Disney's Polynesian Resort is in the middle of a long remodeling project, set to be finished sometime in 2015. When completed, the name will be changed to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, the name that it held at opening in 1971. A complete remodel of the lobby is underway, with the waterfall to be removed and all new decor to be added. Trader Sam's Grog Grotto, a version of the popular interactive lounge at the Disneyland Hotel, will be added. A new food and beverage location, Pineapple Lanai kiosk, will offer Dole Whips and will open in late 2014.
See More Polynesian Village Resort Concept Art The Nanea Volcano pool will be expanded to add a new aquatic playground with children's slides, a hot tub and larger deck with additional seating. The Club Disney activity center will replace the Never Land Club and is the perfect place for little vacationers to have fun while their parents enjoy a night out. Kids age 3-12 can play dress-up, read stories and make crafts in the club, surrounded by decor inspired by Disney Little Golden Books like "Alice in Wonderland," "Pinocchio," and "Lady and The Tramp."
Polynesian Resort Address:
1600 Seven Seas Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Phone: (407) 824-2000
Fax: (407) 824-3174
Maximum persons per room: 4 (plus child in crib)
Total Number of rooms: 853
Room size: 409 Sq Ft. (average)
Maximum Occupancy: 5
Price per night: Resort Rates
Disney's Polynesian Resort Overview
The Polynesian is one of the original resorts Disney World opened in 1971. The tropical theme is timeless and it remains one of Disney's most popular destinations. For a great blog on the history of the resort, click here.
The Polynesian Resort is located on the beautiful Seven Seas Lagoon. This prized locale makes it perfect for viewing the Magic Kingdom fireworks, the nightly Electrical Water Pageant or for simply gazing at Cinderella's Castle.
When you arrive at the Polynesian, you'll head to the Great Ceremonial House, the resort's main reception area. This bit of paradise has a 3 story high atrium with cascading waterfalls and 75 varieties of tropical and subtropical plants.
The theming continues throughout the grounds of the resort with white sand beaches, torch lit walkways, lush landscaping, waterfalls, koi ponds and longhouses fashioned after South Pacific lodges. The guest rooms are located in outbuildings with such exotic names as Tonga, Aotearoa, Fiji, Tuvalu, Hawaii, Samoa, Niue, Rarotonga, Tokelau, Tahiti, and Rapa Nui.
For dining, you can choose one of two full serve restaurants, a counter serve spot or you can enjoy the Polynesian Luau dinner show.
The volcano themed pool at the Polynesian is the perfect spot to cool off or you can head to the marina and rent a watercraft to enhance your stay.
Another appeal of the Polynesian Resort is its location on the Monorail track. Within minutes you'll be whisked to Disney's Magic Kingdom.
If being transported to a tropical isle is on your wishlist, the Polynesian Resort is the perfect choice.
- Barefoot Pool Bar
- Captain Cook's Snack Co.
- Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at Luau Cove
- Kona Cafe
- Kona Island
- Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast featuring Lilo and Stitch
- Tambu Lounge
Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Luau Dinner Show)
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show is located at Disney's Polynesian
Resort in the Luau Cove located just off the beach in a
newly renovated covered, open-air theater. Please note that
show will only cancel for temperatures falling below 50
The show is hostessed each evening by Auntie Wini, who has invited the whole neighborhood for a celebration to welcome home one of the local girls that has been away. The Aloha Dinner Show features music and dances of the cultures of Tahiti, Samoa, Tonga, New Zealand and Hawaii, which will be presented while guests dine on a feast that is inspired by the flavors of Polynesia.
The themed island feast is served family-style, and will feature chicken drumsticks, pork, fresh catch of the day, Polynesian Island rice, fresh sauteed seasonal vegetables, dinner rolls and a Volcano Dessert specialty. If you have special dietary requests they will be honored with a 24 hour advance notice by the guest. Beverages will include a bottomless beer, wine, tropical rum punch, sodas, coffee and tea. Other alcoholic beverages may be purchased from the full bar separetely. Dress is casual and shorts are ok at this show.
'Ohana restaurant is located on the second
level of the Great Ceremonial House.
It is open
for breakfast (Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast featuring Lilo & Stitch) from 7:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. and for
dinner from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. (with last dinner
seating at 9:40pm). The Polynesian's tropical setting is the perfect match for Lilo and Stitch. These loveable characters are joined by Mickey and Pluto in visiting you while you dine. Have your camera ready to capture every smile.
Dinner at 'Ohana is an interactive experience where all of the other guests are your "cousins". Don't be surprised to see a coconut race going on! Meals are prepared in a huge open-pit. The delicious offerings here include long skewers of fire roasted grilled meats with specialties like Hawaiian Chicken, Cajun Jumbo Shrimp, Mesquite Beef Tenderloin, and Turkey Tenderloin, as well as fresh seafood of the day. The dessert of pineapple and caramel sauce is to die for!
