Star Wars: The Last Jedi will will finally come home on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-Ray on March 27! 2017’s highest grossing film will mark Disney’s first title available in both Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos immersive audio. The digital release in HD, 4K Ultra HD, and via Movies Anywhere will happen on March 13. The Multiscreen Edition will include a Blu-ray and a digital copy, while the 4K UHD Collector’s Edition will include a 4K Ultra HD disc with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, Blu-ray disc, and a digital copy.
Here’s a look at the bonus features you can expect as part of this release:
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
If you haven’t seen our review of Star Wars: The Last Jedi you can check it out below, and remember you can catch it digitally on March 13 or in 4K UHD or Blu-ray Multiscreen Editions on March 27!