Walker Mobility specializes in 3 wheeled electric scooter & wheelchair rentals for family/friends visiting Orlando and Central Florida.
Call 1-888-SCOOTER (1-888-726-6837)
and say the DIS sent you!!
Walker Mobility’s mission statement is to provide Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World, or convention visitors with a reliable quality 3-wheeled electric scooters &/or wheelchair rentals. You can book your reservation with Walker's by using our online secure order form and your chosen equipment will be waiting for you when you arrive. Walker understands your mobility needs and looks forward to making your stay here in Orlando a pleasurable one.
$30 / Day
Up to 300lbs.
$39 / Day
Up to 425lbs
Below is a list of frequently asked questions about Walker Mobility rental products provided in Orlando. The equipment they provide includes electric scooters, power wheel chairs, and manual wheelchair rentals. If there is a question that you need answered, please contact Walker Mobility at 1-888-SCOOTER (1-888-726-6837) and they will be more than happy to assist in helping you in regards to your needs. Their hours are Mon.-Sat. 8-5 and Sun. 8-2 (EST), after those hours someone is available by phone for emergencies until 9 p.m.
Q. What Types of scooters are available?
A. Walker Mobility has two types of ECV vehicles - - - A scooter for guests weighing less than 300 pounds, and another which is slightly larger, for guests weighing up to 425 pounds. Both have three wheels, which makes them very maneuverable. The larger model also has a wider seat.
Q. Is a scooter easy to drive?
A. Yes, very easy, requiring the use of only your thumb – You simply push the button to activate the controller. The built - in brake system is activated when you release the controller.
Q. Can I take a scooter in my car?
A. Yes, it can be taken in most cars and their scooters are very easy to disassemble. Most can be disassembled in less than 15 seconds. For guests staying on Disney property and using Disney transport, scooters will not need to be disassembled. If disassembly is required, the heaviest part of most scooters is about 39 pounds.
Q. How do I pay for an equipment rental?
A. You can charge the rental on your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover card. Although many guests place orders several months in advance, we do not charge your card until the day before the equipment is delivered.
Q. Where does Walker Mobility deliver?
A. To hotels, condos, or homes. If you are staying at a hotel, the equipment will be at the hotel's luggage room with your name laminated on it. Just tell the hotel clerk at check-in and you will receive your scooter. If you are staying at a Disney hotel, you may need to be present when the scooter is dropped off.
Q. Will my scooter run all day without recharging the batteries?
A. Yes, but don't forget to drive your scooter into your quarters at night in order to charge the batteries for the next day's use.
Q. What if I change hotels during my stay?
A. Take your scooter or wheelchair to your new hotel and give us a call so we'll know where to pick it up.
Q. Can I leave my scooter for short periods while in the theme parks?
A. Yes. Just take your scooter ignition key with you when you get off the scooter. All scooters are numbered and will have your name and the name of your hotel laminated on the front control box and seat back.
The advantage with renting from Walker Mobility is that you have the ECV vehicle 24/7. Renting a vehicle from Disney does not allow you the same freedom that a Walker Mobility does. A Disney ECV vehicle is only available to use while you are in one of their theme parks.
Check with the theme park guest services to find out if they have special instruction booklets for guests with disabilities. Certain attractions have special entrances to accommodate wheelchair and scooter users.
Manual wheelchairs will have the name of the guest laminated on the left and right chair panels. If you need to cancel a reservation with Walker Mobility, please give them at least 24-hours notice.
Walker Mobility’s toll free phone number for the U.S. and Canada is easy to remember. Call 1-888-SCOOTER (1-888-726-6837).
Walker Mobility delivers & picks up 7 days a week.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios