Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter address:
2201 Orleans Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Phone: 407-934-5000 | Fax: 407-934-5353
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 1008
Maximum persons per room: 4 (2 if booking a King room)
Total Number of rooms: 1008
Room size: 314 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $15 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter - Overview
Port Orleans French Quarter combines the energy of Mardis Gras with the charm of New Orlean's iconic French Quarter into one of Disney's most intimate resorts. While this is the smallest of Disney's 'moderate' category resorts, Port Orelans French Quarter is also among the most popular. There are seven buildings housing the resort's 1008 rooms, situated along quaint "streets" with wrought iron fences, cascades of bougainvillea and fountains throughout. The resort is located along the banks of the Sassagoula River, offering boat transportation to Downtown Disney as well as small watercraft rentals at the marina. The food court here is among the better ones on Disney property with a good variety of freshly prepared dishes and bakery items. Rooms are comfortable and well decorated in keeping with the theme of the resort.
Rooms are adorned with warm colors that capture the feel of New Orleans. Purple and gold bedspreads with the Fleur de Lis, gold curtains and dark wood accents. Rooms are 314 square feet, with two sink basins outside the bathroom to allow one person to get ready while another showers. After the most recent rehab, the rooms now have 2 queen size beds as opposed to 2 double beds. Mattresses are the Sealy Posturepedic Monogram series 400 plush. Rooms in all Disney moderate resorts feature H20 bath products (shampoo, conditioner and soaps). The upgraded version of the product is sold in the Jackson Square gift shop right off the main lobby. Rooms have flat screen televisions with convenient access to HDMI ports as well as audio and video inputs. This is convenient if you bring along video game systems for the kids or if you like to plug in your camcorder to review your video footage from the trip. Rooms here also have a small mini-fridge, wall safe (not large enough to hold a laptop though), coffee maker, iron and ironing board, and hair dryer.
There are some rooms available with a king size bed, and some of these are handicapped accessible with a wheelchair-accessible shower in place of a tub.
TIP: For a quiet riverview room, ask for Buildings 1 or 6.
Price: 2013 published prices for standard rooms range from $162 per night in value season to $253 per night in peak holiday season. There are surcharges for room categories above standard. Room categories include Standard view (usually a parking lot view), Garden View ($10 surcharge per night), King bed ($25 surcharge per night in place of two queen beds), Water View ($25 surcharge per night) and River View ($30 surcharge per night). Booking a room only reservation at this resort requires a one night deposit at the time of booking. If you need to cancel your reservation, you can do so up to 5 days prior to your arrival to avoid losing your deposit. Reservations within 5 days of arrival forfeit the deposit amount. To get a quote for a specific date or a particular package, we recommend Dreams Unlimited Travel. Their agents specialize in Disney vacations and can make recommendations to fit your specific needs. Dreams Unlimited is the official travel agency of the DIS.
The food court at Port Orleans French Quarter is called "Sassagoula Float Works" and is open daily from 6:ooam until midnight. The food court is decorated with actual sculptures from Blaine Kern Studios in New Orleans - the studio that has designed many of the floats for the Mardi Gras parade since 1947. The food court contains a variety of stations offering American-Creole cuisine ranging from burgers and pizza to sandwiches, wraps, and a variety of hot dishes including jumbalaya, chicken and ribs. The bakery items are made fresh on the premises each day, and they're known for their beignets (fried dough covered with powdered sugar). The bakery also makes fresh-ground espresso, cappuccino and lattes. There is a 'grab-n-go' area containing pre-made sandwiches, snacks, drinks and desserts.
Disney Dining Plan: Food purchased at Sassagoula Float Works uses counter service credits from the Disney Dining Plan. Most bakery items are considered snack credits (including the beignets). There are a few bakery items that are not available as snack credits, including specialty coffees. You can add the Disney Dining plan to a Magic Your Way package.
Recreation activities - These vary by season, but this is really one place where Disney shines. If you have a day where you just want to hang out by the pool, rest assured there will be games and activities throughout the day to entertain the kids. Some of the poolside activities that take place at Port Orleans French Quarter are Name that Disney Tune, Goofy Bingo, Disney trivia, Name that WDW attraction, and more. At 4:00pm each day is the Doubloon Lagoon Mardi Gras Parade and after dark, a Cajun Campfire takes place along the Sassagoula River behind building 6. There are also “Movies Under the Stars” that is shown on the green between buildings 5 & 6. The Bayou Pirate Adventure is also available from Port Orleans Riverside for an additional charge.
South Quarter Games arcade is one of the smaller arcades at Disney resorts, but it offers a good mix of games for all age groups.
Babysitting Services - Babysitting is available through Kids Nite Out, Inc. - which is not owned or operated by Disney. Caregivers provide in-room services which include playing games, reading, and generally entertaining your kids. Services are also available through Kids Nite Out to plan parties and special events. Advanced reservations are required and services are available 24 hours per day. There is a 4 hour minimum for children 6 months to 12 years old. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid the 4 hour minimum cancellation fee. Reservations can be made by calling 407-828-0920.
Pool - A sea serpent water slide and a water spouting alligator band are both found at the main pool, the Doubloon Lagoon, at Port Orleans French Quarter. A kiddie pool and spa can be found close by as well. Currently pool towels are available at the main pool and are distributed by cast members. Simply show your resort ID to get them. Swim noodles and tubes can also be rented.
Fishing excursions - 2 hour guided fishing excursions are available along the Sassagoula River. Fishing equipment is provided and 24 hour advanced reservations are strongly recommended. You can reserve a fishing excursion by asking your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent or by calling 407-WDW-PLAY. For current information and pricing on fishing excursions around Walt Disney World, click here.
Boat Rentals - Sun tracker pontoon boats, Boston Whaler Montauk boats and Sea Raycer water sprites are available for rent by the half hour at the marina. Certain age restrictions apply. Rentals can be arranged at the marina.
Bike Rentals - Bicycles and Surrey bikes (which seat 4 people) are available for rent by the half hour and can be rented directly at the marina or by calling recreation from your in-room phone. Advance reservations are not required.
Horse Drawn Carriage Rides - The Horse Drawn Carriage ride is a great way to see the property at night. 25 minute horse drawn carriage rides around the resort are available nightly from 6:00pm to 9:30pm (weather permitting). Carriages can seat up to four adults, or two adults and three children. Tickets are sold directly by the carriage drivers and only cash or Disney room charge is accepted (no credit cards). For advanced reservations call 407-WDW-PLAY and for same day reservations call 407-824-2832 (walk-ups may be available). These rides depart from Port Orleans Riverside Resort.
Water launch service is available to Downtown Disney Marketplace/West Side from the marina. The Disney bus service is available to all major theme parks and the Transportation and Ticket Center from the bus stop just outside the main entrance.
- Dates and seminars announced for Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic - 2014 will be the 5th year for this event that features wine and beer seminars, tasting stations and live music.
- VIDEO: 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - One of the most welcome signs of spring is Epcot's annual International Flower & Garden Festival. While the grounds at Epcot are always beautiful, the Flower and Garden Festival takes them to the next level. At the festival you'll find gardens, topiaries, play areas, outdoor food kitchens, exhibits, music, and more.
- Blog - Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO - Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - Festival of Fantasy is the brand new daily parade at the Magic Kingdom bringing the characters and stories of New Fantasyland to life! Brand new floats and costumes were produced for the parade featuring characters from Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Dumbo, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Fantasia, Snow White and more!
- Photo Gallery of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - The "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" celebrates New Fantasyland with new innovative floats, costumes and an all-new soundtrack that features songs from popular Disney films.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Leadership changes at Walt Disney World resorts and transportation
- Disney and unions extend contract
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Epcot FW