If you are like me, you might struggle to find ways to keep the weekend menu new and exciting for the family. Between being busy with work and trying to keep everyone at home on the right track, finding the time to search for new ideas can be non-existent. Luckily, I am here to help, doing the leg work for you to find some easy recipes with not too much work or too many ingredients that are sure to impress your fam!
BUFFALO CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH from ABC Commissary at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
BUFFALO CHICKEN FILLING
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce, plus more, to taste
- 2 cups shredded chicken
BUFFALO CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
- 8 large slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices non-smoked provolone cheese
- Buffalo chicken filling
- 8 tablespoons mayonnaise
FOR BUFFALO CHICKEN FILLING:
- Combine cream cheese, Monterey jack cheese, and cheddar cheese in a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until combined. Add hot sauce and beat until incorporated.
- Add chicken and beat for 30 seconds. Add additional buffalo hot sauce, if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
FOR BUFFALO CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH:
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Place 4 slices of sourdough bread on a large cutting board and top each with one slices of provolone cheese. Evenly divide buffalo chicken filling among the 4 sandwiches. Top with remaining slices of provolone and bread.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise on both sides of each sandwich.
- Cook on preheated skillet for 1-2 minutes per side, until desired doneness.
Note: Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
Click here for a print-at-home version of this recipe.
Zoë Wood is a travel writer from Sydney, Australia. Since her first visit to Disneyland at the age of 6, she has spent her years frequently visiting Disney Parks and traveling around the world.
Join Zoë as she lets you in on all the tips, tricks, anecdotes, and embarrassments that arise from her family adventures.