Disney's All Star Sports Resort
Disney's All Star Sports Resort address:
1701 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Check In: 4:00pm Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 1920
Maximum persons per Disney All Star Resort room: 4 (plus a child under the age of 3 in a crib)
Total Number of rooms: 1920
Room size: 260 Sq. Ft.
All Star Sports Room Rates
Disney's All Star Sports Resort Overview
End Zone Food Court closed 8/5/2013- 12/26/2013. There will be transportation from the porte cochere to All Star Music or All Star Movies to dine in the Intermission Food Court or World Premier Food Court. The Arcade will be closed 7/31/2013- 12/26/2013. It is being used as a temporary Food Court with "Grab & Go" items.
Sports enthusiasts on a budget find a lot to cheer about at Disney's All Star Sports Resort. If you are looking for an affordable resort option that allows you to take advantage of the onsite resort perks, a Disney All Star Resort is the place for you!
At the All Star Sports Resort, bigger is better. You'll find bright, bold and colorful pop art icons such as a 4-story football helmet, giant "tennis ball can" and megaphone-shaped stairwells.
The five featured sports themes are: football, tennis, baseball, basketball and surfing. The two 3-story Touchdown buildings face each other across the football field. Giant helmets (large enough to fit a 200-foot tall football player) enclose the stairwells.
Wimbledon, step aside. The Center Court tennis-themed buildings have 51 foot tall racquets that are large enough to cover an entire tennis court! You'd need them to lob the 5 foot wide tennis balls across the court. It's no wonder that a very frustrated Donald Duck scowls at you from across the net.
At the Home Run Hotel, the super-sized bats, stadium lights and scoreboards help get visitors in the spirit of things. At the center is the baseball diamond shaped pool with Goofy on the pitcher's mound. Going to the game? You'd better be thirsty. The giant Coke cups could hold more than 20 million 12-ounce cans.
Shoot and score at the Hoops Hotel. The buildings have basketballs frozen in motion as three pointers meet their mark. Play fair unless you want the ref to use the 60 foot long whistle. Cheering your team on is easy, if you can wield a 45 foot high megaphone.
Kowabunga! The Surfs Up buildings are decorated with colorful surfboards,
red snappers and dolphins.
Watch out, sharks have been spotted. If the 38-foot fins, are any indication, you'll be in the water with a 300 foot long predator. Not to worry, you'll be hanging ten with the best of them when staying in this fun section.
You check into the All Star Sports Resort in Stadium Hall. From the moment you arrive, the fun theme is evident. This is the main lobby, arcade, food court and gift shop rolled into one.
Everyone is on top of their game after a stay at the All Star Sports.
Each of the All Star Resorts has 1920 rooms. These rooms are slightly smaller than the rooms at the moderate resorts (260 square feet as opposed to 314 square feet). A typical room has 2 double beds (or one king sized bed), a beverage cooler, small table with 2 chairs, television, nightstand, telephone, dresser, wall mirror, luggage rack, closet area, themed light fixtures (megaphones or stars) and a clock radio. The bathrooms have a single sink and mirror in a vanity area that is separate from the tub and commode. A small key-operated wall safe to hold your valuables is located in the closet area. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing will find a computer data port near the nightstand and you do not have to disconnect the telephone to use it.
Rooms with a king-sized bed are also available, but these are the handicapped accessible rooms which have larger bathrooms with a wheel-chair accessible shower instead of a tub. All rooms are equipped with central air conditioning.
Roll-away cots may be requested for siblings who do not wish to share a bed, (there is a $15 per night charge for this). Also available are bed rails and cribs (the pack-n-play variety) call Housekeeping to request. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $10 per person, per night.
The following are available by calling Housekeeping, but supplies may be limited on some items: irons and ironing boards, hair dryers, extra pillows, blankets and towels
TIP: If you want a room close to the food court and bus stop, request the Surfs Up or Touchdown buildings. If you want a little quieter location, request Hoops Hotel or Center Court.
