Disney's All Star Movies Resort
Disney's All Star Movies Resort address:
1991 W. Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Phone: (407) 939-7000 | Fax: (407) 939-7111
Maximum persons per Disney All Star Resort room: 4 (plus a child under the age of 3 in a crib)
Number of Rooms: 1920
Room size: 260 Sq Ft.
All Star Movies Room Rates
Disney's All Star Movies Resort Orverview
The All Star Movies Resort features five film-inspired themed areas. Fantasia, Toy Story, 101 Dalmatians, Mighty Ducks and The Love Bug. At the 101 Dalmatians buildings, you'll find a 40 foot tall Pongo and a 35 foot tall Perdita while their spotted pups decorate the railings. There is a fire hydrant covering the outside stairwell, with paw prints and dog bones embedded in the cement walkways.Toy Story lovers will be enchanted by the 35 foot tall Buzz Lightyear and the 25 foot tall Woody. The Green Army Men stand guard at the tops of the building. "Herbie," the loveable VW Beetle, is 5 times its normal size. Sorcerer's paraphernalia such as a giant hat, spell book, broom and bucket, ballerinas and nutcracker soldiers are found adorning the Fantasia buildings. Sports fans will be ready for action with the giant hockey sticks, pucks, nets and duck-billed masks found at the Mighty Ducks buildings. Thirty one foot tall goalie masks cover the outside stairwells.
The All Star Movies resort has 1,920 rooms, with 384 rooms in each section. The rooms all feature a framed poster and border of the building’s movie theme. Each of the guest rooms has either 2 double beds or one king sized bed. Please note that the king bed rooms are handicap accessible. While they can be requested, guests with special needs are given first priority.
Each room has a beverage cooler, nightstand, telephone, small table with 2 chairs, armoire, television, wall mirror, clock radio and an open closet area with shelves on top for extra storage. A vanity area with a single sink and mirror is separate from the tub and commode. Film reel tiles surround the tub and shower curtains adorned with stars enclose the shower area. The light fixtures are shaped like popcorn boxes and star fixtures to further carry out the movie theme. A small key-operated wall safe is located in the closet area. All rooms are equipped with central air conditioning. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing will find a computer data port.
There are 96 handicap equipped rooms that have a larger bathroom with a wheelchair-accessible shower in place of a tub. Non-smoking and connecting rooms may also be requested. The rooms are 260 square feet and sleep 4, or 4 plus a child under the age of 3 in a crib. Bed boards, bed rails and cribs (the pak-n-play variety) can be requested by calling Housekeeping. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $10 per person, per night.
The following are available by calling Housekeeping, but supplies may be limited on some items: irons and ironing boards, hair dryers, extra pillows, blankets and towels. Rooms with a view of the pool or themed courtyards are available.
TIP: The Fantasia, Toy Story and 101 Dalmations sections are considered "preferred" and are higher priced. Those who prefer a lower traffic, quieter area, should request the Love Bug buildings. Guests staying in the Mighty Ducks buildings may find it closer to catch the bus at the stop in front of the All Star Music Resort’s Melody Hall.
- Check-in is at 3 p.m. and checkout is at 11 a.m.
- 96 king bed rooms that are handicapped accessible
- 960 connecting rooms
Fantasia, the main pool, is found between the Fantasia buildings and Cinema Hall. A large Sorcerer Mickey stands ready to work his magic at one end of the pool, where water sprays from his fingers. Between the Mighty Duck buildings, and not far from the 101 Dalmatians buildings, you will find the Duck Pond pool. This pool is hockey-themed with face-off circles painted on the bottom of the pool as well as on the deck, and with Goofy starring as the goalie. A kiddie pool is found beside the Fantasia pool. There are no slides or hot tubs at either of these pools.
Both pools range in depth from 3ft to 5ft. Guests of any of Disney's All-Star Resorts may go to another All-Star Resort to enjoy the swimming pools during their vacation. There are showers, lockers, restrooms, and a laundromat at each pool area. The buildings that house the lockers and restrooms are also themed. Pool hours are from 8am - Midnight with lifeguards on duty from 10am-10pm (quiet hours are from 10pm-Midnight).
