Incredibles 2 just passed a box office milestone of $600 million domestically, and the news keeps getting better, because the home release date has now been revealed! The sequel to the hit Disney•Pixar film will be released digitally on October 23 and on Blu-ray, 4K, DVD and On-Demand on November 6.
Incredibles 2 picks up right where the first movie left off, but then shifts focus away from the first film and trains its eyes on Elastigirl stepping to the forefront as the hero, while Mr. Incredible stays at home to care for the family. Violet and Dash are still dealing the events from the first movie, and Jack-Jack’s powers continue to reveal themselves in a bigger way than before! Besides the incredible movie, the home release will also include a ton of bonus features from the all-new Auntie Edna mini-movie that explores the details from Jack-Jack’s sleepover with Edna Mode to the theatrical short released before Incredibles 2 in theaters, Bao. Check out the full list of bonus features below!
Many of you have suggested we show what transpired the night E babysat Jack-Jack. Well, we were WAAAY ahead of you! AUNTIE EDNA, an all-new short directed by i2 story supervisor Ted Mathot will be on the #Incredibles2 in-home release available on Digital 10/23 and Blu-ray 11/6! pic.twitter.com/om5uYjMixH
— Brad Bird (@BradBirdA113) September 5, 2018
Blu-ray & Digital
- All-New “Auntie Edna” Mini-Movie – When Bob Parr visits super-suit designer Edna Mode looking for help with his high-energy toddler Jack-Jack, Edna pulls an all-nighter designing a suit to harness the baby’s seemingly limitless powers.
- 10 Deleted Scenes With Introductions – Suburban Escape, Kari Revisited, Return of the Supers, Chewed Out, Late Audition, Slow Day, Frozone and Honey, Restaurant Robbery, Fashion Show and Security Breakdown.
- Super Stuff – From buildings and vehicles to costumes and props, every action movie requires a lot of really cool stuff. Meet the makers and learn what it takes to design and build such a uniquely incredible world.
- Heroes & Villains – A collection of mini-docs about the backstory and major design ideas behind the “Incredibles 2” characters — featuring voice actors, director Brad Bird, and Pixar artists talking about the many elements that make these characters feel real.
- Ralph Eggleston: Production Designer – This short piece explores the many ways a single production designer has influenced the look, feel and character of the Pixar universe, culminating in “Incredibles 2.”
- Strong Coffee: A Lesson in Animation with Brad Bird – Brad Bird’s passion for animation dates back to his childhood and mentorship under Disney’s Milt Kahl, and that enthusiasm and powerful insight emanates from every film he’s made. Take a deep dive into Brad’s early years at Disney Animation Studios and his time at Pixar.
- Paths to Pixar: Everyday Heroes – At its heart, “Incredibles 2” is about family dynamics and the challenges of being a working parent. Meet the parents of Pixar as they discuss their personal connections to the film and their experience with stretching to balance work and family.
- SuperBaby – A documentary/hip hop music video hybrid hosted by Frankie and Paige from Disney Channel’s Bizaardvark. This piece explores how Jack-Jack came to life onscreen — from design to special effects to animation — all set to a hot beat.
- Commentary – Get inside commentary from animators Alan Barillaro (supervising animator), Tony Fucile (supervising animator, story artist and character designer), Dave Mullins (supervising animator) and Bret Parker (animation second unit and crowds supervisor).
- Theatrical Short: “Bao” – An aging Chinese mom suffering from empty nest syndrome gets another chance at motherhood when one of her dumplings springs to life as a lively, giggly dumpling boy.
- Making “Bao” – Director Domee Shi shares her secret recipe for making an animated short — discussing how her rich cultural heritage, unique relationship with her mom, and her love of food all informed the making of the food-fantasy “Bao.”
- Outtakes & Stories – Raccoon Fight Story, Evelyn Animation Outtakes, Puppet Animator Interview, Outtakes Goofy Arms Story and SuperBaby Music Video.
- Character Theme Songs, Vintage Toy Commercial TV Spots , Toolkit Montage and Global “Incredibles 2” Trailers
- The Coolest Guy in Show Business – In this partially illustrated documentary, Samuel L. Jackson reflects how his childhood and love of comics shaped his passion for film and imaginative storytelling.
- 2 SuperScene Breakdowns – Casual commentary-style pieces looking at specific scenes in the film (The Racoon Fight and Mrs. Incredible) through a particular creative focus like action choreography, set design or story.
On paper, it appears that Incredibles 2 will be packed with plenty of hours worth of entertainment. Incredibles 2 will be available digitally on October 23 and as a 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and Digital Copy), a Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy), DVD, and On-Demand on November 6.