The Kona Café offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast includes the famous Tonga Toast, fresh fruit and juices, Eggs Benedict and a host of other delicious offerings. For lunch, an assortment of soups, salads and sandwiches can be topped off with yummy desserts like Ko Ko Puffs, Turtle Brownie Tarts or Haupia Strawberry Shortcake. A variety of fresh fish dishes, pastas such as Sesame Chicken Fettucini, Prime Rib and Barbecued Shrimp are some of the culinary delights that are offered on the dinner menu. Some of the best coffee on property can also be found here in the restaurant and just outside it at the coffee stand.
Cook's is a snack bar located on the first
floor of the Great Ceremonial House and is open
24 hours a day (however the grill closes at 11pm).
Here you'll find sandwiches,
flatbreads, salads and a self-serve Dole Whip machine.
Full room service is available from 6:30 a.m. to midnight.
For breakfast, fill out the card found in your room, and hang it on the doorknob outside before retiring for the night. From 11:30 a.m. to midnight, salads, hot sandwiches, appetizers and hamburgers are offered. For dinner, from 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., appetizers, barbecued ribs, sweet and sour chicken dishes, shrimp and pasta, pork tenderloin, filet mignon, steak and desserts are offered.
The Tambu Lounge is a great place to relax and unwind after a busy day in the parks with a tall, cool drink.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services: The Club Disney activity center is open from 4:00 p.m. to midnight and offers entertainment, dining and fun for children ages 3 to 12.
- Valet Service Cleaning
- Coin Operated Laundry facilities
- Express Check-out
- Refillable Mugs (at Captain Cook's)
- Bell Services
- Free Wireless Internet
- Poolside Bar
- ATM Machine
- Valet Parking free to Resort guests
- Complimentary Newspaper Delivery
Bou-tiki (Disney clothing, resort wear, Polynesian style gifts, souvenirs)
Samoa Snacks (Sodas, liquor, snacks, sundries)
Trader Jack's (souvenirs)
Disney's Polynesian Resort is on the Monorail
route and the station is located on the second
floor of the great Ceremonial House. The Resort
monorail stops at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
and Spa, Magic Kingdom Park, Disney's Contemporary
Resort and the Ticket and Transportation Center
Magic Kingdom Park: Take the monorail or the boat launch.
Epcot: You must transfer at the Ticket & Transportation Center to get on a separate monorail that travels to Epcot. There is a walkway to the Ticket & Transportation Center that is just a short walk from the Tahiti and the Rapa Nui longhouses.
Disney's Hollywood Studios: Take the bus marked "Disney's Hollywood Studios"
Disney's Animal Kingdom: Take the bus marked "Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach"
Downtown Disney Marketplace, Downtown Disney West Side, Pleasure Island and Typhoon Lagoon: Guests can take the Downtown Disney bus from the stop in front of the Great Ceremonial House. After 4 p.m., those wishing to go to Downtown Disney Pleasure Island, Downtown Disney Marketplace or Downtown Disney West Side, must take a bus from the Ticket & Transportation Center.
Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park: Take the bus marked "Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach"
When exiting the lobby from the Great Ceremonial House, you will find the bus stop across the driveway from the valet stand. Water taxis will take guests to the Magic Kingdom Park or Disney's Grand Floridian Resort.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Harambe Nights sold out this weekend - Harambe Nights is sold out for the weekend of July 19. Tickets are still available for the remaining weekends.
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Registration now open for Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Registration is already filling up. Prices are listed here and will go up after a certain date.
- Seats still remaining for Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Sneak Preview - Sample food's from this year's Festival and hear speakers discussing the new marketplaces, special events and more!
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Magic Kingdom Turnstiles - Main St. Station - Wish you were at Disney today? Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Magic Kingdom Turnstiles - Main St. Station.
- Less than a month left to book a Disney vacation with free dining! - Guests can book a Walt Disney World room and ticket vacation package that includes a stay at a Walt Disney World resort, and receive the Dining Plan for free!
- Backstage package begins today Cirque du Soleil - Package is available for 6:00 performances on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Create a personalized Coca-Cola label at Club Cool - Guests at Walt Disney World will be able to create a personalized label for a 7.5 oz Coca-Cola can.
- Blog - Like This at Walt Disney World? Try That at Universal Orlando.
- Viewing locations for final World Cup games - The final three games will be shown in multiple locations.
- Blog - Some Dos and Don'ts of Frozen Summer Fun
- Candlelight Processional dining package info released - Information includes list of restaurants and approximate prices. Reserved fireworks viewing is not included this year.
- Minor changes to menu at Harambe Nights party - The lamb chops with tamarind pomegranate sauce will no longer be served. A Moroccan beef kefta dish will be served at the buffet after the show instead of the pre-show reception.
- Blog - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You?
- It's Tough to be a Bug closes for refurb - The Animal Kingdom attraction will be closed from 7/7/14 - 8/11/14.
- Photos of Oaken's Trading Post and merchandise available at Frozen Summer Fun - We've added merchandise photos and photos of Oaken's Trading Post to our blog on this event.
