UPDATE 9/30/22: Walt Disney World has released a phased opening schedule as follows:
Walt Disney World Theme Parks and Water Parks
Walt Disney World theme parks will reopen at the following times on Friday, Sept. 30:
- Magic Kingdom Park 10:00 a.m.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will be offered as scheduled and is sold out at this time
- EPCOT 11:00 a.m.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios 12:00 p.m.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park 1:00 p.m.
Disney Resort Hotel guests and guests staying at other select hotels will receive Early Theme Park Entry prior to the posted times above at each of the Walt Disney World theme parks. Early Theme Park Entry will be available at the following times:
- Magic Kingdom Park 8:00 a.m.
- EPCOT 9:00 a.m.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios 10:00 a.m.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park 11:00 a.m.
Please note: Valid theme park ticket or annual pass and a theme park reservation and resort ID are required.
Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf will also reopen on Friday, Sept. 30 at 3:00 p.m.
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex will be open from 5:00 to 8:00 pm for scheduled events.
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park is temporarily closed with a planned reopening on Sunday, Oct. 2. Winter Summerland Miniature Golf and Fairways Miniature Golf will remain temporarily closed at this time. Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park is currently closed for the season.
Partially used multi-day theme park tickets with a validity window impacted by closure due to Hurricane Ian will be automatically extended to allow use of the remaining unused ticket days through Sept. 30, 2023. In order to enter a park, both a park reservation and valid ticket for the same park on the same date are required.
- Walt Disney World transportation will begin operating as normal on Friday, Sept. 30 and is subject to weather protocols. Transportation will begin operating 30 minutes prior to Early Theme Park Entry for Disney Resort hotel guests and guests staying at other select hotels.
- Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests are encouraged to use their personal transportation when traveling to and from Walt Disney World theme parks, Disney Springs and Fantasia Gardens. Standard theme park parking is included for registered guests of Disney Resort hotels. These guests can also choose to enjoy preferred parking by paying the difference in cost between their included standard parking and preferred parking (difference is currently $20-$25 per day*).
Disney Springs will reopen on Friday, Sept. 30 at 10:00 a.m.
Drawn to Life presented by Cirque du Soleil & Disney is cancelled on Wednesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday, Sept. 29. The 5:30 p.m. show on Friday, Sept. 30 will be rescheduled to begin at 8:00 p.m.
Dining, Enchanting Extras and Special Events
Guests who have existing dining or Enchanting Extras experiences for Friday, Sept. 30 during the Early Theme Park Entry time, will be allowed to enter the park whether or not they are resort guests. Theme park and resort hotel dining locations will return to regular operating hours.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom will continue as scheduled on Friday, Sept. 30 and is currently sold out.
Tour experiences scheduled for Friday, Sept. 30 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park will be cancelled.
If you purchased Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets for the event on Thursday, Sept. 29, 2022 directly from Disney using a credit card, debit card, or Disney Rewards Cards a refund will be automatically processed back to your original form of payment within 7 business days. Please note: refunds may take longer to appear on your statement depending on your financial institution. If you purchased directly from Disney using another method of payment or your purchase included other products, please contact them directly.
If you purchased a Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party ticket from a travel agent, travel wholesaler or other third-party travel seller, please contact your travel seller for further information.
Effective immediately, Disney will not enforce cancellation policies until further notice for dining and other experiences like Savi’s Workshop and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
Performances of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue have been cancelled at this time in light of the temporary closure of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Guests with pre-paid reservations will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Copper Creek Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and the Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort are temporarily closed through Friday, Sept. 30 due to the weather.
- Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa will be closed until Monday, Oct. 3
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will remain temporarily closed at this time.
Guests with current and upcoming reservations will be contacted by Disney directly.
Other Walt Disney World Experiences
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will resume operations with voyages departing
Saturday, Oct. 1.
Note that all reopening timelines are tentative, and subject to safety conditions.
I know we have all been waiting at the edge of our seats to see if Walt Disney World would reopen on September 30th after Hurricane Ian left the state of Florida. Disney just gave us an update.
Disney will be taking a phased approach to reopening the parks and Disney Springs due to the impacts of Hurricane Ian.
Disney also made an update for guests that had their vacations impacted by the storm. This update is for those that purchased multi-day tickets.
Partially used multi-day theme park tickets with a validity window impacted by closure due to Hurricane Ian will be automatically extended to allow use of the remaining unused ticket days through Sept. 30, 2023. In order to enter a park, both a park reservation and valid ticket for the same park on the same date are required.Disney Weather Updates
Stay safe, everyone!
Hi, I'm Erica, and I write about all things Disney. Before working for The DIS, I was a theme park performer at SeaWorld, but I also performed at Disney. I have such an immense love for theme parks to the point I studied them in college.