Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Photos
- The Villas at the Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- The Villas at the Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Photos
Grand Californian Hotel Address:
1600 S. Disneyland Drive
Anaheim, CA 92802
The magnificent Grand Californian Hotel is located in the Disney California Adventure theme park. Being in the “Middle of the Magic” has new meaning when your hotel is part of the experience.
Fringed by pine trees, this six-story hotel is a tribute to the Arts and Crafts movement made popular in the early 1900s. No detail was missed in echoing this style with its emphasis on warmth, artistry and nature. The “Art of the Craft Tour” is offered for guests wishing to learn more about this era and its influence on the design of the hotel.
As you pass through the beautiful stained glass doors, you enter into the spectacular lobby. Warm woods line the walls, with Mission style lighting complementing the décor. Scattered throughout are inviting sitting areas. The carpet’s pattern blends seamlessly into the surrounding tile floor. You can pull up a chair and enjoy this amazing space while a piano player entertains you.
A stately fireplace combining stone, tile and ironwork takes center stage. The continuously burning fire is the perfect gathering spot. Throughout the day there are storytelling sessions in front of the great hearth.
The upper floors overlook the atrium, and offer cozy nooks for relaxation. With soothing shades of taupe, burgundy and green used throughout the décor, a combination of comfort with elegance is achieved.
There are 751 guestrooms at the Grand Californian, including 38 suites. There are two Presidential and two Vice-Presidential suites. The standard rooms have either two queen beds, a king bed, or one queen bed with bunk beds. Amenities include iron/ironing board, mini-bars, in-room safes, hairdryers, coffeemaker and bathrobes. Complimentary USA Today newspapers are available in the lobby.
The entire resort is non-smoking.
The bed coverings are crisp white, with throws and pillows reflecting the colors of nature. Most of the rooms have balconies. In the midst of this “woodland”, the Monorail passes through the central courtyard reminding guests that they are indeed in Disneyland.
The Concierge lounge is located on the sixth floor. Guests staying at this level enjoy priority check-in, breakfast bar, twilight wine and cheese reception, USA Today, complimentary DVD checkout and use of the fitness center. In the evening, story time is held for the children with milk and cookies served.
The forest theme is continued outdoors. Carefully chosen plants and trees set amidst rock outcroppings lend the feel of being in the northwest environs of California. Tucked away is an outside fireplace where you can pull up a rocking chair. On the fifth floor of the hotel, an inviting outdoor terrace that overlooks the pool is found.
The Redwood Pool features a 100-foot slide that winds around the trunk of an ancient tree. The attached Fountain Pool provides a more restful setting while the kids can enjoy their very own Mickey shaped pool.
The Mandara Spa is a world renowned facility where you can indulge in a relaxing massage, skin treatment or salon service. The tranquil Balinese themed setting is perfect for relaxation. There are eight exotic treatment rooms, co-ed lounge, expansive couple's pavilion and full serve nail pavilion.
The Mandara Spa also has state of the art fitness equipment which is reserved for the exclusive use of Grand Californian guests. It also has dry saunas, steam rooms, shower and locker facilities. (Note that you must be 14 or older to use this facility and at least 18 to schedule massage services.)
Pinocchio’s Workshop is located at the Grand Californian. This childcare facility offers crafts, storytime, games and videos under the careful supervision of the trained staff. Mom and Dad can choose to enjoy a quiet dinner or visit Downtown Disney. (This center is only available to guests staying at a Disneyland hotel.)
Guests of the Disneyland Resort hotels are are eligible for an Extra Magic Hour. Visit Disneyland on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and check out Disney California Adventure on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays up to one hour prior to regular park opening. The availability of the Extra Magic Hour and offered attractions is subject to change.
From the simple to the sublime, a wonderful selection of dining choices is found here. White Water Snacks offers self-serve breakfast, lunch and dinner in a casual setting.
The Storytellers Café begins the day with a character breakfast hosted by Chip & Dale. American fare is featured at lunch and dinner. This is a buffet, but guests can choose to order from the menu if they prefer. While the food is delicious, the décor is worth a visit. There are wonderful murals depicting the tales from past days, such as “The Jumping Frogs of Calaveras County.”
The Hearthstone Lounge located inside the main building is a comfortable spot to enjoy a continental breakfast in the morning and cocktails or coffee later in the day. In keeping with the theme, this spacious lounge is completely lined in wood. What’s interesting about this is that all of the wood came from a single fallen redwood tree.
If fine dining is what you’re after, the Napa Rose Restaurant is not to be missed. Dining at this award-winning restaurant is an experience. Using the freshest ingredients, each dish that is carefully prepared in the open-air kitchen is a culinary delight. From the tempting basket of breads to the sinfully delicious desserts, each course is to be savored. True to its namesake Napa valley, there are over 250 wines to select from, with 40 wines by the glass available. If you prefer, you can choose to enjoy the adjacent Napa Rose Lounge. With cozy club chairs surrounding the fireplace, this relaxed setting is the perfect spot to enjoy a glass of wine, as well as an item from the menu. There’s a terrace outside of the Napa Rose with a welcoming fire pit where you can relax and enjoy its warmth.
Being that the Grand Californian Hotel is in the theme park, it has it’s own private entrance to Disney California Adventure. It’s also within a few steps of Downtown Disney making it a prime location for easy access to the parks and entertainment.
The Grand Californian Hotel well deserves the accolades that have been bestowed upon it from when it first opened its doors. With refined gracefulness, guests can expect to find the very best that Disney offers.
Grand Adventures are available for guests of the Disneyland Resort hotels. Activities are free, unless otherwise noted. The schedule varies by day, but the activities can include:
- Get Up & Go Power Walk - Walk while enjoying the sights and sounds of Disney California Adventure before opening.
- Rise and Stretch with Pilates
- The Beauty Studio at Sephora - Guests will receive a consultation of their choice with beauty expert, personal shopping time and a goodie bag. Nominal fee of $45, which will be placed on a gift card to be used towards a same-day, in-store purchase.
- Be Your Own Super Star - Undergo a complete transformation at Disney Studio 365. Cost is $39.95.
- Washcloth Creations - In-house experts from Housekeeping will show you how to make your very own rabbit or other creations out of a washcloth.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop - Customize your own bear and have exclusive shopping time. Minimum $10 bear purchase required.
- Learn to Draw Mickey Mouse Class
- Art of the Craft Tour - A guided walking tour of Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
DIS Unplugged Blog
Click Here for Photos of the Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
The Villa’s at Disney’s Grand California Hotel and Spa, a Disney Vacation Club property, offers all the comfort of home including Private Balconies, Full Kitchens, and Washers & Dryers. Studios, One-Bedroom, Two-Bedroom Villa’s and Three-Bedroom Grand Villas that can sleep up to 12 (Grand Villa). Reservations can not be made online and can be reserved by contacting your Travel Agent.
DIS Unplugged Blog
The Villas at Disney’s Grand California Hotel and Spa
Click Here for Photos of The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
Click Here for The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa - DVC Points Chart
- Special menu items for New Year's Eve at Disneyland - Many of the restaurants of the Disneyland Resort will be offering special menu items for New Year's Eve, including a Seafood Pot Pie at Blue Bayou and Surf & Turf at Carnation Café.
- Jerry Bruckheimer book signing at Disneyland Park - Award-winning producer Jerry Bruckheimer will be appearing for a special signing of "Jerry Bruckheimer: When Lightning Strikes | Four Decades of Filmmaking" by Michael Singer on December 14th.
- Elf Days at California Adventure - Santa's elves are looking for recruits to join their ranks 12/09/13 through 12/15/13. Head to the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail where you can test your bravery with the Jingle Bell Bridge, tackle Present Tracking or learn the secret Elf Handshake.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jonathan Groff from FROZEN
- VIDEO: "In Summer" from Disney's "Frozen" in "World of Color - Winter Dreams" - "In Summer," sung by Josh Gad from Walt Disney Animation's 53rd animated feature "Frozen," has been been adapted for the brand new "World of Color - Winter Dreams" at Disney California Adventure.
- Blog - Brewing Now: Joffrey’s Disney Parks Collection of Coffees
- VIDEO: "A Christmas Fantasy" Parade at Disneyland - Join Mickey and the Disneyland Characters for a celebration of Christmas along Main Street USA. This parade is a yearly tradition, delighting guests of all ages as they enjoy the antics of Disney characters dancing alongside gingerbread men, snowflakes, and other Christmas characters.
- VIDEO: Santa Talks Holidays at Disneyland Resort 2013 - Join Tom Bell, host of the DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition, as he speaks with Santa about all of the holiday happenings at Disneyland Resort.
- VIDEO: Making Tamales at Viva Navidad! at Disney California Adventure 2013 - Join Tom Bell, host of the DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition, while he learns about Viva Navidad! and how to make tamales from Rubia, a pastry chef at Disneyland Resort.
- VIDEO: "Let It Go" from Disney's "Frozen" in "World of Color - Winter Dreams" - "Let It Go," sung by broadway star Idina Menzel from Walt Disney Animation's 53rd animated feature "Frozen," has been been adapted for the brand new "World of Color - Winter Dreams" at Disney California Adventure. "World of Color" is the nighttime colored fountain show at DCA and has been performed since 2010. "Winter Dreams" is the first full show variation.
- VIDEO: World of Color Fountain Controls at Disney California Adventure 2013 - Join Tom Bell, host of the DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition, as he speaks with Rene from Disney Parks and Resorts about the technology behind World of Color - Winter Dreams, the nighttime fountain show at Disney California Adventure.
- Donate to Toys For Tots at the Disneyland Resort - Donate a new, unwrapped toy at several locations throughout Downtown Disney and the Disneyland Resort Hotels from 12/1 through 12/14.
- VIDEO: Haunted Mansion Holiday 2013 at Disneyland - Jack Skellington takes over the Haunted Mansion to bring Christmas to Halloweentown in Haunted Mansion Holiday, the seasonal overlay that is celebrating its 13th year at Disneyland Resort.
- VIDEO: World of Color - Winter Dreams - For the Christmas season, Disney California Adventure Park presents 'World of Color - Winter Dreams' a brand new holiday version of World of Color starring Olaf (voiced by Josh Gad), the lovable snowman from Disney's "Frozen," a Toy Story Nutcracker sequence and a special intro featuring the Honor Choir.
- Aulani named Best for Families by Fodor's Travel - Aulani was recently named "Best for Families" by Fodor's Travel in their "Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts for 2013" list.
- VIDEO: Disneyland's 'Jingle Cruise' Queue and Full POV Ride-Through - The Jungle Cruise Skippers have grown homesick for the holidays, so they've added holiday cheer to the queue and boathouse with decorations that have been mailed to them from home (plus a few they've created themselves). Other changes include new jokes, boat names and music loop in the queue.
- TubaChristmas returns to the Disneyland Resort - Hundreds of tuba players will gather in Downtown Disney to perform holiday music on December 21st at 1:00pm.
- Blog - Review: “Frozen”
- Blog - Trader Sam’s Mixes Up Holiday Drinks
- VIDEO: Olaf's Ice Rink in Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort - This year at Downtown Disney, the ice rink created for the holiday season is based off of the 53rd Disney Animated Film "Frozen". Olaf's Ice Rink allows guests to lace up skates and hit the ice, but if you're not adventurous then you can do some shopping at the holiday themed stands.
- VIDEO: Christmas in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure - Seasons Speedings! Cars Land, the popular area at Disney California Adventure based off of the Disney-Pixar film "Cars", has received a holiday overlay making the streets of Radiator Springs merrier than ever.
- Limited Time Magic: Jingle Cruise poster giveaway - Celebrate the Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park with a complimentary mini poster while supplies last.
- Blog - Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts
- Knott's Berry Farm announces major plans for 2014 - Knott's Berry farm is planning a major refurbishment for the Calico Mine Ride beginning in January, plus new rides and an entire restoration to celebrate Camp Snoopy's 30th Anniversary.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE: Nikon becomes the Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- Disneyland announces more lengthy closures for early 2014 - In addition to the 4-month closure for Alice in Wonderland, the Disneyland Resort has also announced a 8-month closure for Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage and a nearly 4-month closure for Soarin' Over California.
- VIDEO: Toy Story Nutcracker from "World of Color - Winter Dreams" - Toy Story Nutcracker is a special sequence created by Pixar specifically for "World of Color - Winter Dreams", the nighttime fountain show at Disney California Adventure. Your favorite Toy Story characters dance to Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite songs including March of the Wooden Soldier, Trepak, Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, Chinese Dance and Dance of the Flowers.
- Viva Navidad menu takes over Paradise Garden Grill - A special Viva Navidad menu is being served at California Adventure's Paradise Garden Grill, featuring Street Style Tacos, Chicken Mole and Torta al Pastor.
- VIDEO: Josh Gad - Voice of Olaf in "Frozen" - Interview - Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in "Frozen" and "World of Color - Winter Dreams" and Tony Award nominee for "The Book of Mormon", takes a few minutes to talk about how important it was to work on a Disney film that led to a theme park experience and the music behind it all.
- VIDEO: Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular - For the Christmas season, Disneyland Park presents 'Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular,' a holiday fireworks show over Sleeping Beauty Castle which ends with magical snowfall over Main Street U.S.A.
- Firefighters called for smoke at Disneyland
Smoke was seen coming from a Disneyland storage facility.
- Billy Hill and the Hillbillies leaving Disneyland Park in January
20-year veterans of the park, the group will hold its final performance January 6, 2014.
- Couple gets married on Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean ride
A Disney-loving couple held a secret wedding on Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Disney's Jungle Cruise getting a holiday makeover
The Jungle Cruise at both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park will be transforming into the "Jingle Cruise" this holiday season.
- The View to broadcast live from Disneyland in November
The show will tape November 18-22.