When the holidays start to roll in, and I can’t get to my favorite Disney park, I like to bring some of the magic home instead. I have my holiday decorations and ornaments, my favorite Disney holiday music, and of course, my best Disney treats, freshly made from home. This recipe is an oldie but a goodie; Peppermint Marshmallow Wands look adorable, taste fantastic, and the best part? They are easy to make as well! Are you ready to give them a try? Test out the official Disney recipe from Marceline’s Confectionery in Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort below:
Peppermint Marshmallow Wand: Fluffy marshmallows dipped in caramel and dark chocolate covered in crushed peppermint candy.
Peppermint Marshmallow Wands
Downtown Disney District
- 2 (12 ounce) jars hot caramel topping
- 8 large lollipop sticks
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 (10-ounce bag) dark melting chocolate
- 1 cup crushed peppermints (15 candy canes, crushed)
- Melt caramel in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Keep warm.
- Dip one end of each lollipop stick in 1 inch of water. Skewer 3 marshmallows onto each stick, starting at the wet end.
- Dip marshmallows into caramel, gently tapping to remove excess caramel and place on parchment paper. Cool caramel at room temperature for 30 minutes, until caramel is set.
- Melt dark chocolate in medium saucepan over low heat. Keep warm.
- Place crushed peppermint in shallow bowl.
- Dip caramel-coated marshmallows into melted dark chocolate, gently tapping to remove excess chocolate. Gently roll wand in crushed peppermint; place on clean parchment paper. Repeat for all wands.
- Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes, until chocolate is set.
Note: Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
Zoë Wood is a travel writer from Sydney, Australia. Since her first visit to Disneyland at the age of 6, she has spent her years frequently visiting Disney Parks and traveling around the world.
Join Zoë as she lets you in on all the tips, tricks, anecdotes, and embarrassments that arise from her family adventures.