Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort Address:
1050 Century Dr
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 2880
Maximum persons per room: 4 (2 if booking a King room)
Total Number of rooms: 1008
Room size: 260 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $15 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Pop Century Resort Overview
Taking a trip through the last half centry of American pop culture is what lies at the cornerstone of Disney's Pop Century resort. As one of Disney's 'value' resorts, Pop Century has offerings similar to other resorts in its category in terms of room size and amenities, and general layout. The theme at this resort covers the 1950's - 1990's and each section represents a different decade with iconic images ranging from Big Wheels to bowling pins, 8 track tapes, and Rubik's Cubes among many others. There are a total of ten buildings at the resort, each with four floors (and elevators). The main building is called "Classic Hall" and is where the check in desk, gift shop, food court and arcade are located. There are three pools at the resort, with the Hippie Dippie pool being the larger among them. Pools are also located in the 90's area (the Computer pool) and the 50's area (Bowling pool). The food court at Pop Century is called "Everything Pop" and serves an assortment of food ranging from baked goods to pasta and pizza and grilled specialties. Rooms at the Pop Century are consistent with Disney's other value resorts. A typcial room is 260 square feet with either two double beds or one king bed. Preferred rooms are located closer to Classic Hall and are available for an additional charge.
Located near ESPN's Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney's Pop Century Resort includes two 5,000-square-foot arcades, a food court and shopping area, courtyards, three heated pools in wildly-fun shapes, one kiddie pool, a playground and recreational paths for riding surrey bikes around Hourglass Lake.
The "Everything Pop" food court is located inside Classic Hall. The food court is divided into several stations, each offering a different specialty as well as grab-n-go sandwiches, snacks and drinks. The food court is open from 6am until 12 midnight and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Among the menu offerings are flatbreads, burgers, pasta dishes, nachos, chicken, fresh sandwiches and more. There is also a full service bar, Classic Concoctions located within the food court as well as Petals Pool Bar just off the main pool. For a complete menu of what's offered at the Everything Pop food court, check out our DIS menu database.
Pop Century - Services for Kids
Babysitting Services - Babysitting is available through Kids Nite Out, Inc. - which is not owned or operated by Disney. Caregivers provide in-room services which include playing games, reading, and generally entertaining your kids. Services are also available through Kids Nite Out to plan parties and special events. Advanced reservations are required and services are available 24 hours per day. There is a 4 hour minimum for children 6 months to 12 years old. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid the 4 hour minimum cancellation fee. Reservations can be made by calling 407-828-0920.
Poolside games and activities happen each day at the Hippie Dippie Pool outside Classic Hall. There are dance parties, games that include 'Goofy Bingo', Disney trivia, Name that Tune and more. There is also a playground located behind the 1970's buidling near Classic Hall.
'Movies under the Stars' happen each night near the 'yo-yo'. In the event of inclement weather, the movie is shown in the kids playroom next to the front desk.
Classic Hall is the site for some other fun activities, including dance parties, pin trading and Vinylmation trading. Check the recreation activities flyer for specific times.
The 5000 square foot 'Fast Forward' arcade is located just across from the Everything Pop food court in Classic Hall and contains a wide variety of video games to suit most ages.
The rooms at Pop Century are divided into two categories; standard and preferred. The preferred rooms are in the section closest to the main building where the food court is located, as well as closer to the transportation hub.
The rooms’ décor is evocative of the period represented in that section of the resort. Each guestroom will have 2 double beds (or one king sized bed which must be requested when making your reservation), a beverage cooler, nightstand, telephone, small table with 2 chairs, armoire, television, wall mirror, clock radio and an open closet area with shelves on top for extra storage. A vanity area with a single sink and mirror is separate from the tub and commode. A small key-operated wall safe to hold your valuables is located in the closet area. All rooms are equipped with central air conditioning. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing will find a computer data port.
