Disney's All Star Sports Resort
Disney's All Star Sports Resort address:
1701 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Check In: 4:00pm Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 1920
Maximum persons per Disney All Star Resort room: 4 (plus a child under the age of 3 in a crib)
Total Number of rooms: 1920
Room size: 260 Sq. Ft.
All Star Sports Room Rates
Disney's All Star Sports Resort Overview
Sports enthusiasts on a budget find a lot to cheer about at Disney's All Star Sports Resort. If you are looking for an affordable resort option that allows you to take advantage of the onsite resort perks, a Disney All Star Resort is the place for you!
At the All Star Sports Resort, bigger is better. You'll find bright, bold and colorful pop art icons such as a 4-story football helmet, giant "tennis ball can" and megaphone-shaped stairwells.
The five featured sports themes are: football, tennis, baseball, basketball and surfing. The two 3-story Touchdown buildings face each other across the football field. Giant helmets (large enough to fit a 200-foot tall football player) enclose the stairwells.
Wimbledon, step aside. The Center Court tennis-themed buildings have 51 foot tall racquets that are large enough to cover an entire tennis court! You'd need them to lob the 5 foot wide tennis balls across the court. It's no wonder that a very frustrated Donald Duck scowls at you from across the net.
At the Home Run Hotel, the super-sized bats, stadium lights and scoreboards help get visitors in the spirit of things. At the center is the baseball diamond shaped pool with Goofy on the pitcher's mound. Going to the game? You'd better be thirsty. The giant Coke cups could hold more than 20 million 12-ounce cans.
Shoot and score at the Hoops Hotel. The buildings have basketballs frozen in motion as three pointers meet their mark. Play fair unless you want the ref to use the 60 foot long whistle. Cheering your team on is easy, if you can wield a 45 foot high megaphone.
Kowabunga! The Surfs Up buildings are decorated with colorful surfboards,
red snappers and dolphins.
Watch out, sharks have been spotted. If the 38-foot fins, are any indication, you'll be in the water with a 300 foot long predator. Not to worry, you'll be hanging ten with the best of them when staying in this fun section.
You check into the All Star Sports Resort in Stadium Hall. From the moment you arrive, the fun theme is evident. This is the main lobby, arcade, food court and gift shop rolled into one.
Everyone is on top of their game after a stay at the All Star Sports.
Each of the All Star Resorts has 1920 rooms. These rooms are slightly smaller than the rooms at the moderate resorts (260 square feet as opposed to 314 square feet). A typical room has 2 double beds (or one king sized bed), a beverage cooler, small table with 2 chairs, television, nightstand, telephone, dresser, wall mirror, luggage rack, closet area, themed light fixtures (megaphones or stars) and a clock radio. The bathrooms have a single sink and mirror in a vanity area that is separate from the tub and commode. A small key-operated wall safe to hold your valuables is located in the closet area. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing will find a computer data port near the nightstand and you do not have to disconnect the telephone to use it.
Rooms with a king-sized bed are also available, but these are the handicapped accessible rooms which have larger bathrooms with a wheel-chair accessible shower instead of a tub. All rooms are equipped with central air conditioning.
Roll-away cots may be requested for siblings who do not wish to share a bed, (there is a $15 per night charge for this). Also available are bed rails and cribs (the pack-n-play variety) call Housekeeping to request. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $10 per person, per night.
The following are available by calling Housekeeping, but supplies may be limited on some items: irons and ironing boards, hair dryers, extra pillows, blankets and towels
TIP: If you want a room close to the food court and bus stop, request the Surfs Up or Touchdown buildings. If you want a little quieter location, request Hoops Hotel or Center Court.
- Check-in time is 4 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m. Guests may check in as early as 8 a.m. and if the room is not ready, store your bags with Luggage Services and head for the theme parks.
- 96 king bed rooms, 50% are handicapped accessible
- 960 connecting rooms
The two pools at Disney's All Star Sports Resort are surfing and baseball themed. The main pool, Surfboard Bay pool, is located behind the Stadium Hall (the resort's central area). Giant shark fins, surfboards and waves circle the pool area. The Surfboard bay pool is shaped like a wave.
The Grand Slam pool is the quiet pool and is located in front of the Home Run hotel. It is shaped like a baseball diamond with an "outfield" sundeck and a water-sprinkling Goofy “pitching” from the center of the pool.
