Cheese with bread-and-butter pickled vegetables and grilled bread (New) (Emile’s Fromage Montage)
- Artist Palette of Wine and Cheese: Assorted Artisanal Cheeses and Accoutrements paired with Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese, Hartley Apple Brandy, and Florida Orange Groves Winery Black and Blue Port (New)
A New Mickey Mouse Statue
Overnight, a Mickey Mouse statue appeared in front of the Disney100 display that showed up a couple of months ago. The display says, “It was all started by a mouse,” I think this makes for a beautiful photo opportunity.
Disney 100th Anniversary Mural
Another fun offering that popped up overnight is the Disney 100th Anniversary mural with hidden Disney characters. This is located near the Canada pavilion on construction walls. Trust me, I don’t love that this is on construction walls, but I understand they are working with what they have.
Meet Minnie & Mickey in Disney 100 Outfits!
My favorite part of this celebration coming to EPCOT is that now guests can meet Mickey and Minnie in their Disney100 outfits, which are so cute. Right now, this meet and greet is happening in the Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival lobby.
This is everything that is happening as of right now. Later this year, we will see a new fireworks show – Luminous – The Symphony of Us – light up World Showcase in honor of the anniversary. Will you be visiting EPCOT during this celebration?
Hi, I'm Erica, and I write about all things Disney. Before working for The DIS, I was a theme park performer at SeaWorld, but I also performed at Disney. I have such an immense love for theme parks to the point I studied them in college.