Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Photos
- The Villas at the Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- The Villas at the Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Photos
Grand Californian Hotel Address:
1600 S. Disneyland Drive
Anaheim, CA 92802
The magnificent Grand Californian Hotel is located in the Disney California Adventure theme park. Being in the “Middle of the Magic” has new meaning when your hotel is part of the experience.
Fringed by pine trees, this six-story hotel is a tribute to the Arts and Crafts movement made popular in the early 1900’s. No detail was missed in echoing this style with its emphasis on warmth, artistry and nature. The “Art of the Craft Tour” is offered for guests wishing to learn more about this era and it’s influence on the design of the hotel.
As you pass through the beautiful stained glass doors, you enter into the spectacular lobby. Warm woods line the walls, with Mission style lighting complementing the décor. Scattered throughout are inviting sitting areas. The carpet’s pattern blends seamlessly into the surrounding tile floor. You can pull up a chair and enjoy this amazing space while a piano player entertains you.
A stately fireplace combining stone, tile and ironwork takes center stage. The continuously burning fire is the perfect gathering spot. Throughout the day there are storytelling sessions in front of the great hearth.
The upper floors overlook the atrium, and offer cozy nooks for relaxation. With soothing shades of taupe, burgundy and green used throughout the décor, a combination of comfort with elegance is achieved.
There are 751 guestrooms at the Grand Californian, including 38 suites. There are two Presidential and two Vice-Presidential suites. The standard rooms have either two queen beds, a king bed, or one queen bed with bunk beds. Amenities include iron/ironing board, mini-bars, in-room safes, hairdryers, coffeemaker and bathrobes. Complimentary USA Today newspapers are available in the lobby.
The entire resort is non-smoking.
The bed coverings are crisp white, with throws and pillows reflecting the colors of nature. Most of the rooms have balconies. In the midst of this “woodland”, the Monorail passes through the central courtyard reminding guests that they are indeed in Disneyland.
The Concierge lounge is located on the sixth floor. Guests staying at this level enjoy priority check-in, breakfast bar, twilight wine and cheese reception, USA Today, complimentary DVD checkout and use of the fitness center. In the evening, story time is held for the children with milk and cookies served.
The forest theme is continued outdoors. Carefully chosen plants and trees set amidst rock outcroppings lend the feel of being in the northwest environs of California. Tucked away is an outside fireplace where you can pull up a rocking chair. On the fifth floor of the hotel, an inviting outdoor terrace that overlooks the pool is found.
The Redwood Pool features a 100-foot slide that winds around the trunk of an ancient tree. The attached Fountain Pool provides a more restful setting while the kids can enjoy their very own Mickey shaped pool.
The Mandara Spa is a world renowned facility where you can indulge in a relaxing massage, skin treatment or salon service. The tranquil Balinese themed setting is perfect for relaxation. There are eight exotic treatment rooms, co-ed lounge, expansive couple's pavilion an full serve nail pavilion.
The Mandara Spa also has state of the art fitness equipment which is reserved for the exclusive use of Grand Californian guests. It also has dry saunas, steam rooms, shower and locker facilities. (Note that you must be 14 or older to use this facility and at least 18 to schedule massage services.)
Pinocchio’s Workshop is located at the Grand Californian. This childcare facility offers crafts, storytime, games and videos under the careful supervision of the trained staff. Mom and Dad can choose to enjoy a quiet dinner or visit Downtown Disney. (This center is only available to guests staying at a Disneyland hotel.)
Guests of the Disneyland Resort hotels are are eligible for an Extra Magic Hour. Visit Disneyland on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and check out Disney California Adventure on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays up to one hour prior to regular park opening. The availability of the Extra Magic Hour and offered attractions is subject to change.
From the simple to the sublime, a wonderful selection of dining choices is found here. White Water Snacks offers self-serve breakfast, lunch and dinner in a casual setting.
The Storytellers Café begins the day with a character breakfast hosted by Chip & Dale. American fare is featured at lunch and dinner. This is a buffet, but guests can choose to order from the menu if they prefer. While the food is delicious, the décor is worth a visit. There are wonderful murals depicting the tales from past days, such as “The Jumping Frogs of Calaveras County.”
The Hearthstone Lounge located inside the main building is a comfortable spot to enjoy a continental breakfast in the morning and cocktails or coffee later in the day. In keeping with the theme, this spacious lounge is completely lined in wood. What’s interesting about this is that all of the wood came from a single fallen redwood tree.
If fine dining is what you’re after, the Napa Rose Restaurant is not to be missed. Dining at this award-winning restaurant is an experience. Using the freshest ingredients, each dish that is carefully prepared in the open-air kitchen is a culinary delight. From the tempting basket of breads to the sinfully delicious desserts, each course is to be savored. True to its namesake Napa valley, there are over 250 wines to select from, with 40 wines by the glass available. If you prefer, you can choose to enjoy the adjacent Napa Rose Lounge. With cozy club chairs surrounding the fireplace, this relaxed setting is the perfect spot to enjoy a glass of wine, as well as an item from the menu. There’s a terrace outside of the Napa Rose with a welcoming fire pit where you can relax and enjoy its warmth.
