Disney Media Networks, which includes company owned televisions stations, ABC, ESPN, Disney Channel, and various other cable channels, has announced their participation in a toy drive to benefit Toys for Tots.
The World’s Ultimate Toy Drive will include various activities across the division aimed at inspiring families to give back to less fortunate kids this holiday season. The event continues through December 15th.
Here are just some of the ways the Disney Media Networks are partnering with the U.S. Marine Corp Reserves’ Toys for Toys Foundation:
- Company-owned local ABC stations in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Houston, Raleigh, and Fresno will host community toy drive events.
- Families can donate a toy online through shopDisney.com or at their local Disney Store and Disney will donate an additional $1 to Toys for Tots.
- ESPN will collect toys at the Orlando Invitational, which takes place at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex from November 28th through December 1st.
- The Strahan, Sara & Keke show will head out to the Disney Store in Times Square on November 13th to purchase toys.
- The View is encouraging audience members to bring toys to their November 27th taping.
The campaign began with Tamron Hall announcing a $300,000 donation from The Walt Disney Company during her show on Veterans Day.
Throughout the World’s Ultimate Toy Drive, other ABC and Disney network shows will include storylines that discuss the season of giving and how to support families in need, including The Goldbergs, The Conners, Fresh off the Boat, The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebrations, and Wrap Battle.
The Walt Disney Company has been a supporter of Toys for Tots for over 70 years.