The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has definitely taken its toll on many aspects of our lives, including the travel industry and more specifically, the Disney theme parks and Disney Cruise Line vacations.
Many folks are now wearing cloth face masks when they are out and about running errands and due to that, the Centers for Disease Control has released detailed information and guidelines for wearing the cloth face coverings – as many locations are requiring it – and they are as follows.
A cloth face covering should:
Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of your face
Be secured with ties or ear loops
Include multiple layers of fabric
Allow for breathing without restriction
Be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to the shape
Not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the masks without assistance
Note: When removing a cloth face covering, individuals should be careful not to touch their eyes, nose, and mouth and wash hands immediately after removing.
In response to the sudden high demand for cloth face coverings, shopDisney has created an entire line of Disney-themed masks that should appease every Disney fan in the house. All official Disney face masks are sold for $19.99 in sets of four and are available – for pre-order currently – in different themes and sizes. Disney has not officially stated (as of the time of this post) that wearing a face mask will be mandatory upon the reopening of their theme parks and Resort hotels, but it could be a strong possibility.
It should also be noted that Disney donated one million cloth face masks for children and families in underserved and vulnerable communities across the U.S. that will be distributed by MedShare. Disney also donated the first $1 million in profits from the sales of their cloth face masks to MedShare to support the medical community's ongoing efforts to provide lifesaving care to those in need.
The first set of cloth face masks features Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in patterned designs that include allover Mickey figure, allover Minnie figure, Minnie faces with polka dots, and allover Mickey icons.
- Size Small Mickey & Minnie Cloth Face Mask Set
- Size Medium Mickey & Minnie Cloth Face Mask Set
- Size Large Mickey & Minnie Cloth Face Mask Set
The Disney Character face masks set features the noses and mouths of some favorite friends – Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, Stitch, and Marie.
- Size Small Disney Character Cloth Face Mask Set
- Size Medium Disney Character Cloth Face Mask Set
- Size Large Disney Character Cloth Face Mask Set
Next up is the Disney Princess set. Designs include The Little Mermaid, Frozen, allover Disney Princess names, and allover Disney Princess figures.
- Size Small Disney Princess and Frozen Cloth Face Mask Set
- Size Medium Disney Princess and Frozen Cloth Face Mask Set
- Size Large Disney Princess and Frozen Cloth Face Mask Set
The PIXAR set has designs that include Forky, allover print of PIXAR characters on a blue background, Mike Wazowski, and an allover print of PIXAR characters on a white background.
- Size Small PIXAR Cloth Face Mask Set
- Size Medium PIXAR Cloth Face Mask Set
- Size Large PIXAR Cloth Face Mask Set
Fear not, Marvel fans, there's a set for you too that includes designs with an allover Marvel logo, allover Black Panther symbols, allover grid with Marvel characters and symbols, and Hulk.
- Size Small Marvel Cloth Face Mask Set
- Size Medium Marvel Cloth Face Mask Set
- Size Large Marvel Cloth Face Mask Set
Last, but certainly not least, is the Star Wars set of face coverings. This set boasts the Child (from The Mandalorian), R2-D2, allover Star Wars symbols, and Star Wars characters.
- Size Small Star Wars Cloth Face Mask Set
- Size Medium Star Wars Cloth Face Mask Set
- Size Large Star Wars Cloth Face Mask Set
Disclosure: Some of the links contained in this article are affiliate links, which means – at no additional cost to you – our site will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.