Disney has announced that Disneyland After Dark will bring two more themed “nites” and even more fun to Disneyland Resort this spring. Let’s take a look at all the details that were released.
Bop into a blast from the past and venture into a galaxy far, far away, as Disneyland After Dark brings two more themed “nites” and even more fun to Disneyland Resort this spring! Returning are Disneyland After Dark: Throwback Nite and Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite. At these popular after-hours events, you’ll enjoy themed entertainment, beloved Disney characters, one-of-a-kind photo opportunities, specialty menu items, merchandise and memories to last a lifetime!
Disneyland After Dark events begin with a three-hour pre-party mix-in from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. PT at Disneyland park, then the private party begins from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. PT, when you may ride some popular attractions after regular park hours! Plus, you’ll receive unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos taken during the party,* along with commemorative keepsakes including a souvenir credential and event guide map, so you’ll always remember your Disneyland After Dark experience!Disney Parks Blog
I have never been to one of these events, but I am intrigued by the Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite only because I love Star Wars and would love to bring out some fun-themed outfits. The other event also seems like it would be a fun and unique experience that Disney fans would love.
Disneyland After Dark: Throwback Nite
April 18 & 20, 2023, at Disneyland Park
This one is the coolest, daddy-o! Don your favorite flashback fashions and join us for Disneyland After Dark: Throwback Nite, an after-hours soiree inspired by the debonair days of the ‘50s and ‘60s. Take a trip down memory lane to relive Disney’s classic past with music and entertainment that pay tribute to the first decade of Disneyland park. Mickey Mouse and his friends will sport retro outfits, along with visits from some nostalgic characters, which will make for great photo moments! Here are some additional highlights of what you’ll enjoy:
Disney Parks Blog
- Gaze upon “Fantasy in the Sky,” a nighttime spectacular giving a nod to the same-named fireworks display that first illuminated the night in Disneyland park in 1957!
- Do the twist, the mashed potato and bunny hop your way to dance parties around Disneyland park with bands and deejays inspired by the era.
- Snack like it’s 1955 with treats that are inspired by the park’s early days, made once again just for this event!
- Picture yourself in vintage photo backdrops of attractions and posters from yesteryear like Skyway or Autopia, and from timeless Disney films captured by Disney PhotoPass photographers at the party.
- Enjoy after-hours access to iconic Disneyland attractions such as Peter Pan’s Flight, Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise.
- Enjoy pre-party mix-in admission to Disneyland park starting at 6 p.m., no theme park reservation required.
This After Dark event seems perfect for those that crave nostalgia and miss the Disney of the past.
Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite
May 2, 4, 8 & 11, 2023, at Disneyland Park
Claim your allegiance at Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite! Galactic and fantastic, this event is back with four “nites” – the most ever – where you can live your own epic Star Wars adventure:
Disney Parks Blog
- Be wowed watching “Star Wars: Celebrate the Nite” as fireworks illuminate the skies above Disneyland park. This pyrotechnic spectacle is set to the powerful music of Star Wars films.
- Prepare for Captain Phasma and her Stormtroopers during the March of the First Order in Tomorrowland, as they search for a Resistance spy.
- You may encounter travelers across the galaxy like Tusken Raiders and Jawas.
- Get ready to master a lightsaber! Attend the Lightsaber Instructional demonstration, where you will learn to handle a lightsaber through a series of elite moves, sure to bring out your inner Jedi!
- Picture yourself in dynamic photo backdrops featuring some of the galaxy’s favorite heroes and villains, captured by Disney PhotoPass photographers at the party.
- Explore themed snacks such as galactic churros and other out-of-this-world sweets!
- Begin your adventure with pre-party mix-in admission to Disneyland park starting at 6 p.m.; no theme park reservation required.
After looking at all the details, it seems that the Star Wars Nite would be absolutely perfect for me. Where else can you meet Jawas and get an instructional demonstration on lightsabers. Would you go representing the Dark Side, The Rebels, or as a Jedi?
Here is some important information that Disney released with this information.
A limited number of these Disneyland After Dark tickets will go on pre-sale for Magic Key holders beginning Feb. 21, 2023 (no earlier than 9 a.m. PT) on Disneyland.com. On Feb. 23, 2023 (no earlier than 9 a.m. PT), tickets will go on sale to the general public and are subject to availability.**Disney Parks Blog
Do you plan on visiting either of these Disneyland After Dark Nites? Let us know in the comments.
Hi, I'm Erica, and I write about all things Disney. Before working for The DIS, I was a theme park performer at SeaWorld, but I also performed at Disney. I have such an immense love for theme parks to the point I studied them in college.