In Cinema Hall, the Reel Fun Arcade provides guests with state-of-the-art video games for their enjoyment. Open from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m., the games utilize tokens that a guest can purchase in the arcade. Some of the games reward players with tickets that can be redeemed for prizes. Between the Toy Story buildings and Cinema Hall, you'll find the children's playground where the little ones can burn off some energy.
As a Value resort, the All Star Movies Resort does not have a sit-down restaurant. The World Premiere Food Court offers a bright and spacious atmosphere and has a wide variety of offerings to tempt all taste buds. Five marquee venues, Rialto, Roxy, Grand, Majestic and Lyric, offer hamburgers and other grill favorites, pizza, rotisserie chicken, pasta, barbecued ribs, sandwiches, salads, baked goods, fruit and dinner specials to please your palate from 6 a.m. until 11 p.m. daily. Room service is limited to pizza, salads, soft drinks and beer from 5 p.m. until midnight.
The poolside bar, Silver Screen Spirits, serves a continental breakfast in the morning and sandwiches, snacks and beverages for the remainder of the day.
Disney's All Star Movies Resort has its own bus transportation that may sometimes be shared with the other All Star resorts. Guests will get a Transportation Guide/Map upon checking in with instructions on how to get just about anywhere on property, but here are some of the more popular destinations.
- Anna and Elsa meet and greet moves to Magic Kingdom today - These popular princesses will no longer be seen in Epcot's Norway pavilion.
- Planning to be at Disney World on Easter? - List of church services, dinners and special activities taking place at Walt Disney World on Easter.
- Blog - Ranking our 5 Senses in Disney's Theme Parks
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19 - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down - Tickets, which can be reserved in advance, include one beverage and a selection of light snacks.
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses - Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course will be closed 5/21 - 6/4/2014.
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance - Onsite resort guests and guests at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and offsite guests can make their reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu - Prices have increased by about 50 cents per sandwich. New sandwiches have been added and others have been removed.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos! - Guests will save up to 35% on their room, plus get free Memory Maker digital photos. Discount is valid for travel between 6/16/14 - 8/2/14.
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20 - The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more - In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot.
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts - List of events planned at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released - List of times for parades, fireworks, and park hours.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab - The attraction will be closed 4/7-4/9/14.
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips! - Surprising the kids with a Disney vacation is part of the thrill for some parents. Others would love to do it, but aren’t sure how to pull it off. Here are some different approaches to creating that special surprise for your family!
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant - For this special evening, guests will dine at the exclusive Markham's restaurant at Disney's Golden Oak Club, Walt Disney World's private residential community.
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series - The Sounds Like Summer Concert Series features some of the greatest tribute bands rockin' to U2, The Bee Gees, the Eagles and many more during select nights from June to July.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale - Disney's Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - The American Adventure, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - Italy, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World - Prices have increased $2 for each category.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame, February 12, 2014 - Morning
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members - Discounted tickets are available for performances April 1-May 10 and May 27-June 28, 2014.
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway - The Exotic Driving Experience and 2014 Rolex 24 winner Christian Fittipaldi are putting on a half-day racing event at the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display - This is the third year the resort has hosted the display of hand-painted edible Easter eggs; the eggs are 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios! - For a limited time, guests will have the opportunity to dine with Star Wars characters or Disney characters dressed up in their Star Wars costumes.
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30 - A new restaurant will open in its place this fall.
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends! - This will be the actor's first appearance at Star Wars Weekends.
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - The resort will be celebrating a PEEPtastic week 4/16 - 4/20/14.
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design - "Mickey's Perfect Petals" will be showcased at the brunch and will be available for purchase.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The upcoming Maleficent film, starring Angelina Jolie, opens in theaters May 30. Theme park guests can see an extended preview of the film beginning April 18 and running through mid-June.
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney - The Food Truck Park is currently under construction and should open this summer between Bongos and Starbucks.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Disney one of the world's most disappointing destinations?
- Universal Orlando painters sent to hospital
- Kickstarter campaign hopes to raise money for "Dark Side of Disney" film
- Disney plans four Star Wars children's books
- SeaWorld Orlando offers summer camps for kids
- Walt Disney World offers new contract to unions
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
- SeaWorld to host Viva la Musica Festival
- Disney plans baseball pitching contest for $1 million prize
- Court denies SeaWorld's appeal of OSHA ruling
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 7:00
10:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios