*DIS Contributors review meals, resort stays, and entertainment that they have paid for during their own vacations. They only utilize discounts and offers if they are available to the general public, such as annual passholder discounts, Tables in Wonderland, or DVC membership discounts. They receive no additional compensation for dining experiences or events, so that they may give their honest opinions about price and value.
What can be better than lounging the day away at Disney’s Beach and Yacht Club’s crowning jewel, Stormalong Bay? Glad you asked! The answer is spending it in your very own private cabana at Stormalong Bay. Our family decided to rent one on our most recent vacation.
Here’s everything you need to know to decide if it is worth it for your family:
- You need to be staying at either Disney’s Beach or Yacht Club to take advantage of cabana rentals.
- There are only a limited number of cabanas, so book as far ahead of time as you can. They can be rented by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.
- Pricing is based on half day or whole day rental, and fluctuates seasonally. Half day rental is offered in the 10am-2pm or 3-7pm time slots, with full day rental from 10am-7pm. Prices start at $149 for the half day option and $249 for the full day. We opted for the half day 10am-2pm slot during our July visit, and it cost us $212 after tax. Be sure to mention any discounts you may be entitled to such as DVC, if applicable.
- Cabanas can accommodate up to six people, and are located on the Yacht Club side of Stormalong Bay. There is a private cabana entrance, and cast members who are devoted entirely to cabana guests are available.
- You can check in for your cabana approximately 15 minutes before your scheduled time. You are advised to bring photo ID. A friendly Disney cast member will then give all members of your party a special wrist band that denotes that you are a cabana guest.
- Upon check in, a cast member will walk you over to your private cabana. You will be greeted with a personalized welcome sign, and your cast member will go over everything with you.
- Your cabana is stocked with a mini fridge of non-alcoholic beverages including water and soda (Sprite, Coke and Diet Coke), and refills are available for the asking. We were also provided with a gorgeous and delicious fresh fruit plate. Also provided is sunscreen, aloe vera gel and H20 brand body lotion for all of your sun care needs. Your cabana is outfitted with all of the comforts including a ceiling fan, wicker cushioned furniture (a couch, two club chairs and two lounge chairs), a TV, bluetooth speaker, charging ports, a safe for storing your valuables, and all of the towels you could ever possibly need.
- But wait, there’s more! You will have your own server from Hurricane Hanna’s Grille (Beach and Yacht Club’s pool bar). The server will come by to take your drink and food orders throughout your stay. You’ll be provided with menus in your cabana for perusing ahead of time. We found our server to be great at making off menu suggestions for drinks that were absolutely delicious.
So, what did we think about our cabana rental? Worth every penny! Not only did it give us a practical place to hide from the early afternoon sun, it gave us a home base at Stormalong Bay where we could recharge after a few turns down the water slide. The fruit plate was gigantic, and was a great and refreshing snack (so skip breakfast if you are planning on renting your cabana during the first half of the day!). The amenities were well thought out, and perfectly appointed. The cast members were some of the friendliest we encountered during our stay. Our drinks and lunch from Hurricane Hanna’s was fairly priced and surprisingly good, and my son’s kids meal was served alongside a shovel and pail, which made for a fun touch.
In our opinion, a half day rental was adequate for us. We had plenty of time to use all of the cabana’s offerings and the pool to our satisfaction. The only downside would be that there were only four cabanas, so during popular times, they may book up well in advance. Also, they are located to the far Yacht Club side of Stormalong Bay, and, if you have children who are likely to want to use the slide or lazy river, take note that they aren’t within sight of the cabanas. However, for the price and everything that you get, renting a cabana is a fun splurge, especially if you plan on spending a day poolside. The amenities and friendliness of the cast members can’t be beat!
Born with the "D" gene and happily passing it along to my son. Still mad that I can't wear my Minnie ears 24/7. Love Dole Whips and Mickey Pretzels with plastic cheese, but think Turkey Legs are overrated. Lives on Long Island, NY but looks forward to annual pilgrimages to WDW.