Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Photos
- The Villas at the Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- The Villas at the Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Photos
Grand Californian Hotel Address:
1600 S. Disneyland Drive
Anaheim, CA 92802
The magnificent Grand Californian Hotel is located in the Disney California Adventure theme park. Being in the “Middle of the Magic” has new meaning when your hotel is part of the experience.
Fringed by pine trees, this six-story hotel is a tribute to the Arts and Crafts movement made popular in the early 1900s. No detail was missed in echoing this style with its emphasis on warmth, artistry and nature. The “Art of the Craft Tour” is offered for guests wishing to learn more about this era and its influence on the design of the hotel.
As you pass through the beautiful stained glass doors, you enter into the spectacular lobby. Warm woods line the walls, with Mission style lighting complementing the décor. Scattered throughout are inviting sitting areas. The carpet’s pattern blends seamlessly into the surrounding tile floor. You can pull up a chair and enjoy this amazing space while a piano player entertains you.
A stately fireplace combining stone, tile and ironwork takes center stage. The continuously burning fire is the perfect gathering spot. Throughout the day there are storytelling sessions in front of the great hearth.
The upper floors overlook the atrium, and offer cozy nooks for relaxation. With soothing shades of taupe, burgundy and green used throughout the décor, a combination of comfort with elegance is achieved.
There are 751 guestrooms at the Grand Californian, including 38 suites. There are two Presidential and two Vice-Presidential suites. The standard rooms have either two queen beds, a king bed, or one queen bed with bunk beds. Amenities include iron/ironing board, mini-bars, in-room safes, hairdryers, coffeemaker and bathrobes. Complimentary USA Today newspapers are available in the lobby.
The entire resort is non-smoking.
The bed coverings are crisp white, with throws and pillows reflecting the colors of nature. Most of the rooms have balconies. In the midst of this “woodland”, the Monorail passes through the central courtyard reminding guests that they are indeed in Disneyland.
The Concierge lounge is located on the sixth floor. Guests staying at this level enjoy priority check-in, breakfast bar, twilight wine and cheese reception, USA Today, complimentary DVD checkout and use of the fitness center. In the evening, story time is held for the children with milk and cookies served.
The forest theme is continued outdoors. Carefully chosen plants and trees set amidst rock outcroppings lend the feel of being in the northwest environs of California. Tucked away is an outside fireplace where you can pull up a rocking chair. On the fifth floor of the hotel, an inviting outdoor terrace that overlooks the pool is found.
The Redwood Pool features a 100-foot slide that winds around the trunk of an ancient tree. The attached Fountain Pool provides a more restful setting while the kids can enjoy their very own Mickey shaped pool.
The Mandara Spa is a world renowned facility where you can indulge in a relaxing massage, skin treatment or salon service. The tranquil Balinese themed setting is perfect for relaxation. There are eight exotic treatment rooms, co-ed lounge, expansive couple's pavilion and full serve nail pavilion.
The Mandara Spa also has state of the art fitness equipment which is reserved for the exclusive use of Grand Californian guests. It also has dry saunas, steam rooms, shower and locker facilities. (Note that you must be 14 or older to use this facility and at least 18 to schedule massage services.)
Pinocchio’s Workshop is located at the Grand Californian. This childcare facility offers crafts, storytime, games and videos under the careful supervision of the trained staff. Mom and Dad can choose to enjoy a quiet dinner or visit Downtown Disney. (This center is only available to guests staying at a Disneyland hotel.)
Guests of the Disneyland Resort hotels are are eligible for an Extra Magic Hour. Visit Disneyland on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and check out Disney California Adventure on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays up to one hour prior to regular park opening. The availability of the Extra Magic Hour and offered attractions is subject to change.
From the simple to the sublime, a wonderful selection of dining choices is found here. White Water Snacks offers self-serve breakfast, lunch and dinner in a casual setting.
The Storytellers Café begins the day with a character breakfast hosted by Chip & Dale. American fare is featured at lunch and dinner. This is a buffet, but guests can choose to order from the menu if they prefer. While the food is delicious, the décor is worth a visit. There are wonderful murals depicting the tales from past days, such as “The Jumping Frogs of Calaveras County.”
The Hearthstone Lounge located inside the main building is a comfortable spot to enjoy a continental breakfast in the morning and cocktails or coffee later in the day. In keeping with the theme, this spacious lounge is completely lined in wood. What’s interesting about this is that all of the wood came from a single fallen redwood tree.
If fine dining is what you’re after, the Napa Rose Restaurant is not to be missed. Dining at this award-winning restaurant is an experience. Using the freshest ingredients, each dish that is carefully prepared in the open-air kitchen is a culinary delight. From the tempting basket of breads to the sinfully delicious desserts, each course is to be savored. True to its namesake Napa valley, there are over 250 wines to select from, with 40 wines by the glass available. If you prefer, you can choose to enjoy the adjacent Napa Rose Lounge. With cozy club chairs surrounding the fireplace, this relaxed setting is the perfect spot to enjoy a glass of wine, as well as an item from the menu. There’s a terrace outside of the Napa Rose with a welcoming fire pit where you can relax and enjoy its warmth.
Being that the Grand Californian Hotel is in the theme park, it has it’s own private entrance to Disney California Adventure. It’s also within a few steps of Downtown Disney making it a prime location for easy access to the parks and entertainment.
The Grand Californian Hotel well deserves the accolades that have been bestowed upon it from when it first opened its doors. With refined gracefulness, guests can expect to find the very best that Disney offers.
Grand Adventures are available for guests of the Disneyland Resort hotels. Activities are free, unless otherwise noted. The schedule varies by day, but the activities can include:
- Get Up & Go Power Walk - Walk while enjoying the sights and sounds of Disney California Adventure before opening.
- Rise and Stretch with Pilates
- The Beauty Studio at Sephora - Guests will receive a consultation of their choice with beauty expert, personal shopping time and a goodie bag. Nominal fee of $45, which will be placed on a gift card to be used towards a same-day, in-store purchase.
- Be Your Own Super Star - Undergo a complete transformation at Disney Studio 365. Cost is $39.95.
- Washcloth Creations - In-house experts from Housekeeping will show you how to make your very own rabbit or other creations out of a washcloth.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop - Customize your own bear and have exclusive shopping time. Minimum $10 bear purchase required.
- Learn to Draw Mickey Mouse Class
- Art of the Craft Tour - A guided walking tour of Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
DIS Unplugged Blog
Click Here for Photos of the Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
The Villa’s at Disney’s Grand California Hotel and Spa, a Disney Vacation Club property, offers all the comfort of home including Private Balconies, Full Kitchens, and Washers & Dryers. Studios, One-Bedroom, Two-Bedroom Villa’s and Three-Bedroom Grand Villas that can sleep up to 12 (Grand Villa). Reservations can not be made online and can be reserved by contacting your Travel Agent.
DIS Unplugged Blog
The Villas at Disney’s Grand California Hotel and Spa
Click Here for Photos of The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
Click Here for The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa - DVC Points Chart
- Blog - "Grand New" Gingerbread House at Disneyland's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa
- Top 5 Dining Experiences at the Disneyland Resort - Here are what I feel (at this particular moment) are the top dining experiences at the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Disneyland Area Hotel Review - SpringHill Suites
- Blog - Christmas at Cars Land in Disney's California Adventure
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - Discount is available most nights 4/6 - 6/15/15.
- Mad T Party at California Adventure ends November 30th - Mad T Party will have its final performance on 11/30/14. No word yet on what will replace it.
- Top 5(+) things that are better at Walt Disney World than at Disneyland - Bigger may not always be better, but isn't always worse either. I can't resist countering with an article that lists, in my view, the things that are better at Walt Disney World.
- Blog - Disneyland Area Hotel Review - Hyatt Place
- Blog - Jingle Cruise: a Better and Funnier Voyage in 2014
- Blog - Disney's Second Try at World of Color: Winter Dreams feels more Disney
- Blog - The Wreaths of Disneyland's Small World Holiday
- Top 5 things that are better at Disneyland than at Walt Disney World - Bigger isn't always better and while Walt Disney's original theme park is smaller, it still has the advantage over its East-coast counterpart in a few key areas.
- My favorite bathrooms in California Adventure - Being a newer park, the facilities are better thought out and larger. Still, you do have options..... Let's take a look at the bathrooms of DCA.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 11/10/14
- Free breakfast offer for length of stay at Aulani - This offer must be booked by December 18.
- Blog - Frozen Ice Palace Debuts at Malls Across the Country
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Sleeping Beauty Castle Courtyard - Sleeping Beauty Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Sleeping Beauty Castle Courtyard - Sleeping Beauty Castle
- Aulani plans Thanksgiving feast - Celebrate the holiday in the Kaiona Ballroom. The menu will include traditional Thanksgiving favorites with an island twist.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland Park Hub - "Partners" Statue - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Disneyland Park Hub - "Partners" Statue
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Haunted Mansion Queue - Haunted Mansion Holiday - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Haunted Mansion Queue - Haunted Mansion Holiday
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 11/03/14
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Fantasy Faire Path - Sleeping Beauty Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Fantasy Faire Path - Sleeping Beauty Castle
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Sleeping Beauty Castle Bridge - Sleeping Beauty Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Sleeping Beauty Castle Bridge - Sleeping Beauty Castle
- VIDEO: Conjure A Villain at Disneyland Park - During Halloween Time at Disneyland Park, you can conjure a villain to meet back in the Halloween Carnival in Big Thunder Ranch. You never know what villain you are going to get!
- VIDEO: Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade 2014 - Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade is the special parade that takes place during Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park.
- VIDEO: Cadaver Dans sing "Headless Horseman" on the Rivers of America - During Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park, the Dapper Dans transform into the Cadaver Dans and move their act from Main Street USA to the Rivers of America to perform some Halloween-themed numbers including this version of "Headless Horseman" from "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" animated Disney film.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - New Orleans Square - Rivers of America - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at New Orleans Square - Rivers of America
- Blog - Mickey's Halloween Party vs. Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- My favorite bathrooms in Disneyland Park - What makes a good bathroom? Is it clean? Is it busy? How big is it? How crowded is it?
- VIDEO: 2014 Mickey's Halloween Party Overview - Mickey's Halloween Party is the yearly event that brings the spookiest holiday of them all to Disneyland Park.
- Planning a Disney Halloween Party in 10 Steps - A few ideas and 10 steps for planning a Disney Halloween party in your own neighborhood.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
- Schedule for handmade candy canes at Disneyland
Candy cane-making season begins November 28.