There are no slides or hot tubs at either of these pools. Both pools range in depth from 3ft to 5ft. Chaise lounges, tables and chairs are found around the pool for your relaxation pleasure. Guests of any of Disney's All-Star Resorts may go to another All-Star Resort to enjoy the swimming pools during their vacation. There are showers, lockers, restrooms, and a laundromat at each pool area.
The buildings that house the lockers and restrooms are also themed. Pool hours are from 8am - Midnight with lifeguards on duty from 10am-10pm (quiet hours are from 10pm-Midnight).
TIPS: Guests must bring the towels from their rooms for use at the pool and call housekeeping for additional towels for your room to replenish your supply. Life jackets are provided free of charge and can be picked up at the pool area. Check out the back of the lifeguard stands for park hours and weather information.
For those who like to be active, there is a jogging path at the All Star Sports. The Game Point Arcade, a state-of-the-art video arcade located in Stadium Hall, will provide hours of entertainment for kids of all ages. The games utilize tokens that a guest can purchase in the arcade. Some of the games reward players with tickets that can be redeemed for prizes. Between buildings 6 and 7, you will find the children's playground and the interior courtyards are themed like a football field and an enormous tennis court, and these act as secondary play areas.
While there is no sit down restaurant here, there is the End Zone Food Court that seats 550 people. Pizza, pasta, barbecue ribs, fruit, sandwiches, hamburgers, rotisserie chicken, baked goods, kids' favorites such as macaroni and cheese and chicken fingers, and "Blue Plate" specials are the featured fare here. There are several stations for guests to customize their meals, including create-your-own pasta, salad and burger stations. Hours are usually 6 a.m. to midnight. Room service is limited to pizza, salads, soft drinks, and beer and this may be ordered from 5 p.m. to midnight. Also, you can purchase a refillable mug at the End Zone food court. This mug will allow you unlimited refills of coffee or soda for the duration of your stay, and can be used at any of the All-Star Resorts.
FINDING YOUR WAY AROUND:
The first resort you come to on West Buena Vista Drive is the All Star Sports Resort. The lobby building is called Stadium Hall and houses the front desk and Guest Services, the End Zone Food Court, Game Point Arcade and the gift shop named Sport Goofy Gifts & Sundries.
The guest rooms are located in 10 buildings divided into 5 sections.The first section you come to as you exit Stadium Hall is Surf’s Up! The buildings in this section are #1 and #6. The main swimming pool, called Surfboard Bay, is located between these two buildings.
As you continue away from Stadium Hall past the Surf’s Up! section, you will come to the Hoops Hotel on the right in buildings #2 and #3, and to the left is Center Court in Buildings #4 and #5.You will find the Touchdown! section to the left as you exit Stadium Hall contained in buildings #7 and #10. Just beyond Touchdown!, you will find buildings #8 and #9 which make up the Home Run Hotel section.
The second swimming pool, called Grand Slam
Pool, is located between the buildings of the Home
Run Hotel section. The playground at All Star Sports is located
between buildings #6 and #7.
In keeping with Disney’s eye for detail in theming, the palm trees are arranged to look like a basketball team at tip-off.
If you buy your milk in the gift shop, it is less expensive than that found in the food court.
If you would like to be in a certain building, note it on your reservation before your arrival. While not guaranteed, they will do their best to accommodate you.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services
- Valet Service Cleaning
- Coin Laundry facilities
- Express Check Out
- Refillable Mugs for sale
- Luggage Service (runs on hourly drop-off system)
- Sport Goofy Gift and Sundries shop
- Voice Mail
- Team Spirits Poolside bar
- Free Wireless Internet
- Magic Kingdom Park: Take the Magic Kingdom Park bus
- Epcot: Take the Epcot bus
- Disney's Hollywood Studios: Take the Disney's Hollywood Studios bus
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Take the Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park bus
- Downtown Disney Marketplace, Downtown Disney West Side, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island: Take the Downtown Disney bus
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: Take Downtown Disney bus
Blizzard Beach Water Park: Take the Disney's Blizzard
Beach Water Park bus
For the most part, each of the All Star Resorts has buses dedicated to run from that resort to the park and return. However, at some times during the day, the buses from a park may drop guests off at all 3 resorts. This is especially true at night after a park closes.
