Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter address:
2201 Orleans Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Phone: 407-934-5000 | Fax: 407-934-5353
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 1008
Maximum persons per room: 4 (2 if booking a King room)
Total Number of rooms: 1008
Room size: 314 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $15 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter - Overview
Port Orleans French Quarter combines the energy of Mardis Gras with the charm of New Orlean's iconic French Quarter into one of Disney's most intimate resorts. While this is the smallest of Disney's 'moderate' category resorts, Port Orelans French Quarter is also among the most popular. There are seven buildings housing the resort's 1008 rooms, situated along quaint "streets" with wrought iron fences, cascades of bougainvillea and fountains throughout. The resort is located along the banks of the Sassagoula River, offering boat transportation to Downtown Disney as well as small watercraft rentals at the marina. The food court here is among the better ones on Disney property with a good variety of freshly prepared dishes and bakery items. Rooms are comfortable and well decorated in keeping with the theme of the resort.
Rooms are adorned with warm colors that capture the feel of New Orleans. Purple and gold bedspreads with the Fleur de Lis, gold curtains and dark wood accents. Rooms are 314 square feet, with two sink basins outside the bathroom to allow one person to get ready while another showers. After the most recent rehab, the rooms now have 2 queen size beds as opposed to 2 double beds. Mattresses are the Sealy Posturepedic Monogram series 400 plush. Rooms in all Disney moderate resorts feature H20 bath products (shampoo, conditioner and soaps). The upgraded version of the product is sold in the Jackson Square gift shop right off the main lobby. Rooms have flat screen televisions with convenient access to HDMI ports as well as audio and video inputs. This is convenient if you bring along video game systems for the kids or if you like to plug in your camcorder to review your video footage from the trip. Rooms here also have a small mini-fridge, wall safe (not large enough to hold a laptop though), coffee maker, iron and ironing board, and hair dryer.
There are some rooms available with a king size bed, and some of these are handicapped accessible with a wheelchair-accessible shower in place of a tub.
TIP: For a quiet riverview room, ask for Buildings 1 or 6.
Price: 2013 published prices for standard rooms range from $162 per night in value season to $253 per night in peak holiday season. There are surcharges for room categories above standard. Room categories include Standard view (usually a parking lot view), Garden View ($10 surcharge per night), King bed ($25 surcharge per night in place of two queen beds), Water View ($25 surcharge per night) and River View ($30 surcharge per night). Booking a room only reservation at this resort requires a one night deposit at the time of booking. If you need to cancel your reservation, you can do so up to 5 days prior to your arrival to avoid losing your deposit. Reservations within 5 days of arrival forfeit the deposit amount. To get a quote for a specific date or a particular package, we recommend Dreams Unlimited Travel. Their agents specialize in Disney vacations and can make recommendations to fit your specific needs. Dreams Unlimited is the official travel agency of the DIS.
The food court at Port Orleans French Quarter is called "Sassagoula Float Works" and is open daily from 6:ooam until midnight. The food court is decorated with actual sculptures from Blaine Kern Studios in New Orleans - the studio that has designed many of the floats for the Mardi Gras parade since 1947. The food court contains a variety of stations offering American-Creole cuisine ranging from burgers and pizza to sandwiches, wraps, and a variety of hot dishes including jumbalaya, chicken and ribs. The bakery items are made fresh on the premises each day, and they're known for their beignets (fried dough covered with powdered sugar). The bakery also makes fresh-ground espresso, cappuccino and lattes. There is a 'grab-n-go' area containing pre-made sandwiches, snacks, drinks and desserts.
Disney Dining Plan: Food purchased at Sassagoula Float Works uses counter service credits from the Disney Dining Plan. Most bakery items are considered snack credits (including the beignets). There are a few bakery items that are not available as snack credits, including specialty coffees. You can add the Disney Dining plan to a Magic Your Way package.
Recreation activities - These vary by season, but this is really one place where Disney shines. If you have a day where you just want to hang out by the pool, rest assured there will be games and activities throughout the day to entertain the kids. Some of the poolside activities that take place at Port Orleans French Quarter are Name that Disney Tune, Goofy Bingo, Disney trivia, Name that WDW attraction, and more. At 4:00pm each day is the Doubloon Lagoon Mardi Gras Parade and after dark, a Cajun Campfire takes place along the Sassagoula River behind building 6. There are also “Movies Under the Stars” that is shown on the green between buildings 5 & 6. The Bayou Pirate Adventure is also available from Port Orleans Riverside for an additional charge.
South Quarter Games arcade is one of the smaller arcades at Disney resorts, but it offers a good mix of games for all age groups.
Babysitting Services - Babysitting is available through Kids Nite Out, Inc. - which is not owned or operated by Disney. Caregivers provide in-room services which include playing games, reading, and generally entertaining your kids. Services are also available through Kids Nite Out to plan parties and special events. Advanced reservations are required and services are available 24 hours per day. There is a 4 hour minimum for children 6 months to 12 years old. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid the 4 hour minimum cancellation fee. Reservations can be made by calling 407-828-0920.
Pool - A sea serpent water slide and a water spouting alligator band are both found at the main pool, the Doubloon Lagoon, at Port Orleans French Quarter. A kiddie pool and spa can be found close by as well. Currently pool towels are available at the main pool and are distributed by cast members. Simply show your resort ID to get them. Swim noodles and tubes can also be rented.
Fishing excursions - 2 hour guided fishing excursions are available along the Sassagoula River. Fishing equipment is provided and 24 hour advanced reservations are strongly recommended. You can reserve a fishing excursion by asking your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent or by calling 407-WDW-PLAY. For current information and pricing on fishing excursions around Walt Disney World, click here.
Boat Rentals - Sun tracker pontoon boats, Boston Whaler Montauk boats and Sea Raycer water sprites are available for rent by the half hour at the marina. Certain age restrictions apply. Rentals can be arranged at the marina.
Bike Rentals - Bicycles and Surrey bikes (which seat 4 people) are available for rent by the half hour and can be rented directly at the marina or by calling recreation from your in-room phone. Advance reservations are not required.
Horse Drawn Carriage Rides - The Horse Drawn Carriage ride is a great way to see the property at night. 25 minute horse drawn carriage rides around the resort are available nightly from 6:00pm to 9:30pm (weather permitting). Carriages can seat up to four adults, or two adults and three children. Tickets are sold directly by the carriage drivers and only cash or Disney room charge is accepted (no credit cards). For advanced reservations call 407-WDW-PLAY and for same day reservations call 407-824-2832 (walk-ups may be available). These rides depart from Port Orleans Riverside Resort.
Water launch service is available to Downtown Disney Marketplace/West Side from the marina. The Disney bus service is available to all major theme parks and the Transportation and Ticket Center from the bus stop just outside the main entrance.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- High-speed train will link Shanghai Disneyland to city
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Epcot FW