Disney Parks Blog just released some new food items that will be on the California Grill menu. I have never dined at this restaurant located at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, but I might have to go there to see these new menu items. I eat a plant-based diet, so anytime new plant-based/vegan menu items are released at Walt Disney World, I get excited because that means more food options.
Starting May 26th, these new menu items will be available; adding these plant-based options expands the menu and adds diversity. Having more plant-based options is very helpful for those with dairy allergies or meat allergies. Six plant-based options are being added to the menu, and the chefs were inspired by farm-to-table menus and encouraged creativity while developing these new dishes.
The new dishes
- The Florida Peach and Raspberry Salad: Grilled and fresh peaches, raspberry variations, steel-cut oat granola tart, red onion, and whipped raspberry vinaigrette.
- Vegetable Dumplings: doenjang miso-cola onion sauce, radish, crispy garlic-chili oil, and pickled lotus root.
- House-made Bucatini Cacio e Pepe: sunflower, allium, crispy sunchokes, charred green onions, toasted onions, and sunflower seed-ramp pistou along with house-made bucatini topped with a cashew cream sauce.
- Peas and Carrots Risotto: Heirloom carrots, English peas, green garlic, confit onion, and sweet carrot foam.
- Peanut Butter and Banana Torte: Combines shortbread, peanut ganache, miso-caramel, nut crumbles, and caramelized bananas.
- Lavender Sugar Donuts (Special 50th Anniversary item): Coconut frozen dessert, blueberry gin jam, and pistachio crumble. It’s a spin on the Banana Fritters that used to be on the menu in 2013.
These new menu items look and sound delicious. If I were to visit California Grill, I would order the Vegetable Dumplings and the Lavender Sugar Donuts. It’s my dream to eat here one day so that I can check it off my Disney Bucketlist. Pricing was not in the article Disney released, but the restaurant is in the over $60 per adult ($$$$) category, and at this moment, they have a special menu with specific pricing. The current menu is called California Grill 50th Anniversary Celebration and is $89 per adult and $39 per child.
Have you dined at California Grill before? Let us know in the comments.
Hi, I'm Erica, and I write about all things Disney. Before working for The DIS, I was a theme park performer at SeaWorld, but I also performed at Disney. I have such an immense love for theme parks to the point I studied them in college.