- Opened April 29, 1994
- Covers 90 acres of property
- Surfboard Bay pool holds 242,471 gallons of water while the Grand Slam pool holds 119,590 gallons
- The silver star by the Surfboard Bay pool is 46 feet high and weighs over 33,000 pounds
- The tennis-can-covered stairwell could hold approximately 9,474,609 regulation size tennis balls
- Full list of celebrities attending Star Wars Weekends 2014 - New on the list this year are Mark Hamill and John Ratzenberger.
- Race dates for Disney's Marathon Weekend and Princess Half Marathon - List of all the individual race dates for both weekends.
- Happy 50th anniversary to it's a small world! - it's a small world opened at the New York World's Fair on April 22, 1964.
- Blog - Review: Epcot After Hours Wind Down
- Registration opens for the 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon - Registration spots for the races fill up quickly. If you know for sure you want to participate in one of the events, we recommend you register as soon as possible.
- Happy 16th anniversary to Disney's Animal Kingdom - Disney's Animal Kingdom opened on April 22, 1998 - Earth Day.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Anna and Elsa meet and greet moves to Magic Kingdom today - These popular princesses will no longer be seen in Epcot's Norway pavilion.
- Planning to be at Disney World on Easter? - List of church services, dinners and special activities taking place at Walt Disney World on Easter.
- Blog - Ranking our 5 Senses in Disney's Theme Parks
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19 - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down - Tickets, which can be reserved in advance, include one beverage and a selection of light snacks.
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses - Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course will be closed 5/21 - 6/4/2014.
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance - Onsite resort guests and guests at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and offsite guests can make their reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu - Prices have increased by about 50 cents per sandwich. New sandwiches have been added and others have been removed.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos! - Guests will save up to 35% on their room, plus get free Memory Maker digital photos. Discount is valid for travel between 6/16/14 - 8/2/14.
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20 - The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more - In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot.
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts - List of events planned at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released - List of times for parades, fireworks, and park hours.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab - The attraction will be closed 4/7-4/9/14.
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips! - Surprising the kids with a Disney vacation is part of the thrill for some parents. Others would love to do it, but aren’t sure how to pull it off. Here are some different approaches to creating that special surprise for your family!
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant - For this special evening, guests will dine at the exclusive Markham's restaurant at Disney's Golden Oak Club, Walt Disney World's private residential community.
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series - The Sounds Like Summer Concert Series features some of the greatest tribute bands rockin' to U2, The Bee Gees, the Eagles and many more during select nights from June to July.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale - Disney's Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - The American Adventure, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - Italy, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World - Prices have increased $2 for each category.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame, February 12, 2014 - Morning
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members - Discounted tickets are available for performances April 1-May 10 and May 27-June 28, 2014.
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway - The Exotic Driving Experience and 2014 Rolex 24 winner Christian Fittipaldi are putting on a half-day racing event at the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display - This is the third year the resort has hosted the display of hand-painted edible Easter eggs; the eggs are 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios! - For a limited time, guests will have the opportunity to dine with Star Wars characters or Disney characters dressed up in their Star Wars costumes.
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30 - A new restaurant will open in its place this fall.
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends! - This will be the actor's first appearance at Star Wars Weekends.
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - The resort will be celebrating a PEEPtastic week 4/16 - 4/20/14.
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design - "Mickey's Perfect Petals" will be showcased at the brunch and will be available for purchase.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The upcoming Maleficent film, starring Angelina Jolie, opens in theaters May 30. Theme park guests can see an extended preview of the film beginning April 18 and running through mid-June.
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney - The Food Truck Park is currently under construction and should open this summer between Bongos and Starbucks.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Cell phone charging stations added to Magic Kingdom
- Today Show to film at Universal Orlando on Friday
- James Cameron pleased with Disney's Avatar Land design
- Disney one of the world's most disappointing destinations?
- Universal Orlando painters sent to hospital
- Kickstarter campaign hopes to raise money for "Dark Side of Disney" film
- Disney plans four Star Wars children's books
- SeaWorld Orlando offers summer camps for kids
- Walt Disney World offers new contract to unions
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios