Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort Address:
1050 Century Dr
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 2880
Maximum persons per room: 4 (2 if booking a King room)
Total Number of rooms: 1008
Room size: 260 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $15 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Pop Century Resort Overview
Taking a trip through the last half centry of American pop culture is what lies at the cornerstone of Disney's Pop Century resort. As one of Disney's 'value' resorts, Pop Century has offerings similar to other resorts in its category in terms of room size and amenities, and general layout. The theme at this resort covers the 1950's - 1990's and each section represents a different decade with iconic images ranging from Big Wheels to bowling pins, 8 track tapes, and Rubik's Cubes among many others. There are a total of ten buildings at the resort, each with four floors (and elevators). The main building is called "Classic Hall" and is where the check in desk, gift shop, food court and arcade are located. There are three pools at the resort, with the Hippie Dippie pool being the larger among them. Pools are also located in the 90's area (the Computer pool) and the 50's area (Bowling pool). The food court at Pop Century is called "Everything Pop" and serves an assortment of food ranging from baked goods to pasta and pizza and grilled specialties. Rooms at the Pop Century are consistent with Disney's other value resorts. A typcial room is 260 square feet with either two double beds or one king bed. Preferred rooms are located closer to Classic Hall and are available for an additional charge.
Located near ESPN's Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney's Pop Century Resort includes two 5,000-square-foot arcades, a food court and shopping area, courtyards, three heated pools in wildly-fun shapes, one kiddie pool, a playground and recreational paths for riding surrey bikes around Hourglass Lake.
The "Everything Pop" food court is located inside Classic Hall. The food court is divided into several stations, each offering a different specialty as well as grab-n-go sandwiches, snacks and drinks. The food court is open from 6am until 12 midnight and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Among the menu offerings are flatbreads, burgers, pasta dishes, nachos, chicken, fresh sandwiches and more. There is also a full service bar, Classic Concoctions located within the food court as well as Petals Pool Bar just off the main pool. For a complete menu of what's offered at the Everything Pop food court, check out our DIS menu database.
Pop Century - Services for Kids
Babysitting Services - Babysitting is available through Kids Nite Out, Inc. - which is not owned or operated by Disney. Caregivers provide in-room services which include playing games, reading, and generally entertaining your kids. Services are also available through Kids Nite Out to plan parties and special events. Advanced reservations are required and services are available 24 hours per day. There is a 4 hour minimum for children 6 months to 12 years old. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid the 4 hour minimum cancellation fee. Reservations can be made by calling 407-828-0920.
Poolside games and activities happen each day at the Hippie Dippie Pool outside Classic Hall. There are dance parties, games that include 'Goofy Bingo', Disney trivia, Name that Tune and more. There is also a playground located behind the 1970's buidling near Classic Hall.
'Movies under the Stars' happen each night near the 'yo-yo'. In the event of inclement weather, the movie is shown in the kids playroom next to the front desk.
Classic Hall is the site for some other fun activities, including dance parties, pin trading and Vinylmation trading. Check the recreation activities flyer for specific times.
The 5000 square foot 'Fast Forward' arcade is located just across from the Everything Pop food court in Classic Hall and contains a wide variety of video games to suit most ages.
The rooms at Pop Century are divided into two categories; standard and preferred. The preferred rooms are in the section closest to the main building where the food court is located, as well as closer to the transportation hub.
The rooms’ décor is evocative of the period represented in that section of the resort. Each guestroom will have 2 double beds (or one king sized bed which must be requested when making your reservation), a beverage cooler, nightstand, telephone, small table with 2 chairs, armoire, television, wall mirror, clock radio and an open closet area with shelves on top for extra storage. A vanity area with a single sink and mirror is separate from the tub and commode. A small key-operated wall safe to hold your valuables is located in the closet area. All rooms are equipped with central air conditioning. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing will find a computer data port.
There are disabled-accessible rooms that will have a larger bathroom with a wheelchair-accessible shower in place of a tub. There is an elevator so even accessing the top floors is easy for guests. Connecting rooms may be requested. The rooms are 260 square feet and sleep 4, or 4 plus a child under the age of 3 in a crib. Also available are bed rails and cribs (the pack-n-play variety.) Call Housekeeping to request. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $10 per person, per night plus the resort tax.
The following are available by calling Housekeeping. Supplies may be limited on some items: irons and ironing boards, hair dryers, extra pillows, blankets and towels.
Pricing: Published rates at Disney's Pop Century resort range from $95 per night for a standard room during value season to $186 per night during peak holiday season. Preferred rooms (located closer to the main building) are an additional $15 per night regardless of season. There are also 'pool view' rooms available at a slightly higher rate. For a complete list of current published prices, CLICK HERE
There are 3 heated pools at Pop Century that are maintained at 82 degrees. The Hippy Dippy Pool is 235,000 gallons and is the feature pool here. It is located near the 1960s buildings and just outside the food court and main lobby. The entire pool is shaped like a big flower with 4 flower showers on the pool deck that spray water into the pool. The water is deepest near the drains and shallow towards the edge. The Hippy Dippy kids pool is a zero entry level with fountains that shoot out from the center. The deck around the kiddie pool is padded so children are able to play carefree. Petals Pool Bar offers a selection of drinks and food, but no food or drinks are allowed in the pool. You will also find a ping-pong table here and a temporary tattoo station.
The Computer pool is considered one of the quieter pools and is located near the 1990s buildings. This rectangular pool is shaped like a computer monitor with a huge spongy/soft floor keyboard deck located towards the back of the pool behind the pool chairs. The service buildings nearby resemble a stack of floppy disks and a central processing unit.
The Bowling pool is also considered a quiet pool and is located near the 1950s buildings. The pool is in the shape of a bowling pin and the pool deck acts as the bowling lane, including the arrow guides in the concrete. The service building here is designed to look like a bowling shoe locker bin.
no slides or hot tubs at any of the value resort pools, but there are spraying water features in the Hippy Dippy Pool. All pools at Pop Century range in
depth from 3ft to 4 ft 9in. Guests may use any of these 3 swimming pools during their
vacation. There are showers, lockers, restrooms, and a laundromat at each pool
Pool hours are from 8am - midnight with lifeguards
on duty from 10am-10pm (quiet hours are from 10pm-midnight).
TIPS: Guests must bring the towels from their rooms for use at the pool and call housekeeping for additional towels for your room to replenish your supply. Life jackets are provided free of charge and can be picked up at the pool area. Check out the back of the lifeguard stands for park hours and weather information.
Pool hours are from 8am - midnight with lifeguards on duty from 10am-10pm (quiet hours are from 10pm-midnight).All diaper age children are required to wear plastic pants or swim diapers for the safety of other guests. These can be purchased at any of the gift shops on property.
Disney's Pop Century Resort has its own bus transportation that is not shared with other resorts. Guests will get a Transportation Guide/Map upon checking in with instructions on how to get just about anywhere on property, but here are some of the more popular destinations.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
- Technical glitch causes Universal's Transformers ride to stall
- Report: Monorail evacuated after lightning strike
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
- Magic Kingdom guest got tips of fingers cut off on Pirates of the Caribbean
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom