To remain exempt from major inspection, Central Florida theme parks must list all of their quarterly incidents and injuries with the state. This quarter’s report (April – June 2018) covers a total of 18 incidents/injuries: 15 belonging to Disney and 3 to Universal.
No injuries were reported for SeaWorld, Legoland, or Busch Gardens. Only incidents or illnesses resulting in a hospital stay of 24-hours or more and deaths are reported.
Walt Disney World
- April 18th: Female, 74 – Guest felt ill after riding Mad Tea Party, previously existing condition.
- May 23rd: Female, 68 – Guest felt dizzy after riding Mad Tea Party, previously existing condition.
- June 16th: Male, 15 – Guest experienced chest pain and shortness of breath before and after riding Splash Mountain.
- June 20th: Female, 68 – Guest felt disoriented and had slurred speech after riding Space Mountain, previously existing condition.
- April 17th: Female, 46 – Guest felt dizzy after riding DINOSAUR.
- April 25th: Female, 27 – Guest went into labor after riding Kilimanjaro Safaris.
- May 19th: Male, 26 – Guest experienced a seizure after riding Expedition Everest.
- May 27th: Female, 22 – Guest with a history of dislocating kneecap had a reoccurrence after riding Expedition Everest.
- May 28th: Male, 18 – Guest felt disoriented after riding Flight of Passage, previously existing condition.
- June 7th: Female, 62 – Guest suffered nausea and vomiting on Kilimanjaro Safari, previously existing condition.
- June 17th: Male, 58 – Guest vomited after riding the DINOSAUR attraction, previously existing condition.
- June 10th: Male, 43 – Guest experienced a brief loss of consciousness after riding Mission: SPACE, previously existing medical issues.
- May 6th: Male, 57 – Guest had chest pain and shortness of breath after riding Star Tours, previously existing condition.
- May 23rd: Male, 25 – Guest fractured ankle while going down Mayday Falls water slide.
- June 10th: Male, 70 – Guest had a heart attack and passed away after experiencing Melt-Away-Bay, previously existing heart condition.
- April 19th: Male, 49 – Guest experienced weakness after riding Transformers: The Ride – 3D.
- May 8th: Female, 76 – Guest experienced shoulder and wrist pain during Jurassic Park River Adventure.
- May 16th: Male, 27 – Guest experienced hip/pelvis pain during Tai Nui Serpentine Body Slide.