Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort Address:
1050 Century Dr
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 2880
Maximum persons per room: 4 (2 if booking a King room)
Total Number of rooms: 1008
Room size: 260 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $15 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Pop Century Resort Overview
Taking a trip through the last half centry of American pop culture is what lies at the cornerstone of Disney's Pop Century resort. As one of Disney's 'value' resorts, Pop Century has offerings similar to other resorts in its category in terms of room size and amenities, and general layout. The theme at this resort covers the 1950's - 1990's and each section represents a different decade with iconic images ranging from Big Wheels to bowling pins, 8 track tapes, and Rubik's Cubes among many others. There are a total of ten buildings at the resort, each with four floors (and elevators). The main building is called "Classic Hall" and is where the check in desk, gift shop, food court and arcade are located. There are three pools at the resort, with the Hippie Dippie pool being the larger among them. Pools are also located in the 90's area (the Computer pool) and the 50's area (Bowling pool). The food court at Pop Century is called "Everything Pop" and serves an assortment of food ranging from baked goods to pasta and pizza and grilled specialties. Rooms at the Pop Century are consistent with Disney's other value resorts. A typcial room is 260 square feet with either two double beds or one king bed. Preferred rooms are located closer to Classic Hall and are available for an additional charge.
Located near ESPN's Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney's Pop Century Resort includes two 5,000-square-foot arcades, a food court and shopping area, courtyards, three heated pools in wildly-fun shapes, one kiddie pool, a playground and recreational paths for riding surrey bikes around Hourglass Lake.
The "Everything Pop" food court is located inside Classic Hall. The food court is divided into several stations, each offering a different specialty as well as grab-n-go sandwiches, snacks and drinks. The food court is open from 6am until 12 midnight and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Among the menu offerings are flatbreads, burgers, pasta dishes, nachos, chicken, fresh sandwiches and more. There is also a full service bar, Classic Concoctions located within the food court as well as Petals Pool Bar just off the main pool. For a complete menu of what's offered at the Everything Pop food court, check out our DIS menu database.
Pop Century - Services for Kids
Babysitting Services - Babysitting is available through Kids Nite Out, Inc. - which is not owned or operated by Disney. Caregivers provide in-room services which include playing games, reading, and generally entertaining your kids. Services are also available through Kids Nite Out to plan parties and special events. Advanced reservations are required and services are available 24 hours per day. There is a 4 hour minimum for children 6 months to 12 years old. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid the 4 hour minimum cancellation fee. Reservations can be made by calling 407-828-0920.
Poolside games and activities happen each day at the Hippie Dippie Pool outside Classic Hall. There are dance parties, games that include 'Goofy Bingo', Disney trivia, Name that Tune and more. There is also a playground located behind the 1970's buidling near Classic Hall.
'Movies under the Stars' happen each night near the 'yo-yo'. In the event of inclement weather, the movie is shown in the kids playroom next to the front desk.
Classic Hall is the site for some other fun activities, including dance parties, pin trading and Vinylmation trading. Check the recreation activities flyer for specific times.
The 5000 square foot 'Fast Forward' arcade is located just across from the Everything Pop food court in Classic Hall and contains a wide variety of video games to suit most ages.
The rooms at Pop Century are divided into two categories; standard and preferred. The preferred rooms are in the section closest to the main building where the food court is located, as well as closer to the transportation hub.
The rooms’ décor is evocative of the period represented in that section of the resort. Each guestroom will have 2 double beds (or one king sized bed which must be requested when making your reservation), a beverage cooler, nightstand, telephone, small table with 2 chairs, armoire, television, wall mirror, clock radio and an open closet area with shelves on top for extra storage. A vanity area with a single sink and mirror is separate from the tub and commode. A small key-operated wall safe to hold your valuables is located in the closet area. All rooms are equipped with central air conditioning. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing will find a computer data port.
There are disabled-accessible rooms that will have a larger bathroom with a wheelchair-accessible shower in place of a tub. There is an elevator so even accessing the top floors is easy for guests. Connecting rooms may be requested. The rooms are 260 square feet and sleep 4, or 4 plus a child under the age of 3 in a crib. Also available are bed rails and cribs (the pack-n-play variety.) Call Housekeeping to request. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $10 per person, per night plus the resort tax.
The following are available by calling Housekeeping. Supplies may be limited on some items: irons and ironing boards, hair dryers, extra pillows, blankets and towels.
Pricing: Published rates at Disney's Pop Century resort range from $95 per night for a standard room during value season to $186 per night during peak holiday season. Preferred rooms (located closer to the main building) are an additional $15 per night regardless of season. There are also 'pool view' rooms available at a slightly higher rate. For a complete list of current published prices, CLICK HERE
There are 3 heated pools at Pop Century that are maintained at 82 degrees. The Hippy Dippy Pool is 235,000 gallons and is the feature pool here. It is located near the 1960s buildings and just outside the food court and main lobby. The entire pool is shaped like a big flower with 4 flower showers on the pool deck that spray water into the pool. The water is deepest near the drains and shallow towards the edge. The Hippy Dippy kids pool is a zero entry level with fountains that shoot out from the center. The deck around the kiddie pool is padded so children are able to play carefree. Petals Pool Bar offers a selection of drinks and food, but no food or drinks are allowed in the pool. You will also find a ping-pong table here and a temporary tattoo station.
The Computer pool is considered one of the quieter pools and is located near the 1990s buildings. This rectangular pool is shaped like a computer monitor with a huge spongy/soft floor keyboard deck located towards the back of the pool behind the pool chairs. The service buildings nearby resemble a stack of floppy disks and a central processing unit.
The Bowling pool is also considered a quiet pool and is located near the 1950s buildings. The pool is in the shape of a bowling pin and the pool deck acts as the bowling lane, including the arrow guides in the concrete. The service building here is designed to look like a bowling shoe locker bin.
no slides or hot tubs at any of the value resort pools, but there are spraying water features in the Hippy Dippy Pool. All pools at Pop Century range in
depth from 3ft to 4 ft 9in. Guests may use any of these 3 swimming pools during their
vacation. There are showers, lockers, restrooms, and a laundromat at each pool
Pool hours are from 8am - midnight with lifeguards
on duty from 10am-10pm (quiet hours are from 10pm-midnight).
TIPS: Guests must bring the towels from their rooms for use at the pool and call housekeeping for additional towels for your room to replenish your supply. Life jackets are provided free of charge and can be picked up at the pool area. Check out the back of the lifeguard stands for park hours and weather information.
Pool hours are from 8am - midnight with lifeguards on duty from 10am-10pm (quiet hours are from 10pm-midnight).All diaper age children are required to wear plastic pants or swim diapers for the safety of other guests. These can be purchased at any of the gift shops on property.
Disney's Pop Century Resort has its own bus transportation that is not shared with other resorts. Guests will get a Transportation Guide/Map upon checking in with instructions on how to get just about anywhere on property, but here are some of the more popular destinations.
- Happy 50th anniversary to it's a small world! - it's a small world opened at the New York World's Fair on April 22, 1964.
- Blog - Review: Epcot After Hours Wind Down
- Registration opens for the 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon - Registration spots for the races fill up quickly. If you know for sure you want to participate in one of the events, we recommend you register as soon as possible.
- Happy 16th anniversary to Disney's Animal Kingdom - Disney's Animal Kingdom opened on April 22, 1998 - Earth Day.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Anna and Elsa meet and greet moves to Magic Kingdom today - These popular princesses will no longer be seen in Epcot's Norway pavilion.
- Planning to be at Disney World on Easter? - List of church services, dinners and special activities taking place at Walt Disney World on Easter.
- Blog - Ranking our 5 Senses in Disney's Theme Parks
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19 - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down - Tickets, which can be reserved in advance, include one beverage and a selection of light snacks.
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses - Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course will be closed 5/21 - 6/4/2014.
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance - Onsite resort guests and guests at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and offsite guests can make their reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu - Prices have increased by about 50 cents per sandwich. New sandwiches have been added and others have been removed.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos! - Guests will save up to 35% on their room, plus get free Memory Maker digital photos. Discount is valid for travel between 6/16/14 - 8/2/14.
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20 - The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more - In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot.
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts - List of events planned at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released - List of times for parades, fireworks, and park hours.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab - The attraction will be closed 4/7-4/9/14.
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips! - Surprising the kids with a Disney vacation is part of the thrill for some parents. Others would love to do it, but aren’t sure how to pull it off. Here are some different approaches to creating that special surprise for your family!
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant - For this special evening, guests will dine at the exclusive Markham's restaurant at Disney's Golden Oak Club, Walt Disney World's private residential community.
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series - The Sounds Like Summer Concert Series features some of the greatest tribute bands rockin' to U2, The Bee Gees, the Eagles and many more during select nights from June to July.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale - Disney's Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - The American Adventure, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - Italy, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World - Prices have increased $2 for each category.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame, February 12, 2014 - Morning
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members - Discounted tickets are available for performances April 1-May 10 and May 27-June 28, 2014.
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway - The Exotic Driving Experience and 2014 Rolex 24 winner Christian Fittipaldi are putting on a half-day racing event at the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display - This is the third year the resort has hosted the display of hand-painted edible Easter eggs; the eggs are 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios! - For a limited time, guests will have the opportunity to dine with Star Wars characters or Disney characters dressed up in their Star Wars costumes.
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30 - A new restaurant will open in its place this fall.
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends! - This will be the actor's first appearance at Star Wars Weekends.
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - The resort will be celebrating a PEEPtastic week 4/16 - 4/20/14.
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design - "Mickey's Perfect Petals" will be showcased at the brunch and will be available for purchase.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The upcoming Maleficent film, starring Angelina Jolie, opens in theaters May 30. Theme park guests can see an extended preview of the film beginning April 18 and running through mid-June.
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney - The Food Truck Park is currently under construction and should open this summer between Bongos and Starbucks.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Today Show to film at Universal Orlando on Friday
- James Cameron pleased with Disney's Avatar Land design
- Disney one of the world's most disappointing destinations?
- Universal Orlando painters sent to hospital
- Kickstarter campaign hopes to raise money for "Dark Side of Disney" film
- Disney plans four Star Wars children's books
- SeaWorld Orlando offers summer camps for kids
- Walt Disney World offers new contract to unions
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
- SeaWorld to host Viva la Musica Festival
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios