Walker Mobility specializes in 3 wheeled electric scooter & wheelchair rentals for family/friends visiting Orlando and Central Florida.
Call 1-888-SCOOTER (1-888-726-6837)
and say the DIS sent you!!
Walker Mobility’s mission statement is to provide Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World, or convention visitors with a reliable quality 3-wheeled electric scooters &/or wheelchair rentals. You can book your reservation with Walker's by using our online secure order form and your chosen equipment will be waiting for you when you arrive. Walker understands your mobility needs and looks forward to making your stay here in Orlando a pleasurable one.
$30 / Day
Up to 300lbs.
$39 / Day
Up to 425lbs
Below is a list of frequently asked questions about Walker Mobility rental products provided in Orlando. The equipment they provide includes electric scooters, power wheel chairs, and manual wheelchair rentals. If there is a question that you need answered, please contact Walker Mobility at 1-888-SCOOTER (1-888-726-6837) and they will be more than happy to assist in helping you in regards to your needs. Their hours are Mon.-Sat. 8-5 and Sun. 8-2 (EST), after those hours someone is available by phone for emergencies until 9 p.m.
Q. What Types of scooters are available?
A. Walker Mobility has two types of ECV vehicles - - - A scooter for guests weighing less than 300 pounds, and another which is slightly larger, for guests weighing up to 425 pounds. Both have three wheels, which makes them very maneuverable. The larger model also has a wider seat.
Q. Is a scooter easy to drive?
A. Yes, very easy, requiring the use of only your thumb – You simply push the button to activate the controller. The built - in brake system is activated when you release the controller.
Q. Can I take a scooter in my car?
A. Yes, it can be taken in most cars and their scooters are very easy to disassemble. Most can be disassembled in less than 15 seconds. For guests staying on Disney property and using Disney transport, scooters will not need to be disassembled. If disassembly is required, the heaviest part of most scooters is about 39 pounds.
Q. How do I pay for an equipment rental?
A. You can charge the rental on your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover card. Although many guests place orders several months in advance, we do not charge your card until the day before the equipment is delivered.
Q. Where does Walker Mobility deliver?
A. To hotels, condos, or homes. If you are staying at a hotel, the equipment will be at the hotel's luggage room with your name laminated on it. Just tell the hotel clerk at check-in and you will receive your scooter. If you are staying at a Disney hotel, you may need to be present when the scooter is dropped off.
Q. Will my scooter run all day without recharging the batteries?
A. Yes, but don't forget to drive your scooter into your quarters at night in order to charge the batteries for the next day's use.
Q. What if I change hotels during my stay?
A. Take your scooter or wheelchair to your new hotel and give us a call so we'll know where to pick it up.
Q. Can I leave my scooter for short periods while in the theme parks?
A. Yes. Just take your scooter ignition key with you when you get off the scooter. All scooters are numbered and will have your name and the name of your hotel laminated on the front control box and seat back.
The advantage with renting from Walker Mobility is that you have the ECV vehicle 24/7. Renting a vehicle from Disney does not allow you the same freedom that a Walker Mobility does. A Disney ECV vehicle is only available to use while you are in one of their theme parks.
Check with the theme park guest services to find out if they have special instruction booklets for guests with disabilities. Certain attractions have special entrances to accommodate wheelchair and scooter users.
Manual wheelchairs will have the name of the guest laminated on the left and right chair panels. If you need to cancel a reservation with Walker Mobility, please give them at least 24-hours notice.
Walker Mobility’s toll free phone number for the U.S. and Canada is easy to remember. Call 1-888-SCOOTER (1-888-726-6837).
Walker Mobility delivers & picks up 7 days a week.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios