Disneyland has just announced that the Splash Mountain attraction in Critter Country will close permanently on May 31, 2023.
The new attraction will include scenes from the film picking up the story “after the final kiss, and [will] join Princess Tiana and Louis on a musical adventure – featuring some of the powerful music from the film – as they prepare for their first-ever Mardi Gras performance.”
Disney has also shared that Mama Odie will be part of the attraction on both coasts and will be voiced by Jennifer Lewis – the original voice actress for the beloved character!
As depicted in this newly released rendering, Mama Odie jokes with guests along their journey after a special display of her magic. The two-hundred-year-old Bayou Fairy Godmother, with her eccentric belongings and ‘seeing eye snake,’ Juju, is comically eccentric, yet wise and all knowing, throughout the adventure.
We’re so delighted that legendary actress Jenifer Lewis, who starred as the voice of Mama Odie in Walt Disney Animation Studios’ The Princess and the Frog, is once again returning to her role for the attraction.Disney
Here’s a sample of what to expect from this musical adventure:Disney
* Brand-new cast of original Disney characters with distinct names and personalities
* Dozens of entirely new Audio-Animatronics figures
* Adorable critters with incredible talent, bringing the diverse flavors of musical gumbo found in New Orleans!
* New, original music alongside favorite tunes from the film
* Do you love beignets as much as Louis? Well, you’re in luck because the alluring scent of beignets being prepared for the party will be part of the attraction queue!
* Additional talent voices from the film reprising their roles, including Bruno Campos as Prince Naveen, Michael Leon Wooley as Louis, and the one and only Anika Noni Rose as Princess Tiana
* Familiar faces from the film such as Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen, Mama Odie, Louis, Eudora, Charlotte, “Big Daddy,” the King and Queen of Maldonia and Prince Ralphie
Splash Mountain has been delighting Disneyland guests since July 17, 1989.
Senior Editor for the DIS and DCL Fan | Disney Vacation Club Member | Thrilled to have been a '13/'14 Disney Parks Moms Panelist (now planDisney) | Lover of all things Disney; the Magic of Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise Line | ºoº