- VIDEO: Anna and Elsa's Royal Welcome featuring Kristoff at Frozen Summer Fun - Frozen Summer Fun has come to Disney's Hollywood Studios and the first daily event is a Royal Welcome parade for Anna and Elsa with a special appearance by Kristoff. At the end of the parade, the two princesses appear on the Sorcerer Mickey hat stage for a sing-along of "Let It Go" with Olaf!
- New backstage package offered at Cirque du Soleil - This $250 package includes ticket, snacks, gift bag and backstage meet and greet.
- Minimum age lowered to travel solo on Magical Express - The minimum age to travel alone on Magical Express has been lowered to age 12 from age 16.
- Flying Fish Cafe to serve breakfast this fall - Reservations are now being accepted for 10/1 - 12/7/14.
- Florida residents can save 35% on a Room Only reservation - Florida residents can save when booking a room-only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for stays most nights July 2014 - September 2014.
- Premium Package added for Frozen Summer Fun Live - Package will include reserved seating and viewing for three of the day's events.
- Changes to PhotoPass print packages at restaurants - Beginning 7/27/14, PhotoPass print packages will no longer be offered table-side at Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Time schedule announced for Frozen Summer Fun Live at Hollywood Studios - The world of Frozen is taking over Hollywood Studios this summer. Spend the day enjoying these brand-new interactive experiences.
- Extended operating hours for monorail for 4th of July holiday - The monorail will have extended operating hours on July 3-5.
- Garden View Tea Room at Grand Floridian to undergo refurb - Garden View Tea Room closed 6/30/14 - 8/29/14. Perfectly Princess Tea Party will take place at Citricos.
- Partial list of Candlelight Processional narrators announced - Sharon Stone and Ana Gasteyer are new additions this year.
- Blog - Making the Most Out of a Summer Trip to Walt Disney World
- 4th of July Craft beer event at the Swan and Dolphin Hotel - Eight different brews will be on tap as the hotel partners with Cigar City Brewing of Tampa.
- July merchandise events and signings at the Walt Disney World Resort - Disney artists will sign their work at locations around Walt Disney World.
- Two new VIP tours added at Walt Disney World - The Ultimate Day of Thrills - A VIP Tour Experience and The Ultimate Day for Young Families - A VIP Tour Experience will both take guests to three parks, giving them VIP access to several attractions.
- Cinderella's Royal Table to be closed for 2 months - The character dining restaurant will be closed for refurbishment 1/5/2015 - 3/6/2015.
- Blog - FROZEN Summer Fun LIVE! Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Several dates sold out for Animal Kingdom's Harambe Nights - Premium seating is sold out for all dates. General seating is sold out for 6/28 and 7/5.
- Several changes made to park hours for rest of 2014 - Many changes have been made to Extra Magic Hours, as well as park hours extended and more Fantasmic and Main Street Electrical performances added.
- Several refurb dates planned for Winter Summerland mini golf course - The summer course will be closed for several dates throughout the summer.
- Parking lot construction at Animal Kingdom through September - The lot will be expanded in anticipation of larger crowds with the additions coming to the park.
- Agent P World Showcase Adventure to utilize smartphones - Beginning 6/27/14, the current flip phones will be replaced with smartphones.
- Another new meet and greet location for Snow White - She can now be seen on the front porch of Town Square Theater.
- Blog - Downtown Disney - Land of construction walls and cranes
- Blog - Disney Park Favorites in New Vinylmation Park Starz 3
- Rock Your Summer Side Dance Party at Hollywood Studios - This dance party will take place nightly from 6:00-10:00pm.
- Details for 4th of July at Walt Disney World - The parks will have special fireworks shows and Disney characters dressed in patriotic costumes.
- Ticket discounts for Cirque du Soleil - Discounted tickets are available for performances July 1-19, July 14, July 23-Sept 13, Sept 23-27, 2014.
- Summer discounts available for Walt Disney World golf courses - Play early in the day and save on a round of golf.
- Partial character list scheduled for Villains Unleashed event - Villains can be seen in stage shows, character greetings, and more.
- Price increases to $15/hour at Disney's Children's Activity Centers - This is at Club Disney at the Polynesian, Simba's Cubhouse at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Sandcastle Club at the Beach Club, and Cub's Den at the Wilderness Lodge.
- Tables in Wonderland hosts Epcot Food & Wine Festival Preview Event - Sample food's from this year's Festival and hear speakers discussing the new marketplaces, special events and more.
- Wilderness Lodge main pool closing from 9/3-11/27/14 - Main Pool closed 9/3/2014- 11/27/2014. Guests may use the pool at Fort Wilderness or the Contemporary. Transportation will be provided.
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
- Technical glitch causes Universal's Transformers ride to stall
- Report: Monorail evacuated after lightning strike
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
- Magic Kingdom guest got tips of fingers cut off on Pirates of the Caribbean
- Elizabeth Mitchell cast on Once Upon A Time
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 12:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios