Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort Address:
1050 Century Dr
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 2880
Maximum persons per room: 4 (2 if booking a King room)
Total Number of rooms: 1008
Room size: 260 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $15 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Pop Century Resort Overview
Taking a trip through the last half centry of American pop culture is what lies at the cornerstone of Disney's Pop Century resort. As one of Disney's 'value' resorts, Pop Century has offerings similar to other resorts in its category in terms of room size and amenities, and general layout. The theme at this resort covers the 1950's - 1990's and each section represents a different decade with iconic images ranging from Big Wheels to bowling pins, 8 track tapes, and Rubik's Cubes among many others. There are a total of ten buildings at the resort, each with four floors (and elevators). The main building is called "Classic Hall" and is where the check in desk, gift shop, food court and arcade are located. There are three pools at the resort, with the Hippie Dippie pool being the larger among them. Pools are also located in the 90's area (the Computer pool) and the 50's area (Bowling pool). The food court at Pop Century is called "Everything Pop" and serves an assortment of food ranging from baked goods to pasta and pizza and grilled specialties. Rooms at the Pop Century are consistent with Disney's other value resorts. A typcial room is 260 square feet with either two double beds or one king bed. Preferred rooms are located closer to Classic Hall and are available for an additional charge.
Located near ESPN's Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney's Pop Century Resort includes two 5,000-square-foot arcades, a food court and shopping area, courtyards, three heated pools in wildly-fun shapes, one kiddie pool, a playground and recreational paths for riding surrey bikes around Hourglass Lake.
The "Everything Pop" food court is located inside Classic Hall. The food court is divided into several stations, each offering a different specialty as well as grab-n-go sandwiches, snacks and drinks. The food court is open from 6am until 12 midnight and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Among the menu offerings are flatbreads, burgers, pasta dishes, nachos, chicken, fresh sandwiches and more. There is also a full service bar, Classic Concoctions located within the food court as well as Petals Pool Bar just off the main pool. For a complete menu of what's offered at the Everything Pop food court, check out our DIS menu database.
Pop Century - Services for Kids
Babysitting Services - Babysitting is available through Kids Nite Out, Inc. - which is not owned or operated by Disney. Caregivers provide in-room services which include playing games, reading, and generally entertaining your kids. Services are also available through Kids Nite Out to plan parties and special events. Advanced reservations are required and services are available 24 hours per day. There is a 4 hour minimum for children 6 months to 12 years old. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid the 4 hour minimum cancellation fee. Reservations can be made by calling 407-828-0920.
Poolside games and activities happen each day at the Hippie Dippie Pool outside Classic Hall. There are dance parties, games that include 'Goofy Bingo', Disney trivia, Name that Tune and more. There is also a playground located behind the 1970's buidling near Classic Hall.
'Movies under the Stars' happen each night near the 'yo-yo'. In the event of inclement weather, the movie is shown in the kids playroom next to the front desk.
Classic Hall is the site for some other fun activities, including dance parties, pin trading and Vinylmation trading. Check the recreation activities flyer for specific times.
The 5000 square foot 'Fast Forward' arcade is located just across from the Everything Pop food court in Classic Hall and contains a wide variety of video games to suit most ages.
The rooms at Pop Century are divided into two categories; standard and preferred. The preferred rooms are in the section closest to the main building where the food court is located, as well as closer to the transportation hub.
The rooms’ décor is evocative of the period represented in that section of the resort. Each guestroom will have 2 double beds (or one king sized bed which must be requested when making your reservation), a beverage cooler, nightstand, telephone, small table with 2 chairs, armoire, television, wall mirror, clock radio and an open closet area with shelves on top for extra storage. A vanity area with a single sink and mirror is separate from the tub and commode. A small key-operated wall safe to hold your valuables is located in the closet area. All rooms are equipped with central air conditioning. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing will find a computer data port.
There are disabled-accessible rooms that will have a larger bathroom with a wheelchair-accessible shower in place of a tub. There is an elevator so even accessing the top floors is easy for guests. Connecting rooms may be requested. The rooms are 260 square feet and sleep 4, or 4 plus a child under the age of 3 in a crib. Also available are bed rails and cribs (the pack-n-play variety.) Call Housekeeping to request. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $10 per person, per night plus the resort tax.
The following are available by calling Housekeeping. Supplies may be limited on some items: irons and ironing boards, hair dryers, extra pillows, blankets and towels.
Pricing: Published rates at Disney's Pop Century resort range from $95 per night for a standard room during value season to $186 per night during peak holiday season. Preferred rooms (located closer to the main building) are an additional $15 per night regardless of season. There are also 'pool view' rooms available at a slightly higher rate. For a complete list of current published prices, CLICK HERE
There are 3 heated pools at Pop Century that are maintained at 82 degrees. The Hippy Dippy Pool is 235,000 gallons and is the feature pool here. It is located near the 1960s buildings and just outside the food court and main lobby. The entire pool is shaped like a big flower with 4 flower showers on the pool deck that spray water into the pool. The water is deepest near the drains and shallow towards the edge. The Hippy Dippy kids pool is a zero entry level with fountains that shoot out from the center. The deck around the kiddie pool is padded so children are able to play carefree. Petals Pool Bar offers a selection of drinks and food, but no food or drinks are allowed in the pool. You will also find a ping-pong table here and a temporary tattoo station.
The Computer pool is considered one of the quieter pools and is located near the 1990s buildings. This rectangular pool is shaped like a computer monitor with a huge spongy/soft floor keyboard deck located towards the back of the pool behind the pool chairs. The service buildings nearby resemble a stack of floppy disks and a central processing unit.
The Bowling pool is also considered a quiet pool and is located near the 1950s buildings. The pool is in the shape of a bowling pin and the pool deck acts as the bowling lane, including the arrow guides in the concrete. The service building here is designed to look like a bowling shoe locker bin.
no slides or hot tubs at any of the value resort pools, but there are spraying water features in the Hippy Dippy Pool. All pools at Pop Century range in
depth from 3ft to 4 ft 9in. Guests may use any of these 3 swimming pools during their
vacation. There are showers, lockers, restrooms, and a laundromat at each pool
Pool hours are from 8am - midnight with lifeguards
on duty from 10am-10pm (quiet hours are from 10pm-midnight).
TIPS: Guests must bring the towels from their rooms for use at the pool and call housekeeping for additional towels for your room to replenish your supply. Life jackets are provided free of charge and can be picked up at the pool area. Check out the back of the lifeguard stands for park hours and weather information.
Pool hours are from 8am - midnight with lifeguards on duty from 10am-10pm (quiet hours are from 10pm-midnight).All diaper age children are required to wear plastic pants or swim diapers for the safety of other guests. These can be purchased at any of the gift shops on property.
Disney's Pop Century Resort has its own bus transportation that is not shared with other resorts. Guests will get a Transportation Guide/Map upon checking in with instructions on how to get just about anywhere on property, but here are some of the more popular destinations.
- Pricing structure changed for Valet Parking at Downtown Disney - Pricing is based on length of stay - time starts when you reach the valet podium and stops when you return to the podium to pick up your car.
- Blog - Top 5 Must Do's at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Pangani Research Center closes for refurb - Pangani Research Center- Aviary and Hippo viewing area will be closed 9/2 - 11/14/2014.
- Blog - Villains Soiree - Wickedly Disappointing
- Blog - Dole Whips are back at the Polynesian Village Resort at the new and disappointing Pineapple Lanai
- Shortened monorail operating hours now in place - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- American Idol Experience is now closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This attraction closed August 30, 2014. No definitive plans have been announced for this space.
- VIDEO: Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed - Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed brings Vegas to Walt Disney World. Villains Unleashed took over Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 23, 2014 and part of the hard ticket event was Oogie Boogie's Freak Funhouse Show. Oogie Boogie hosts the show that features a sword-swallowing act, daredevil archery and a finale full of fire!
- Refurb closures planned for Walt Disney World water parks - Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 10/26/14-1/3/15 and Blizzard Beach will be closed 1/4/15-3/14/15.
- Top 5 Signature Dining Experiences at the Walt Disney World Resorts - 1,600 listeners and viewers of our DIS Unplugged web-cast voted on their favorite signature restaurants at the Walt Disney World resort hotels.
- Blog - The Top 5 Underutilized Spaces at Walt Disney World
- Starbucks will open at Hollywood Studios in February 2015 - The Trolley Car Cafe will be located along Hollywood Boulevard and be themed like a trolley car station. Disney baked goods and Starbucks La Boulange pastry items will be available. An exact location hasn't been announced.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- VIDEO: Star-Lord & Gamora from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at Villains Unleashed - Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Gamora made their first appearance ever at the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 Dance Party during the Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina at Polynesian to be closed for refurb - The marina will be closed 9/15 - 9/19/2014. Sail boat/motorized boats and fishing excursions will not be available.
- Entrance 4 to Downtown Disney's parking lot now closed - Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Opening Ceremony - Villains Unleashed kicked off at Disney's Hollywood Studios with an opening ceremony hosted by Hades, Pain, Panic and Megara from Hercules. Once the stars of the night took the stage they introduced some of the 50 Disney Villains guests could meet at the special hard ticket event.
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Event Overview - Over 50 Disney villains took over Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Villains Unleashed Event.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Two Epcot New Year's Eve dining events released - More New Year's Eve events are yet to be released.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- Disney and unions argue about extra shift distribution policy
- Polynesian Resort opens new Dole Whip location
- Popular EPCOT acts to depart this Fall
- Wet 'n Wild employee trapped in pool; now in critical condition
- Star Wars mobile game app released by Disney
- Disney contract approved by part-time employees
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00 PM
10:00 - 5:00 PM
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW