Much the excitement of Disney fans, Fantasmic! returns to the Hollywood Hills Amphitheatre at Disney’s Hollywood Studios this evening. Dreams Unlimited Travel Agent Elaine Edwards has put together her list of pro tips to ensure that you have the best experience.
Take a look at her recommendations and feel free to leave your own in the comments section!
- Check show times prior to your trip so that you can plan ahead. Fantasmic! is usually scheduled at or near the official park closing time. During less busy months, there may not be a show every night, so avoid disappointment by checking ahead of time.
- During busier times, there may be 2 shows per night. The second one will be less crowded and ride wait times will be much lower during the first show time.
- This new version of the show includes new technical enhancements with a new show scene featuring Mulan, Elsa, Aladdin, Pocahontas, and Moana in heroic moments.
- Die-hards will start lining up for this show starting 2 hours before the show starts. Choose your hard, it is what it is.
- Check the My Disney Experience app to see if Genie+ is being offered. FastPass was offered for this show previously and so they may begin offering Genie+ at some point. You won’t need to pick it as your 7 am choice, but definitely after you get a few headliners in.
- Book a Fantasmic! Dining Package. Available at select dining locations, you can get a voucher for guaranteed seating when you book this specific dining package. You still must arrive at this show AT LEAST 25 minutes prior to show time.
- The Fantasmic! Dessert Package is not currently being offered, but this was my FAVORITE way to see the show. Go for this option if they bring it back in the future.
- Do a pulse-check about 2 hours before showtime. Are the kids (and possibly parents too) getting to the end of their limits for the day? If so, they might not make it through waiting an hour+ for the show on hard bleacher seats, then a 29 minute show, then an hour+ to get out of the park and back to the hotel. It’s not worth it when everyone is overtired and cranky – just bail and head back to the hotel!
- No matter if you opt to wait standby or book a package, once inside the theater aim to sit in the middle section and at least halfway back.
- Sitting a little further back means that it will be easier for you to see the whole show and, even better, not get wet! The last time I saw the show, I was very close to the front and was cold and wet the whole night from the sprays of the show.
- Pass the time while waiting by eating in your seat! We always grab some snacks or even a quick service meal and eat while sitting in our seats waiting.
- When the show is over and you have wiped away your pretty tears, check to see if they are exiting people through the right side. Everyone always exits from the left entrance they came in. If the right side exit is open, you won’t have to fight the crowds and you’ll be able to pop out closer to the front of the park!