The 2022 D23 Expo will bring a plethora of never-before-seen, limited-edition merchandise from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and new items celebrating Disney100. A new, immersive retail experience will debut at this year’s event with the D23 Expo Marketplace. Below, you’ll find everything Disney has shared so far regarding the one-of-a-kind shopping pavilion.
D23 Expo Marketplace
No matter which part of the Disney universe is your favorite, fans of all ages and affinities will be thrilled by the D23 Expo Marketplace – a 27,000-square-foot shopping experience on the D23 Expo show floor. From limited-edition merchandise to the first items celebrating Disney’s 100th Anniversary, you can find it all at the D23 Expo Marketplace! Find the best items from shopDisney, Disney Store, and Disney Parks in one convenient location.
Mickey’s of Glendale
The Walt Disney Imagineering exclusive Mickey’s of Glendale shop is returning to D23 Expo this year, this time with three unique retail spaces tailored to different categories and experiences. The Mickey’s of Glendale Main Store will feature merchandise designed by Imagineers, including hats, T-shirts, accessories, and more. This location will also exclusively feature collections celebrating Walt Disney Imagineering’s upcoming 70th Anniversary, making it a must-see for Imagineering aficionados and Parks fans!
Calling all pin traders – the Mickey’s of Glendale Pin Store is your place to find an assortment of limited-edition pins to add to your collection.
Finally, find official merchandise for D23 Expo 2022 at the D23 Expo Shop x Mickey’s of Glendale. Commemorate your time at this milestone event with Expo exclusive merchandise.
Also returning to D23 Expo 2022 is Disney Publishing — the premiere destination where Disney readers can find first-to-market books. Guests will have the opportunity to meet a variety of beloved authors who will be hosting signings at this location. Appearances include Disney historian and author of 100 Disney Adventures of a Lifetime, Marcy Carriker Smothers, DisneyBound’s Leslie Kay, Shinji Takahashi and Mark of the Coatl’sJulie Kagawa, and Cautionary Tales’ Ridley Pearson.
With so much exciting merchandise to look forward to, we thought we’d highlight a few exclusive collections that will debut at the D23 Expo Marketplace this year.
World of Wakanda: Inspired by the vibrant landscape of Wakanda, this collection from Marvel will celebrate the iconic film Black Panther. This collection will also be available on shopDisney.
Guided by the Light is a collection from Star Wars: The Clone Wars star Ashley Eckstein. Drawing from the journey of Ahsoka Tano, these items highlight the importance of Ahsoka’s strength during times of deep darkness. This collection will also be available on shopDisney.
Don’t miss the premiere of D23 Expo: Disney Munchlings! This brand-new line of plush toys is inspired by tasty treats from Disney Parks Main Street Bakery and will include a scented Mickey Mouse Cinnamon Swirl Bun and Minnie Mouse Wild Strawberry Cupcake. They are almost cute enough to eat! Disney Munchlings will also be available on shopDisney.
Ahead of D23 Expo 2022, be sure to download the Disneyland Resort App. Attendees will be able to sign up for an available boarding group in a virtual queue for D23 Expo Marketplace, Mickey’s of Glendale Main Store, or Mickey’s of Glendale Pin Store using the Disneyland Resort app and scanning a QR code at each store’s entrance. Save time with Merchandise Mobile Checkout, which will be available to pay for items through the app. Finally, to shop select limited-edition items, guests can use the online reservation system, StorePass, prior to the start of D23 Expo. More details on how to get a StorePass reservation will be announced later this summer.
If merchandise is your main interest and you love to hear about the latest in product innovation, listen to your favorite authors, and explore fashion trends, be sure to check out the following panels at D23 Expo 2022:
- Women in Disney Fashion: Step into the minds of major Disney fashion icons as they share an exclusive look at their upcoming Disney collaborations.
- It’s a Small Disney World: Celebrating the Art of Disney Parks: Ever wondered what it’s like to be an official Disney Parks artist? Disney will gather six artists to dive into their art, ideas for the future, and behind-the-scenes insights.
- Cautionary Tales with the Disney Villains: The Imagination of Ridley Pearson: Cautionary Tales authorRidley Pearson and Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline will delight fans and spark creativity with insider Disney stories.
- National Geographic’s 100 Disney Adventures of a Lifetime: From a dessert cruise with firework views to an exclusive dinner in Walt’s Disneyland apartment, discover one-of-a-kind magical Disney experiences in this memorable discussion with expert Marcy Carriker Smothers.
- Hey Disney! — a custom voice assistant built on Amazon’s Alexa technology — will be highlighted on the D23 Expo show floor (stay tuned for more details). Whether at home or in a Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort hotel room, fans will be able to use an Echo device to interact with their favorite Disney, Star Wars, or Pixar characters.
- On the Show Floor: Attendees can also check out activations from Visa, Amazon, Target, Aniplex, BoxLunch, Citizen, Enterprise, Funko/Loungefly, IMAX, Pandora, Ravensburger, and Sunglass Hut, along with many others.
Senior Editor for the DIS and DCL Fan | Disney Vacation Club Member | Thrilled to have been a '13/'14 Disney Parks Moms Panelist (now planDisney) | Lover of all things Disney; the Magic of Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise Line | ºoº