Disney's All Star Movies Resort
Disney's All Star Movies Resort address:
1991 W. Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Phone: (407) 939-7000 | Fax: (407) 939-7111
Maximum persons per Disney All Star Resort room: 4 (plus a child under the age of 3 in a crib)
Number of Rooms: 1920
Room size: 260 Sq Ft.
All Star Movies Room Rates
Disney's All Star Movies Resort Orverview
The All Star Movies Resort features five film-inspired themed areas. Fantasia, Toy Story, 101 Dalmatians, Mighty Ducks and The Love Bug. At the 101 Dalmatians buildings, you'll find a 40 foot tall Pongo and a 35 foot tall Perdita while their spotted pups decorate the railings. There is a fire hydrant covering the outside stairwell, with paw prints and dog bones embedded in the cement walkways.Toy Story lovers will be enchanted by the 35 foot tall Buzz Lightyear and the 25 foot tall Woody. The Green Army Men stand guard at the tops of the building. "Herbie," the loveable VW Beetle, is 5 times its normal size. Sorcerer's paraphernalia such as a giant hat, spell book, broom and bucket, ballerinas and nutcracker soldiers are found adorning the Fantasia buildings. Sports fans will be ready for action with the giant hockey sticks, pucks, nets and duck-billed masks found at the Mighty Ducks buildings. Thirty one foot tall goalie masks cover the outside stairwells.
The All Star Movies resort has 1,920 rooms, with 384 rooms in each section. The rooms all feature a framed poster and border of the building’s movie theme. Each of the guest rooms has either 2 double beds or one king sized bed. Please note that the king bed rooms are handicap accessible. While they can be requested, guests with special needs are given first priority.
Each room has a beverage cooler, nightstand, telephone, small table with 2 chairs, armoire, television, wall mirror, clock radio and an open closet area with shelves on top for extra storage. A vanity area with a single sink and mirror is separate from the tub and commode. Film reel tiles surround the tub and shower curtains adorned with stars enclose the shower area. The light fixtures are shaped like popcorn boxes and star fixtures to further carry out the movie theme. A small key-operated wall safe is located in the closet area. All rooms are equipped with central air conditioning. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing will find a computer data port.
There are 96 handicap equipped rooms that have a larger bathroom with a wheelchair-accessible shower in place of a tub. Non-smoking and connecting rooms may also be requested. The rooms are 260 square feet and sleep 4, or 4 plus a child under the age of 3 in a crib. Bed boards, bed rails and cribs (the pak-n-play variety) can be requested by calling Housekeeping. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $10 per person, per night.
The following are available by calling Housekeeping, but supplies may be limited on some items: irons and ironing boards, hair dryers, extra pillows, blankets and towels. Rooms with a view of the pool or themed courtyards are available.
TIP: The Fantasia, Toy Story and 101 Dalmations sections are considered "preferred" and are higher priced. Those who prefer a lower traffic, quieter area, should request the Love Bug buildings. Guests staying in the Mighty Ducks buildings may find it closer to catch the bus at the stop in front of the All Star Music Resort’s Melody Hall.
- Check-in is at 3 p.m. and checkout is at 11 a.m.
- 96 king bed rooms that are handicapped accessible
- 960 connecting rooms
Fantasia, the main pool, is found between the Fantasia buildings and Cinema Hall. A large Sorcerer Mickey stands ready to work his magic at one end of the pool, where water sprays from his fingers. Between the Mighty Duck buildings, and not far from the 101 Dalmatians buildings, you will find the Duck Pond pool. This pool is hockey-themed with face-off circles painted on the bottom of the pool as well as on the deck, and with Goofy starring as the goalie. A kiddie pool is found beside the Fantasia pool. There are no slides or hot tubs at either of these pools.
Both pools range in depth from 3ft to 5ft. Guests of any of Disney's All-Star Resorts may go to another All-Star Resort to enjoy the swimming pools during their vacation. There are showers, lockers, restrooms, and a laundromat at each pool area. The buildings that house the lockers and restrooms are also themed. Pool hours are from 8am - Midnight with lifeguards on duty from 10am-10pm (quiet hours are from 10pm-Midnight).
In Cinema Hall, the Reel Fun Arcade provides guests with state-of-the-art video games for their enjoyment. Open from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m., the games utilize tokens that a guest can purchase in the arcade. Some of the games reward players with tickets that can be redeemed for prizes. Between the Toy Story buildings and Cinema Hall, you'll find the children's playground where the little ones can burn off some energy.
As a Value resort, the All Star Movies Resort does not have a sit-down restaurant. The World Premiere Food Court offers a bright and spacious atmosphere and has a wide variety of offerings to tempt all taste buds. Five marquee venues, Rialto, Roxy, Grand, Majestic and Lyric, offer hamburgers and other grill favorites, pizza, rotisserie chicken, pasta, barbecued ribs, sandwiches, salads, baked goods, fruit and dinner specials to please your palate from 6 a.m. until 11 p.m. daily. Room service is limited to pizza, salads, soft drinks and beer from 5 p.m. until midnight.
The poolside bar, Silver Screen Spirits, serves a continental breakfast in the morning and sandwiches, snacks and beverages for the remainder of the day.
Disney's All Star Movies Resort has its own bus transportation that may sometimes be shared with the other All Star resorts. Guests will get a Transportation Guide/Map upon checking in with instructions on how to get just about anywhere on property, but here are some of the more popular destinations.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
- Universal Orlando follows Disney's lead and raises ticket prices
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW