Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Photos
- The Villas at the Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- The Villas at the Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Photos
Grand Californian Hotel Address:
1600 S. Disneyland Drive
Anaheim, CA 92802
The magnificent Grand Californian Hotel is located in the Disney California Adventure theme park. Being in the “Middle of the Magic” has new meaning when your hotel is part of the experience.
Fringed by pine trees, this six-story hotel is a tribute to the Arts and Crafts movement made popular in the early 1900s. No detail was missed in echoing this style with its emphasis on warmth, artistry and nature. The “Art of the Craft Tour” is offered for guests wishing to learn more about this era and its influence on the design of the hotel.
As you pass through the beautiful stained glass doors, you enter into the spectacular lobby. Warm woods line the walls, with Mission style lighting complementing the décor. Scattered throughout are inviting sitting areas. The carpet’s pattern blends seamlessly into the surrounding tile floor. You can pull up a chair and enjoy this amazing space while a piano player entertains you.
A stately fireplace combining stone, tile and ironwork takes center stage. The continuously burning fire is the perfect gathering spot. Throughout the day there are storytelling sessions in front of the great hearth.
The upper floors overlook the atrium, and offer cozy nooks for relaxation. With soothing shades of taupe, burgundy and green used throughout the décor, a combination of comfort with elegance is achieved.
There are 751 guestrooms at the Grand Californian, including 38 suites. There are two Presidential and two Vice-Presidential suites. The standard rooms have either two queen beds, a king bed, or one queen bed with bunk beds. Amenities include iron/ironing board, mini-bars, in-room safes, hairdryers, coffeemaker and bathrobes. Complimentary USA Today newspapers are available in the lobby.
The entire resort is non-smoking.
The bed coverings are crisp white, with throws and pillows reflecting the colors of nature. Most of the rooms have balconies. In the midst of this “woodland”, the Monorail passes through the central courtyard reminding guests that they are indeed in Disneyland.
The Concierge lounge is located on the sixth floor. Guests staying at this level enjoy priority check-in, breakfast bar, twilight wine and cheese reception, USA Today, complimentary DVD checkout and use of the fitness center. In the evening, story time is held for the children with milk and cookies served.
The forest theme is continued outdoors. Carefully chosen plants and trees set amidst rock outcroppings lend the feel of being in the northwest environs of California. Tucked away is an outside fireplace where you can pull up a rocking chair. On the fifth floor of the hotel, an inviting outdoor terrace that overlooks the pool is found.
The Redwood Pool features a 100-foot slide that winds around the trunk of an ancient tree. The attached Fountain Pool provides a more restful setting while the kids can enjoy their very own Mickey shaped pool.
The Mandara Spa is a world renowned facility where you can indulge in a relaxing massage, skin treatment or salon service. The tranquil Balinese themed setting is perfect for relaxation. There are eight exotic treatment rooms, co-ed lounge, expansive couple's pavilion and full serve nail pavilion.
The Mandara Spa also has state of the art fitness equipment which is reserved for the exclusive use of Grand Californian guests. It also has dry saunas, steam rooms, shower and locker facilities. (Note that you must be 14 or older to use this facility and at least 18 to schedule massage services.)
Pinocchio’s Workshop is located at the Grand Californian. This childcare facility offers crafts, storytime, games and videos under the careful supervision of the trained staff. Mom and Dad can choose to enjoy a quiet dinner or visit Downtown Disney. (This center is only available to guests staying at a Disneyland hotel.)
Guests of the Disneyland Resort hotels are are eligible for an Extra Magic Hour. Visit Disneyland on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and check out Disney California Adventure on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays up to one hour prior to regular park opening. The availability of the Extra Magic Hour and offered attractions is subject to change.
From the simple to the sublime, a wonderful selection of dining choices is found here. White Water Snacks offers self-serve breakfast, lunch and dinner in a casual setting.
The Storytellers Café begins the day with a character breakfast hosted by Chip & Dale. American fare is featured at lunch and dinner. This is a buffet, but guests can choose to order from the menu if they prefer. While the food is delicious, the décor is worth a visit. There are wonderful murals depicting the tales from past days, such as “The Jumping Frogs of Calaveras County.”
The Hearthstone Lounge located inside the main building is a comfortable spot to enjoy a continental breakfast in the morning and cocktails or coffee later in the day. In keeping with the theme, this spacious lounge is completely lined in wood. What’s interesting about this is that all of the wood came from a single fallen redwood tree.
If fine dining is what you’re after, the Napa Rose Restaurant is not to be missed. Dining at this award-winning restaurant is an experience. Using the freshest ingredients, each dish that is carefully prepared in the open-air kitchen is a culinary delight. From the tempting basket of breads to the sinfully delicious desserts, each course is to be savored. True to its namesake Napa valley, there are over 250 wines to select from, with 40 wines by the glass available. If you prefer, you can choose to enjoy the adjacent Napa Rose Lounge. With cozy club chairs surrounding the fireplace, this relaxed setting is the perfect spot to enjoy a glass of wine, as well as an item from the menu. There’s a terrace outside of the Napa Rose with a welcoming fire pit where you can relax and enjoy its warmth.
Being that the Grand Californian Hotel is in the theme park, it has it’s own private entrance to Disney California Adventure. It’s also within a few steps of Downtown Disney making it a prime location for easy access to the parks and entertainment.
The Grand Californian Hotel well deserves the accolades that have been bestowed upon it from when it first opened its doors. With refined gracefulness, guests can expect to find the very best that Disney offers.
Grand Adventures are available for guests of the Disneyland Resort hotels. Activities are free, unless otherwise noted. The schedule varies by day, but the activities can include:
- Get Up & Go Power Walk - Walk while enjoying the sights and sounds of Disney California Adventure before opening.
- Rise and Stretch with Pilates
- The Beauty Studio at Sephora - Guests will receive a consultation of their choice with beauty expert, personal shopping time and a goodie bag. Nominal fee of $45, which will be placed on a gift card to be used towards a same-day, in-store purchase.
- Be Your Own Super Star - Undergo a complete transformation at Disney Studio 365. Cost is $39.95.
- Washcloth Creations - In-house experts from Housekeeping will show you how to make your very own rabbit or other creations out of a washcloth.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop - Customize your own bear and have exclusive shopping time. Minimum $10 bear purchase required.
- Learn to Draw Mickey Mouse Class
- Art of the Craft Tour - A guided walking tour of Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
DIS Unplugged Blog
Click Here for Photos of the Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
The Villa’s at Disney’s Grand California Hotel and Spa, a Disney Vacation Club property, offers all the comfort of home including Private Balconies, Full Kitchens, and Washers & Dryers. Studios, One-Bedroom, Two-Bedroom Villa’s and Three-Bedroom Grand Villas that can sleep up to 12 (Grand Villa). Reservations can not be made online and can be reserved by contacting your Travel Agent.
DIS Unplugged Blog
The Villas at Disney’s Grand California Hotel and Spa
Click Here for Photos of The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
Click Here for The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa - DVC Points Chart
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on Blu-ray
- 4D preview of Big Hero 6 at Disneyland Park - Beginning September 26th, the Magic Eye Theater in Disneyland Park will host a 4D preview of the upcoming animated feature "Big Hero 6".
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/15/14
- Blog - HalloweenTime at Disneyland 2014
- Blog - Tom & West's 5 Favorite Thrills at Magic Mountain
- Top 5 ways to celebrate HalloweenTime at Disneyland - Disneyland Park goes all out for the Halloween season, from the front of the Park to the back. Starting in mid-September and continuing through the holiday itself, the Park and the characters, are decked in their Fall finest.
- Mickey's Halloween Party sold out for Halloween Night - Mickey's Halloween party at Disneyland is now sold out for three dates: 09/26, 10/03 and 10/31.
- Disneyland confirms return of Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad - The Disneyland Resort has announced the dates for the holiday celebrations and confirmed the return of World of Color-Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad.
- Mahaloween Luau coming to Trader Sam's - Celebrate Halloween a bit early at Trader Sam's with its Mahaloween Luau on 09/29/14. Tickets are $125 and go on sale 09/10/14.
- Mystic Magic Show added to Big Thunder Ranch Halloween Carnival - New on the stage this year at Disneyland's Halloween Carnival is the Mystic Magic Show, featuring jugglers, magicians and fortune tellers.
- FastPass testing at Disneyland's Frozen meet & greet - Disneyland is now testing a FastPass-like system for the Frozen meet & greet in Fantasyland.
- VIDEO: Cruising Around Hawaii - Explore the Hawaiian islands of Maui, Hawai'i, and Kauai while sailing onboard Norwegians Cruise Line's Pride of America.
- VIDEO: Driving Around Oahu - Explore the island of Oahu by driving around to different unique locations. Ted's Bakery, Haleiwa, Matsumoto's Shave Ice, and many others make Oahu a great place to find local treasures.
- Meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit at California Adventure - Beginning 09/14/14, guests can meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit on Buena Vista Street at California Adventure.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/01/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- Legends of Frontierland extended at Disneyland Park - Legends of Frontierland, the interactive experience at Disneyland Park, has been extended past the previously announced September 1st end date.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- Magic Mountain announces Twisted Colossus - Southern California's Six Flags Magic Mountain announced that they are transforming their classic wooden coaster into a record-breaking wooden/steel hybrid.
- Disneyland adds Frozen pre-parade to Mickey's Halloween Party - The stars of Frozen will appear on their special pre-parade float prior to each Mickey's Costume Party cavalcade.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Cortona Inn & Suites
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/25/14
- Mickey's Halloween Party tickets sold out for 10/03/14 - Tickets for the 10/03/14 date for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland are sold out. Other dates are still available.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Blog - New Tour Review: The Disney California Story
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- Elsa & Anna's Boutique coming to Disneyland - Studio Disney 365 in Disneyland's Downtown Disney will be closing August 25th to make way for Elsa & Anna's Boutique.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/18/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Magic Mountain's Colossus Catches Fire
The Colossus roller coaster at Magic Mountain caught fire today. No injuries were reported.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.
- runDisney announces Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
The event will take place January 15-18, 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.