Being that the Grand Californian Hotel is in the theme park, it has it’s own private entrance to Disney California Adventure. It’s also within a few steps of Downtown Disney making it a prime location for easy access to the parks and entertainment.
The Grand Californian Hotel well deserves the accolades that have been bestowed upon it from when it first opened its doors. With refined gracefulness, guests can expect to find the very best that Disney offers.
Grand Adventures are available for guests of the Disneyland Resort hotels. Activities are free, unless otherwise noted. The schedule varies by day, but the activities can include:
- Get Up & Go Power Walk - Walk while enjoying the sights and sounds of Disney California Adventure before opening.
- Rise and Stretch with Pilates
- The Beauty Studio at Sephora - Guests will receive a consultation of their choice with beauty expert, personal shopping time and a goodie bag. Nominal fee of $45, which will be placed on a gift card to be used towards a same-day, in-store purchase.
- Be Your Own Super Star - Undergo a complete transformation at Disney Studio 365. Cost is $39.95.
- Washcloth Creations - In-house experts from Housekeeping will show you how to make your very own rabbit or other creations out of a washcloth.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop - Customize your own bear and have exclusive shopping time. Minimum $10 bear purchase required.
- Learn to Draw Mickey Mouse Class
- Art of the Craft Tour - A guided walking tour of Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
DIS Unplugged Blog
Click Here for Photos of the Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
The Villa’s at Disney’s Grand California Hotel and Spa, a Disney Vacation Club property, offers all the comfort of home including Private Balconies, Full Kitchens, and Washers & Dryers. Studios, One-Bedroom, Two-Bedroom Villa’s and Three-Bedroom Grand Villas that can sleep up to 12 (Grand Villa). Reservations can not be made online and can be reserved by contacting your Travel Agent.
DIS Unplugged Blog
The Villas at Disney’s Grand California Hotel and Spa
Click Here for Photos of The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
Click Here for The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa - DVC Points Chart
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 5
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- HalloweenTime at Disneyland begins September 13! - HalloweenTime at the Disneyland Resort, including Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, begins September 13, 2013. Mickey's Halloween Party begins September 30, 2013.
- Swing dancing returns to Disneyland Park beginning June 15th - Swing Dancing returns to the former Carnation Plaza Gardens (now Fantasy Faire) stage on a limited basis beginning June 15th!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Rivers of America - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- 2014 dates chosen for DIS-exclusive Backstage Magic trips - Three dates have been selected for 2014 Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trips with members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Indiana Jones Queue - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- Woody's All-American Roundup at Disneyland this Summer - Beginning June 14th, Sheriff Woody will be bringing his Talent Roundup to the stage at the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree. Woody and Jessie will be entertaining guests with their lasso skills and slingshot tricks, plus greeting guests along with Mickey and Minnie.
- Limited Time Magic: Disneyland Passholder Animation Academy - Annual Passholders are invited to learn to draw a classic Disney character and hear behind-the scenes stores from Disney Animator Eric Goldberg. The event will be held at 3pm, 4pm, 5pm and 6pm in the Disney Animation building at Disney California Adventure. Passholders must register in person the day of the event.
- WonderGround Gallery to host Cocktail Party for Hipster Collection - In celebration of the new "Happiest Hipster on Earth" collection, Disneyland Resort's WonderGround Gallery will be hosting a Cocktail Reception featuring an artist signing opportunity with Jerrod Maruyama. Tickets go on sale May 21st.
- New Disneyland restaurant reservation policy delayed indefinitely! - The new Disneyland Resort policy requiring a credit card for reservations at Disney owned restaurants that was to go in effect soon has been delayed indefinitely.
- Disneyland's Magical fireworks now Glow with the Show - Disneyland's Summer Fireworks, Magical, now incorporates the Glow with the Show ears. Also on select days, guests wearing them can access a special viewing area.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Grand Californian Hotel - Lobby - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland Hotel - Pool - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Cars Land - Cozy Cone Motel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- VIDEO: Memories of the Disneyland Resort Hotels - Visit http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/ for more information on the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- Blog - Disneyland 101 – Dining Strategies
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
California agency reduces violations and associated fines that came as a result of April 13th closure of three major attractions.
- Space Mountain reopens at Disneyland
After a safety-related closure, Space Mountain is back open.
- Disney contractor fined by Cal-OSHA
A Disney contractor was fined in relation to the incident in November where a worker fell from the roof of Space Mountain.
- Updated: 3 Major attractions suddenly closed at Disneyland
Several major attractions closed at the Disneyland Resort.
- No more free coffee refills on Disneyland's Main Street U.S.A.
Market House at Disneyland will not offer free coffee refills after it changes into a Starbucks this fall.