Disney Cruise Line Recreational Activities & Pools
Just because you're on a cruise ship, doesn't mean you can't keep up with your workouts! All the Disney ships are equipped with top of the line recreational areas. There are pools for every age group - from the Mickey Pool for the littlest ones, to the Quiet Cove Pool for adults only. Every kind of sport you can imagine is available - basketball, shuffleboard, ping pong, soccer, volleyball, and even golf! If you just want a traditional workout, visit the Fitness Center and check out the weight machines and ellipticals. Aerobic and yoga classes are offered and personal trainers are available if you need a little guidance.
All of the pools on the Disney Cruise ships are located on deck 9 and are surrounded by lounge chairs. On the outer perimeter there are tables and chairs. At each pool there's a bar area.
Mickey Pool (Wonder)
Designed for the littler Mouseketeers, this pool is in the shape of Mickey's famous profile. One of his "ears" is self contained with continuous filtration and is designed for the swim diaper set. There's a great slide for the kids that's in the shape of Mickey's arm. The area under Mickey's hand has fountains and splash areas for toddlers to enjoy.
Several new interactive features have been added to the pool deck on the Disney Magic. Water play features similar to the Fantasy's AquaLab have been added to the 1,800-square-foot space. Kids can jump around the pop jets, geysers and bubblers. The infants/toddlers splash area has been re-themed around Huey, Dewey, and Louie, Donald's nephews. The Twist N' Spout water slide sends guests twisting back and forth across the ship in 250 feet of twists and turns. This slide is for guests between 38 and 64 inches tall.
Centrally locate on the Disney Magic and Wonder, this is another one of the family pools. On the bottom is a picture of Goofy and there are two large hot tubs for Mom and Dad to enjoy while keeping a watchful eye on the kids.
Mickey pool on the Disney Dream and Fantasy
This family pool is located midship on Deck 11 on the Disney Dream and Fantasy. It has a maximum depth of 5 feet, making it perfect for adults and children alike. Lounge chairs surround the pool and cast members offer activities here throughout the day. This pool is conveniently located near the Mickey Pool so families can enjoy fun in the sun together!
Quiet Cove Pool
This pool and surrounding area is adults only, ages 18 and up. There are two oversized whirlpool spas at one end of the pool making this the perfect spot to relax. On the Wonder there are cascading waterfalls into the pool. On both the Magic and Wonder, Signals, the poolside bar, is a great place to get the cocktail of the day or other tropical libation. On the Dream, the Cove Bar is an elegant swim-up bar. Enjoy your cocktails without even getting out of the water!
Cove Pool on the Disney Dream and Fantasy
This children's water play area on the Dream and Fantasy is next to the Mickey Pool. This 1,500 square foot area is surrounded by glass with a limited number of entrances to prevent kids from "escaping." It is shaded from the sun and is handicapped accessible. Nemo's Reef features Nemo, Dory and Marlin characters that spray water, a mini-size Mr. Ray water slide, and several other interactive features.
The AquaDuck is the first ever water coaster at sea and is found on the Disney Dream and Fantasy ships. 250 yards of transparent tubing sends you twisting and turning over the top decks and out over the sea. This coaster is 765 feet long and features a 4 deck drop. Riders must be 42" tall to ride with someone else, 54" to ride alone. If a rider is under 7 years old, they must ride with someone 14 years of age or older.
These spacious courts are also used as an outdoor activity area for the kid's clubs.
Have you ever played ping pong on a cruise ship? Bring your sense of humor since the movement of the ship can sometimes send you scurrying after your "perfect serve"!
Want to work off last night's dessert? Put on your Nikes and head to the track which is 1/3 of a mile around. Some of the space is enclosed, but for the most part you'll have incredible views while you enjoy your jogging on the Disney Cruise.
Goofy's Sports Deck
- Miniature Golf: This 9-hole course was designed by Goofy and his son, Max, so you may find yourself trying to golf with a crooked club!
- Virtual Sports Simulators: Don't want to play actual sports? How about virtual ones? Digital sports simulators provide virtual games such as soccer, golf, tennis and basketball.
- Sports Courts: The full-size basketball court can be changed to a mini soccer field or volleyball court. Two mini-sized courts are available for the younger kids to play soccer or basketball.
- Other activities: Ping Pong, Foosball tables, and a Walking Track around the Sports Deck. The walking track is .4 miles per lap - 8 laps equal a 5K race.
The Fitness Center onboard the Disney Cruise is a full-service facility that hosts aerobic, yoga and Pilates classes, as well as health seminars. Weight machines, ellipticals, and personal trainers ($75 for a 60 min session) will keep you in great shape while on vacation! The 2,500-square foot Center is open to guests age 18 and older from 6:00 am - 8:00 pm, except on days when the ship is docked.
Showers, lockers, towels and water are provided in the men's and women's changing rooms. On the Disney Magic and Wonder, complimentary ipod shuffles are available for use while working out.
- Disney Dream - Deck 11, Forward
- Disney Fantasy - Deck 11, Forward
- Disney Magic - Deck 9, Forward
- Disney Wonder - Deck 9, Forward
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.