There are disabled-accessible rooms that will have a larger bathroom with a wheelchair-accessible shower in place of a tub. There is an elevator so even accessing the top floors is easy for guests. Connecting rooms may be requested. The rooms are 260 square feet and sleep 4, or 4 plus a child under the age of 3 in a crib. Also available are bed rails and cribs (the pack-n-play variety.) Call Housekeeping to request. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $10 per person, per night plus the resort tax.
The following are available by calling Housekeeping. Supplies may be limited on some items: irons and ironing boards, hair dryers, extra pillows, blankets and towels.
Pricing: Published rates at Disney's Pop Century resort range from $95 per night for a standard room during value season to $186 per night during peak holiday season. Preferred rooms (located closer to the main building) are an additional $15 per night regardless of season. There are also 'pool view' rooms available at a slightly higher rate. For a complete list of current published prices, CLICK HERE
There are 3 heated pools at Pop Century that are maintained at 82 degrees. The Hippy Dippy Pool is 235,000 gallons and is the feature pool here. It is located near the 1960s buildings and just outside the food court and main lobby. The entire pool is shaped like a big flower with 4 flower showers on the pool deck that spray water into the pool. The water is deepest near the drains and shallow towards the edge. The Hippy Dippy kids pool is a zero entry level with fountains that shoot out from the center. The deck around the kiddie pool is padded so children are able to play carefree. Petals Pool Bar offers a selection of drinks and food, but no food or drinks are allowed in the pool. You will also find a ping-pong table here and a temporary tattoo station.
The Computer pool is considered one of the quieter pools and is located near the 1990s buildings. This rectangular pool is shaped like a computer monitor with a huge spongy/soft floor keyboard deck located towards the back of the pool behind the pool chairs. The service buildings nearby resemble a stack of floppy disks and a central processing unit.
The Bowling pool is also considered a quiet pool and is located near the 1950s buildings. The pool is in the shape of a bowling pin and the pool deck acts as the bowling lane, including the arrow guides in the concrete. The service building here is designed to look like a bowling shoe locker bin.
no slides or jacuzzis at any of the value resort pools, but there are spraying water features in the Hippy Dippy Pool. All pools at Pop Century range in
depth from 3ft to 4 ft 9in. Guests may use any of these 3 swimming pools during their
vacation. There are showers, lockers, restrooms, and a laundromat at each pool
Pool hours are from 8am - midnight with lifeguards
on duty from 10am-10pm (quiet hours are from 10pm-midnight).
TIPS: Guests must bring the towels from their rooms for use at the pool and call housekeeping for additional towels for your room to replenish your supply. Life jackets are provided free of charge and can be picked up at the pool area. Check out the back of the lifeguard stands for park hours and weather information.
Pool hours are from 8am - midnight with lifeguards on duty from 10am-10pm (quiet hours are from 10pm-midnight).All diaper age children are required to wear plastic pants or swim diapers for the safety of other guests. These can be purchased at any of the gift shops on property.
Disney's Pop Century Resort has its own bus transportation that is not shared with other resorts. Guests will get a Transportation Guide/Map upon checking in with instructions on how to get just about anywhere on property, but here are some of the more popular destinations.
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 5
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- Livestream coverage of Star Wars Weekends events - Photos and video of Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Blog - Star Wars Weekends 2013 comes to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Schedule of artists for the Eat to the Beat concerts - As with all Disney events, themed entertainment is part of the festivities. Visitors to the Food and Wine Festival can "Eat to the Beat!"
- Festival of the Masters dates released for November 2013 - This art festival will be held at Downtown Disney November 8-10, 2013.
- Blog - FIRST LOOK: Disney's MyMagic+ MagicBand - The DIS got a first look at Disney's new MagicBands which are part of their MyMagic+ rollout! Take a look at the photos of the MagicBand and a brief review of what we thought about wearing them...
- Blog - Summer Dooney & Bourke Release Update
- Schedule released for Star Wars Weekends - Schedule for the events during Star Wars Weekends.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Sunset Boulevard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Free admission to Blizzard Beach for Annual Passholders today! - Today, May 16, Annual Passholders will get complimentary admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park after 2:00 pm. Complimentary refreshments and giveaways will take place at Lottawatta Lodge.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Adventurers Outpost meet and greet location opens at Animal Kingdom - The new indoor meet and greet location for Mickey and Minnie is now open in Discovery Island.
- November 2013 Disney World park hours added
- Details released for 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival - A Scotland marketplace will be added. Dates for the Party for the Senses, as well as a partial schedule for the Eat to the Beat concerts also released.
- Summer edition coming to Celebrate the Magic show - The summer edition of this show will start later this month, possibly May 24, during the 24-hour Monstrous Summer event.
- Cirque du Soleil closed for refurbishment through May 27 - The next performance of Cirque du Soleil will be May 28.
- Blog - The Contemporary Resort Hotel – Walt Disney World’s Resort Loop Hotels
- Book a trip during the Free Dining promotion! - Free dining is available for check-ins between 9/2 and 9/25/13!
- New operating hours for Splitsville at Downtown Disney - Splitsville, Downtown Disney's luxury bowling alley, has updated its hours of operation.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench Video - Art of Animation - Wheel Well Hotel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Typhoon Lagoon to close for refurbishment - Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park will be closed from May 12 - May 16 for refurbishment.
- Blog - Merida becomes a Disney Princess (Includes Coronation Video)!
- Limited Time Magic: Make a Moment in Time Out of Mother's Day - Stop by Tren-D or the World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney to see the new collection of watches designed just for the occasion. Moms will receive a flower on Mother's Day when they enter the theme parks.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Coronado Springs - Marina Courtyard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Life-size rancor replica and three one-man shows coming to Star Wars Weekends - Guests will have a photo op with a replica rancor, Jabba the Hut's prized pet. There will also be three one-man shows performed by some of the celebrity guests.
- 30% off Room Only offer available for the general public! - Guests can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer available for the general public! - Walt Disney World has announced a Free Dining offer for the general public!
- Raglan Road to host Summer Solstice Celebration - Master Chef Kevin Dundon has created the five-course menu for this meal, celebrating the Summer Solstice with fresh, seasonal flavors. Wines have been chosen for each course. Celebrating the Summer Solstice is a time-honored tradition and marks the official start to summer.
- Blog - Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Split Personality
- Celebrity list updated for Star Wars Weekends - The list of celebrities appearing at Star Wars Weekends later this month has been updated.
- Truckeria Rolling Tacos food truck parked at Downtown Disney this week - Food is available from 6pm - 11pm and will include tacos, chips and salsa.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 35% at select hotels - Annual passholders can save up to 35% when booking a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World hotels. Discount is valid for travel between 6/4/13 - 8/15/13.
- 30% off Room Only offer for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer announced for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can book a Walt Disney World vacation package for 9/2/13 - 9/25/13 and receive the Disney Dining Plan for free!
- Walt Disney World golf courses offer new Players Club program - For $29 per month, members can use the practice ranges for free and take advantage of free daily golf clinics (Monday-Friday) led by PGA-certified golf instructors, as well as receive other discounts.
- Blog - May the Fourth Be with You: Intergalactic Star Wars Shopping
- Limited Time Magic: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Epcot - Meet the Three Caballeros, enjoy live music, marionettes, folkloric dancing and songs by Mariachi Cobre.
- Limited Time Magic: Merida Becomes an Official Disney Princess - In a royal coronation ceremony at the Magic Kingdom, Merida (from the film Brave) will be christened as an official Disney Princess.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- List of performers for 2013 Night of Joy concerts - Disney’s Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
- Disney and Lucasfilm announce new animated Star Wars series
- Walt Disney World uses online job fair to hire employees
- Former Disney World employee arrested on pornography charges
- Half-hour Toy Story special coming to ABC this fall
- Expedition Cafe to open with SeaWorld's Antarctica exhibit
- Tour company uses wheelchairs to promise front of the line access at Walt Disney World?
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
- Disney and Electronic Arts to produce Star Wars video games
- Several Disney Junior and Disney XD shows to be available on Netflix
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios