UPDATE 7/7/21: runDisney has announced that the theme of the 2021 Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend will be Disney Villains!
- Disney Wine & Dine 5K | The Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Disney Wine & Dine 10K | Oogie Boogie and Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon | Yzma from Emperor’s New Groove
- Two-Course Challenge | Ursula from The Little Mermaid
General registration for the in-person race at Walt Disney World opens July 13th at 10:00 a.m. Eastern and for the virtual race, registration opens on July 16th at 10:00 a.m. Eastern.
Those who enjoy participating in runDisney marathons at the Walt Disney World Resort will be thrilled to know that in-person races are back beginning in the fall of 2021!
The 2021/2022 season will include the following four events:
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend powered by AfterShokz: November 4-7, 2021
- Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend: January 5-9, 2022
- Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend: February 24-27, 2022
- runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend presented by Otterbox: March 31-April 3, 2022
runDisney is reminding participants that COVID-19 guidelines may change before the return to on-site running and that race weekends may not include every element from previous years.
Some new opportunities for runners have been announced as well:
- runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend: Each race season, the fourth weekend will be the runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend that will include different race themes and distances each year.
- Disney Princess Sunrise Yoga: On the first morning of the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend, runDisney will host Disney Princess Sunrise Yoga in front of Cinderella Castle, before the theme park opens. The professionally led yoga session will be the most magical way to prepare your mind and body for a race!
- Virtual Races: All runDisney races will have a virtual race option, allowing runDisney fans across the country to participate in your favorite races, even if you can’t make it to Walt Disney World to run in person. Runners will be encouraged to run on the same morning of the on-site events, and will receive the same finisher medals!
- Just for Kids: The runDisney Kids Races during each event weekend will become runDisney Kids Adventures, focused on health, fitness, and fun for kids!
The 2021 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend will kick off the season with its theme, Wickedly Delicious, celebrating four favorite Disney villains. The weekend will include a 5K, 10K, half marathon, and Disney Two Course Challenge (both the 10K and the half marathon). The Post-Race Party will cap off the weekend so runners can celebrate their accomplishments with family and friends at EPCOT with exclusive, after-hours access to the park and the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival.
For all the information on pricing and registration dates, head over to runDisney.com.
Senior Editor for The DIS and DCL Fan | Disney Vacation Club Member | Thrilled to have been a '13/'14 Disney Parks Moms Panelist (now planDisney) | Lover of all things Disney; the Magic of Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise Line | ºoº