The Disney Parks Blog announced Wednesday that cherished holiday favorites including cheerful entertainment, yuletide treats, specialty merchandise, sparkling décor, and seasonal transformations of select attractions will be returning to the Disneyland Resort in 2021.
The festive merriment is set to begin on November 12, 2021, and will stick around through January 9, 2022 – three days longer than it has in years prior.
Keep reading to see what guests have to look forward to this holiday season at Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, and the Downtown Disney District.
At Disneyland Park
- Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle
- 60-foot Christmas tree on Main Street, U.S.A.
- “A Christmas Fantasy” parade (!!!!)
- “Believe … in Holiday Magic” fireworks spectacular
- Magical snowfall over portions of Main Street, U.S.A.
- Seasonal transformations at “it’s a small world” Holiday and the 20th installation of Haunted Mansion Holiday
At Disney California Adventure Park
- Festival of Holidays with celebrations including Christmas/Navidad, Diwali, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and Three Kings Day
- “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” street party featuring Mexican folklórico dancers and Mariachis, Brazilian samba dancers and percussionists, giant mojiganga puppets, and Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in their fiesta best
- Mirabel from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ upcoming film ‘Encanto’ will debut at Paradise Gardens later in the holiday season (exact date to be announced)
- Holiday décor returns to Cars Land
- Two Cars Land attractions will transform into Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl and Mater’s Jingle Jamboree
Downtown Disney District & Disneyland Resort Hotels
- Holiday décor and carolers abound
- New details on giant gingerbread house coming to Disney’s Grand Californian Resort & Spa
Is a visit to The Happiest Place on Earth during the holiday season on your wish list? Reach out to us at Dreams Unlimited Travel – the official sponsor of the DIS – for a no-obligation quote on your next Disneyland vacation!
Senior Editor for the DIS and DCL Fan | Disney Vacation Club Member | Thrilled to have been a '13/'14 Disney Parks Moms Panelist (now planDisney) | Lover of all things Disney; the Magic of Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise Line | ºoº