Disney’s Animal Kingdom welcomed a new male baby Masai giraffe back on January 14, 2019, and his name is Jabari, which means ‘brave one’ in Swahili.
Jabari now stands seven-feet tall and is making his debut today on the Kilimanjaro Safari savanna where he will officially join the rest of the giraffe herd. Take a peek at the video below for more on his arrival.
Below is a list of the special offerings guests can find around Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park.
- Guests can climb aboard a safari truck at Kilimanjaro Safaris and try to spot the new calf in his new environment on the savanna. The drivers are excited to tell you all about him.
- A limited-edition cupcake will be available at Tamu Tamu in Africa and will feature a photo of Jabari and his mom, Mara.
- At the entrance to the Harambe bridge, the Disney PhotoPass Photographer will have a special birth announcement prop for guests to pose with.
- Guests can add spots to their faces with new giraffe-themed face-painting options just outside the entrance to Kilimanjaro Safaris in Harambe. There’s also a giraffe-themed pair of Mickey ears available next door in Mombasa Marketplace, as well as plush giraffes and giraffe-themed Tervis Tumblers.
- Also available at Mombasa Marketplace are different pieces of art, including soapstone and wood carvings and artwork by William Silvers and prints by Larry Dotson.
Source: Disney Parks Blog