Mako will be the “tallest, fastest and longest” roller coaster in Orlando and will open in summer 2016. According to WESH.com, “The coaster will be 200-feet tall and reach speeds of 73 mph on a 4,760-foot steel track.”
The events, festivals and concerts listed for 2016 are:
- January 16-31 (Saturdays and Sundays): Wild Days – Guests can meet animal rescuers, enjoy interactive shows and learn about animal rehabilitation and preservation.
- February 13-March 6 (Saturdays and Sundays): Bands, Brew & BBQ – This event combines barbecue from local restaurants, beers from local breweries and live concerts.
- March 12-26 (Saturdays): Praise Wave – Christian concerts on the stage at the Nautilus Theater.
- April 16, 23, May 7, 14 (Saturdays): Viva la Musica – A Latin music and food festival featuring Hispanic bands, artists and Latin foods prepared by SeaWorld executive chef Hector Colon.
- June 11-August 14 (nightly): Summer Nights – The park will stay open later for the celebration, which includes late-night roller coaster rides and a high-energy Shamu show.
- October 1-30 (Saturdays and Sundays): Halloween Spooktacular – Trick or treating, character meet and greets, animal encounters and other activities
- Select days in November and December: Christmas Celebration – Live shows, shopping, food, and decorated trees.
All of these events are included in park admission.
News source: WESH.com