Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Photos
- The Villas at the Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- The Villas at the Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Photos
Grand Californian Hotel Address:
1600 S. Disneyland Drive
Anaheim, CA 92802
The magnificent Grand Californian Hotel is located in the Disney California Adventure theme park. Being in the “Middle of the Magic” has new meaning when your hotel is part of the experience.
Fringed by pine trees, this six-story hotel is a tribute to the Arts and Crafts movement made popular in the early 1900s. No detail was missed in echoing this style with its emphasis on warmth, artistry and nature. The “Art of the Craft Tour” is offered for guests wishing to learn more about this era and its influence on the design of the hotel.
As you pass through the beautiful stained glass doors, you enter into the spectacular lobby. Warm woods line the walls, with Mission style lighting complementing the décor. Scattered throughout are inviting sitting areas. The carpet’s pattern blends seamlessly into the surrounding tile floor. You can pull up a chair and enjoy this amazing space while a piano player entertains you.
A stately fireplace combining stone, tile and ironwork takes center stage. The continuously burning fire is the perfect gathering spot. Throughout the day there are storytelling sessions in front of the great hearth.
The upper floors overlook the atrium, and offer cozy nooks for relaxation. With soothing shades of taupe, burgundy and green used throughout the décor, a combination of comfort with elegance is achieved.
There are 751 guestrooms at the Grand Californian, including 38 suites. There are two Presidential and two Vice-Presidential suites. The standard rooms have either two queen beds, a king bed, or one queen bed with bunk beds. Amenities include iron/ironing board, mini-bars, in-room safes, hairdryers, coffeemaker and bathrobes. Complimentary USA Today newspapers are available in the lobby.
The entire resort is non-smoking.
The bed coverings are crisp white, with throws and pillows reflecting the colors of nature. Most of the rooms have balconies. In the midst of this “woodland”, the Monorail passes through the central courtyard reminding guests that they are indeed in Disneyland.
The Concierge lounge is located on the sixth floor. Guests staying at this level enjoy priority check-in, breakfast bar, twilight wine and cheese reception, USA Today, complimentary DVD checkout and use of the fitness center. In the evening, story time is held for the children with milk and cookies served.
The forest theme is continued outdoors. Carefully chosen plants and trees set amidst rock outcroppings lend the feel of being in the northwest environs of California. Tucked away is an outside fireplace where you can pull up a rocking chair. On the fifth floor of the hotel, an inviting outdoor terrace that overlooks the pool is found.
The Redwood Pool features a 100-foot slide that winds around the trunk of an ancient tree. The attached Fountain Pool provides a more restful setting while the kids can enjoy their very own Mickey shaped pool.
The Mandara Spa is a world renowned facility where you can indulge in a relaxing massage, skin treatment or salon service. The tranquil Balinese themed setting is perfect for relaxation. There are eight exotic treatment rooms, co-ed lounge, expansive couple's pavilion and full serve nail pavilion.
The Mandara Spa also has state of the art fitness equipment which is reserved for the exclusive use of Grand Californian guests. It also has dry saunas, steam rooms, shower and locker facilities. (Note that you must be 14 or older to use this facility and at least 18 to schedule massage services.)
Pinocchio’s Workshop is located at the Grand Californian. This childcare facility offers crafts, storytime, games and videos under the careful supervision of the trained staff. Mom and Dad can choose to enjoy a quiet dinner or visit Downtown Disney. (This center is only available to guests staying at a Disneyland hotel.)
Guests of the Disneyland Resort hotels are are eligible for an Extra Magic Hour. Visit Disneyland on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and check out Disney California Adventure on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays up to one hour prior to regular park opening. The availability of the Extra Magic Hour and offered attractions is subject to change.
From the simple to the sublime, a wonderful selection of dining choices is found here. White Water Snacks offers self-serve breakfast, lunch and dinner in a casual setting.
The Storytellers Café begins the day with a character breakfast hosted by Chip & Dale. American fare is featured at lunch and dinner. This is a buffet, but guests can choose to order from the menu if they prefer. While the food is delicious, the décor is worth a visit. There are wonderful murals depicting the tales from past days, such as “The Jumping Frogs of Calaveras County.”
The Hearthstone Lounge located inside the main building is a comfortable spot to enjoy a continental breakfast in the morning and cocktails or coffee later in the day. In keeping with the theme, this spacious lounge is completely lined in wood. What’s interesting about this is that all of the wood came from a single fallen redwood tree.
If fine dining is what you’re after, the Napa Rose Restaurant is not to be missed. Dining at this award-winning restaurant is an experience. Using the freshest ingredients, each dish that is carefully prepared in the open-air kitchen is a culinary delight. From the tempting basket of breads to the sinfully delicious desserts, each course is to be savored. True to its namesake Napa valley, there are over 250 wines to select from, with 40 wines by the glass available. If you prefer, you can choose to enjoy the adjacent Napa Rose Lounge. With cozy club chairs surrounding the fireplace, this relaxed setting is the perfect spot to enjoy a glass of wine, as well as an item from the menu. There’s a terrace outside of the Napa Rose with a welcoming fire pit where you can relax and enjoy its warmth.
Being that the Grand Californian Hotel is in the theme park, it has it’s own private entrance to Disney California Adventure. It’s also within a few steps of Downtown Disney making it a prime location for easy access to the parks and entertainment.
The Grand Californian Hotel well deserves the accolades that have been bestowed upon it from when it first opened its doors. With refined gracefulness, guests can expect to find the very best that Disney offers.
Grand Adventures are available for guests of the Disneyland Resort hotels. Activities are free, unless otherwise noted. The schedule varies by day, but the activities can include:
- Get Up & Go Power Walk - Walk while enjoying the sights and sounds of Disney California Adventure before opening.
- Rise and Stretch with Pilates
- The Beauty Studio at Sephora - Guests will receive a consultation of their choice with beauty expert, personal shopping time and a goodie bag. Nominal fee of $45, which will be placed on a gift card to be used towards a same-day, in-store purchase.
- Be Your Own Super Star - Undergo a complete transformation at Disney Studio 365. Cost is $39.95.
- Washcloth Creations - In-house experts from Housekeeping will show you how to make your very own rabbit or other creations out of a washcloth.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop - Customize your own bear and have exclusive shopping time. Minimum $10 bear purchase required.
- Learn to Draw Mickey Mouse Class
- Art of the Craft Tour - A guided walking tour of Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
DIS Unplugged Blog
Click Here for Photos of the Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
The Villa’s at Disney’s Grand California Hotel and Spa, a Disney Vacation Club property, offers all the comfort of home including Private Balconies, Full Kitchens, and Washers & Dryers. Studios, One-Bedroom, Two-Bedroom Villa’s and Three-Bedroom Grand Villas that can sleep up to 12 (Grand Villa). Reservations can not be made online and can be reserved by contacting your Travel Agent.
DIS Unplugged Blog
The Villas at Disney’s Grand California Hotel and Spa
Click Here for Photos of The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
Click Here for The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa - DVC Points Chart
- Happy 50th anniversary to it's a small world! - it's a small world opened at the New York World's Fair on April 22, 1964.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Knott's Berry Farm expands Camp Snoopy makeover - Knott's Berry Farm has expanded their makeover of Camp Snoopy to include a new Peanuts meet and greet, plus re-theming of Lucy's Tugboat and the Grand Sierra Scenic Railway.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Stovall's Inn
- Disneyland Resort celebrates Musica Latina - Downtown Disney will come alive with the music of the Mariachi Divas and several other popular Latin acts April 5th and 6th.
- Save up to 20% at Disneyland Resort Hotels this Spring - Save up to 20% most Sunday through Thursday nights this Spring at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival to highlight Knott's Berry Bloom - Knott's Berry Bloom returns to Knott's Berry Farm beginning April 12th. New this year is the Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival and the nighttime dance party, Bloomination.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- VIDEO: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad POV at Disneyland with New Effects - After a 14-month long refurbishment, Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is open and better than ever before. The track has been replaced along with audio and lighting effects and some brand new special effects have been included in the first cave scene and the final lift.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Dates announced for 2015 D23 Expo in Anaheim - The D23 Expo returns to the Anaheim Convention Center August 14 - 16, 2015. Tickets go on sale 08/14/14.
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
Eight restaurants at the Disneyland Resort received awards.
- Smell of paint makes 4 Disneyland employees feel sick
Anaheim Fire and Rescue responded to the incident.
- 5.1 earthquake felt at Disneyland
The rides were closed for a brief period of time.
- Disneyland hotels honored for environmental efforts
The environmentalist certification was given by the California Green Lodging program.
- Bob Iger says Disneyland's Finding Nemo Submarines will not be replaced
Iger says changes are coming to Disneyland, but the submarines will stay put.