Mako will be the “tallest, fastest and longest” roller coaster in Orlando and will open in summer 2016. According to WESH.com, “The coaster will be 200-feet tall and reach speeds of 73 mph on a 4,760-foot steel track.”
The events, festivals and concerts listed for 2016 are:
- January 16-31 (Saturdays and Sundays): Wild Days – Guests can meet animal rescuers, enjoy interactive shows and learn about animal rehabilitation and preservation.
- February 13-March 6 (Saturdays and Sundays): Bands, Brew & BBQ – This event combines barbecue from local restaurants, beers from local breweries and live concerts.
- March 12-26 (Saturdays): Praise Wave – Christian concerts on the stage at the Nautilus Theater.
- April 16, 23, May 7, 14 (Saturdays): Viva la Musica – A Latin music and food festival featuring Hispanic bands, artists and Latin foods prepared by SeaWorld executive chef Hector Colon.
- June 11-August 14 (nightly): Summer Nights – The park will stay open later for the celebration, which includes late-night roller coaster rides and a high-energy Shamu show.
- October 1-30 (Saturdays and Sundays): Halloween Spooktacular – Trick or treating, character meet and greets, animal encounters and other activities
- Select days in November and December: Christmas Celebration – Live shows, shopping, food, and decorated trees.
All of these events are included in park admission.
News source: WESH.com
Leah grew up in a little farming town in Illinois, right on the Mississippi River. Her Chicago-born husband, David, left the city for her, and they're now raising their three children (Jacob, Jonah and Lydia) just 12 miles from her hometown. As the Senior Editor of the DIS (wdwinfo.com), Leah spends a lot of time writing about, reading about, and discussing Disney. So, it should come as no surprise that one of her family's favorite ways to spend time is going to Walt Disney World and traveling on Disney Cruise Line. She also enjoys shopping, watching movies with her husband and doing crafts with and for her kids.