- Check-in time is 4 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m. Guests may check in as early as 8 a.m. and if the room is not ready, store your bags with Luggage Services and head for the theme parks.
- 96 king bed rooms, 50% are handicapped accessible
- 960 connecting rooms
The two pools at Disney's All Star Sports Resort are surfing and baseball themed. The main pool, Surfboard Bay pool, is located behind the Stadium Hall (the resort's central area). Giant shark fins, surfboards and waves circle the pool area. The Surfboard bay pool is shaped like a wave.
The Grand Slam pool is the quiet pool and is located in front of the Home Run hotel. It is shaped like a baseball diamond with an "outfield" sundeck and a water-sprinkling Goofy “pitching” from the center of the pool.
There are no slides or hot tubs at either of these pools. Both pools range in depth from 3ft to 5ft. Chaise lounges, tables and chairs are found around the pool for your relaxation pleasure. Guests of any of Disney's All-Star Resorts may go to another All-Star Resort to enjoy the swimming pools during their vacation. There are showers, lockers, restrooms, and a laundromat at each pool area.
The buildings that house the lockers and restrooms are also themed. Pool hours are from 8am - Midnight with lifeguards on duty from 10am-10pm (quiet hours are from 10pm-Midnight).
TIPS: Guests must bring the towels from their rooms for use at the pool and call housekeeping for additional towels for your room to replenish your supply. Life jackets are provided free of charge and can be picked up at the pool area. Check out the back of the lifeguard stands for park hours and weather information.
For those who like to be active, there is a jogging path at the All Star Sports. The Game Point Arcade, a state-of-the-art video arcade located in Stadium Hall, will provide hours of entertainment for kids of all ages. The games utilize tokens that a guest can purchase in the arcade. Some of the games reward players with tickets that can be redeemed for prizes. Between buildings 6 and 7, you will find the children's playground and the interior courtyards are themed like a football field and an enormous tennis court, and these act as secondary play areas.
While there is no sit down restaurant here, there is the End Zone Food Court that seats 550 people. Decorated with football and surfing scenes, giant sports figures are found atop the red, green and blue dining booths. Pizza, pasta, barbecue ribs, fruit, sandwiches, hamburgers, rotisserie chicken, baked goods, kids' favorites such as macaroni and cheese and chicken fingers, and "Blue Plate" specials are the featured fare here. Hours are usually 6 a.m. to midnight. Room service is limited to pizza, salads, soft drinks, and beer and this may be ordered from 5 p.m. to midnight. Also, you can purchase a refillable mug at the End Zone food court. This mug will allow you unlimited refills of coffee or soda for the duration of your stay, and can be used at any of the All-Star resorts.
FINDING YOUR WAY AROUND:
The first resort you come to on West Buena Vista Drive is the All Star Sports Resort. The lobby building is called Stadium Hall and houses the front desk and Guest Services, the End Zone Food Court, Game Point Arcade and the gift shop named Sport Goofy Gifts & Sundries.
The guest rooms are located in 10 buildings divided into 5 sections.The first section you come to as you exit Stadium Hall is Surf’s Up! The buildings in this section are #1 and #6. The main swimming pool, called Surfboard Bay, is located between these two buildings.
As you continue away from Stadium Hall past the Surf’s Up! section, you will come to the Hoops Hotel on the right in buildings #2 and #3, and to the left is Center Court in Buildings #4 and #5.You will find the Touchdown! section to the left as you exit Stadium Hall contained in buildings #7 and #10. Just beyond Touchdown!, you will find buildings #8 and #9 which make up the Home Run Hotel section.
The second swimming pool, called Grand Slam
Pool, is located between the buildings of the Home
Run Hotel section. The playground at All Star Sports is located
between buildings #6 and #7.
In keeping with Disney’s eye for detail in theming, the palm trees are arranged to look like a basketball team at tip-off.
If you buy your milk in the gift shop, it is less expensive than that found in the food court.
If you would like to be in a certain building, note it on your reservation before your arrival. While not guaranteed, they will do their best to accommodate you.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services
- Valet Service Cleaning
- Coin Laundry facilities
- Express Check Out
- Refillable Mugs for sale
- Luggage Service (runs on hourly drop-off system)
- Sport Goofy Gift and Sundries shop
- Voice Mail
- Team Spirits Poolside bar
- Free Wireless Internet
- Magic Kingdom Park: Take the Magic Kingdom Park bus
- Epcot: Take the Epcot bus
- Disney's Hollywood Studios: Take the Disney's Hollywood Studios bus
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Take the Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park bus
- Downtown Disney Marketplace, Downtown Disney West Side, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island: Take the Downtown Disney bus
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: Take Downtown Disney bus
Blizzard Beach Water Park: Take the Disney's Blizzard
Beach Water Park bus
For the most part, each of the All Star Resorts has buses dedicated to run from that resort to the park and return. However, at some times during the day, the buses from a park may drop guests off at all 3 resorts. This is especially true at night after a park closes.
- Opened April 29, 1994
- Covers 90 acres of property
- Surfboard Bay pool holds 242,471 gallons of water while the Grand Slam pool holds 119,590 gallons
- The silver star by the Surfboard Bay pool is 46 feet high and weighs over 33,000 pounds
- The tennis-can-covered stairwell could hold approximately 9,474,609 regulation size tennis balls
- Beaches and Cream will begin accepting reservations December 18 - This small soda fountain restaurant serves burgers, sandwiches and their signature ice cream desserts.
- Limited Time Magic: Secret Santa Week - Visit the Town Square Christmas Tree on Main Street and see Duffy in his Christmas outfit. Other Disney characters will be located around the park. Get a special decorated keepsake card from each one as a souvenir.
- Limited Time Magic: Tour the Magic Kingdom with Phil Holmes - 25 lucky guests will get to tour the park with current Vice President Phil Holmes.
- Blog - Best Places to View EPCOT’s Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
- VIDEO: Holiday Storytellers - The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs - New to Holidays Around The World 2013 at Epcot in 2013 are the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs. The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs play multiple sets each day filled with Christmas songs done the Canadian way on the Mill Stage.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jonathan Groff from FROZEN
- Guests at All Star Resorts will no longer receive Key to the World cards - As of 12/2/13, guests at All Star Sports Resort will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in. This will begin at All Star Music on 12/4/13 and at All Star Movies on 12/6/13. This system is already in place at Pop Century.
- VIDEO: it's a small world Holiday Full POV Ride-Through - The happiest cruise that ever sailed gets even merrier for the holidays. it's a small world, the 1964 World's Fair attraction that came to Disneyland in 1966, gets a full overlay for the holiday season including decorations and a new soundtrack!
- Atlanta Braves spring training tickets now on sale - The Atlanta Braves return to ESPN Wide World of Sports for their annual spring training. Tickets are first come/first served and the games take place at Champion Stadium.
- Blog - Give Kids the World Village and Giving Tuesday December 3, 2013
- VIDEO: Gran Fiesta Tour POV Ride-Through - Donald Duck disappears on his way to a Three Caballeros performance in Mexico City and his friends, José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles, set out to search for him.
- Blog - Brewing Now: Joffrey’s Disney Parks Collection of Coffees
- Blog - A Brit’s Perspective – Visiting the UK in Orlando
- Specialty food and drink offered for holidays at Epcot - New this holiday season, each country will be serving a specialty food and drink.
- New bus loop at Magic Kingdom open - In addition to regular single stops, there are several double stops that will accommodate two regular buses or one of the new articulated buses.
- Limited Time Magic: Donate a Duffy the Disney Bear to Toys for Tots - Visit the Once Upon a Toy store or the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney and with every $5 purchase, Disney will donate a Duffy the Disney Bear toy to Toys for Tots.
- Limited Time Magic: Jolly Year of the Ear - Celebrate the season in style with Santa Mickey and Minnie Santa ear hats - only available for a short time at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom.
- Times and dates for Epcot holiday storytellers - Each country has its own special theme that highlights its culture. Storytellers will delight you with tales of their heritage and how the holidays are celebrated in their homeland.
- VIDEO: "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen in Celebrate the Magic - This holiday season, "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen is featured in Celebrate the Magic, the nighttime projection show on Cinderella Castle.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Happy Thanksgiving from the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom: Turnstile-Free!
- New holiday entertainment for the Canada pavilion at Epcot - Follow the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs on a musical tour to discover the country's holiday customs.
- Blog - Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights 101
- Royal Caribbean is offering a $200 Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit! - The offer is only available for booking on December 2, 3 and 4, 2013.
- Disney Vacation Club members offered event at Splitsville Luxury Lanes - On December 2 and 9 from 5-6:45pm, the experience will include bowling, shoe rental, a shared appetizer, an entree (or kids' meal), a signature beverage and a special DVC gift.
- Several rehabs added for early 2014 - The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Festival of the Lion King, Kali River Rapids, and the Studio Backlot Tour have all been added to the rehab list.
- Aulani named Best for Families by Fodor's Travel - Aulani was recently named "Best for Families" by Fodor's Travel in their "Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts for 2013" list.
- Blog - Review: “Frozen”
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Limited Time Magic: Thanksgiving Treats Available - Special treats will be available at various locations in the theme parks.
- New Year's Eve dining info for Swan and Dolphin Hotels - The restaurants of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will be offering special New Year's Eve menus.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 37% at select hotels - Discount is valid for travel between 1/4/14-3/18/14, 3/14/14-3/29/14, 1/19/14-3/13/14 and 3/30/14-4/12/14.
- Blog - Why I’m excited to take my baby on a Disney Cruise!
- Limited Time Magic: Jingle Cruise poster giveaway - Celebrate the Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park with a complimentary mini poster while supplies last.
- Several rehabs scheduled for the Magic Kingdom - Among the closings are The Plaza Restaurant, Pinocchio Village Haus, Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover, Barnstormer, and the Liberty Square Riverboat.
- Blog - Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts
- The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special to return? - Rumors are that the popular holiday version of The Comedy Warehouse will be returning to Hollywood Studios this year.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE: Nikon becomes the Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- VIDEO: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2013 - What happens when you combine one 30,000 pound, 65 foot tree, one 40 foot star, 5500 twinkling lights, 430 feet of garland, 325 ornaments, 275 feet of strung popcorn, 400 flickering candles, 135 candy canes, 100 gingerbread cookies and the Disney Characters? Why, you have the perfect recipe for Christmas at the Magic Kingdom!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Photography - Creative photos from Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Christmas dining options for Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Christmas menus.
- Thanksgiving dining options at Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Thanksgiving menus.
- New looks available for the holidays at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Now through 1/3/14, little girls can choose from a Frozen Package or a Holiday Minnie Package.
- Santa Claus comes to Downtown Disney - At the Marketplace, you'll find Santa Claus waiting to greet you at his chalet in front of the World of Disney store.
- VIDEO: Josh Gad - Voice of Olaf in "Frozen" - Interview - Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in "Frozen" and "World of Color - Winter Dreams" and Tony Award nominee for "The Book of Mormon", takes a few minutes to talk about how important it was to work on a Disney film that led to a theme park experience and the music behind it all.
- All guests at Pop Century will now use MagicBands - As of 11/14/13, guests at Pop Century will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in.
- Heart is the third musical group to cancel SeaWorld performance
- Willie Nelson backs out of SeaWorld Orlando's Bands, Brew & BBQ event
- Disney obtains distrbution rights to future Indiana Jones films
- Family sues Disney when woman dies from complications after a fall
- Disney's PhotoPass+ changing to Memory Maker
- WestJet debuts Sorcerer Mickey plane
- Seaworld Orlando's Shamu show closes for 3 months
- Barenaked Ladies cancels SeaWorld concert due to animal rights issue
- 12-year-old girl protests SeaWorld parade float
- SeaWorld plans several events for early 2014
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|8:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:30
11:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom