It’s time to set the family up for your Saturday movie night. This week, we are watching Tangled: The Musical from Disney Cruise Line. Now, we usually would feature our DCL content over on our sister website, DCLFan.com; however, as this is a feature of our Weekend Disney Fun series, we are sharing over here on the DIS! If your family has ever seen the animated film Tangled (2010), they will love this broadway-style live musical adaption introduced to Disney Cruise Line in 2015.
Grab your Rapunzel Popcorn (recipe below) and settle in for a magical night where you and your loved ones are invited into the DCL theatre for an inspired performance of this Disney story.
Rapunzel’s Purple Popcorn – A Disney Recipe
Prep Time 20 min | Cook Time 10 min | Serves 10
- 1 package of popcorn
- 6-7 ounces (1 bag) purple candy melts (found at craft stores)
- Yellow sprinkles of your choice
- Cookie Sheet
- Cast iron skillet or pan like Rapunzel’s
- Pop the popcorn in the microwave according to the package directions. Once it is cooled, place into a large mixing bowl.
- Place purple candy melts into a microwavable bowl and microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute or until fully melted. Caution the candy melt will be very hot.
- Pour the melted candy melt over the popcorn and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- While the popcorn and candy melt mixture is still warm, sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Spread the party popcorn mixture on a cookie sheet and let cool.
- Serve in a cast iron skillet or frying pan like Rapunzel’s for a great Tangled movie night snack.
Zoë Wood is a travel writer from Sydney, Australia. Since her first visit to Disneyland at the age of 6, she has spent her years frequently visiting Disney Parks and traveling around the world.
Join Zoë as she lets you in on all the tips, tricks, anecdotes, and embarrassments that arise from her family adventures.