The Happiest Celebration on Earth.
The new "Year of a Million Dreams" promotion begins on October 1, 2006. The castle facade is being removed and Cinderellabration is ending. The other attractions will remain.
The Happiest Celebration On Earth is a global tribute to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Disneyland. All of the Disney theme parks world wide are be participating in this 17 month long celebration. From Paris to Tokyo, from Florida to California, each park has unveiled new attractions and entertainment to mark this occassion.
NOTE: This facade has been removed.
Click Here for pictures of what the castle looked like.
WDW Imagineers have put together a special updated look to coincide with the celebration. The last time that the Castle underwent a transformation was for the 25th Anniversary of Walt Disney World. The Castle was made into a giant pink birthday cake. This time, Imagineering is going Rennaissance-style.
The Castle has been given a Della Robbia overlay with polished gold trim. Banners, bunting and tapestries adorn the walls and golden statues of Disney Characters have been added, including a flying Peter Pan, Tinker Bell and Wendy swirling atop the highest turret.
There is also be an impressive 76 foot long statue of Kaa, the snake from The Jungle Book along with King Louie, Simba, Pumbaa and Timon from the Lion King, Sebastian and Flounder from the Little Mermaid, the Cheshire Cat and White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland and Victor, Hugo and Laverne from the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Just above the front archway of the Castle, facing out across the hub towards Main Street, USA, there is an enormous "Mickey Mirror," modeled after the one in Snow White. In the "mirror" is a changing image showing each of the five Disney Theme Park Castles, including the one from Hong Kong Disneyland.
Cinderellabration - NOTE: The last performance is September 16, 2006
At the Magic Kingdom the forecourt of the castle will be the stage for Cinderellabration. This popular musical is from Tokyo Disneyland. It features ornate costumes and elaborate sets as the cast of Disney Princesses celebrate the coronation of Cinderella.
Click Here for a Review
Click Here for Pictures
Over at Epcot, California Adventure's extremely popular attraction, Soarin' will treat guests to a simulated hangliding flight over the Golden State. As sweeping vistas are projected on a huge IMAX screen, the scent of pine trees and orange groves add to the effect.
Visitors to Epcot will also view the next generation of Disney theme parks at the Hong Kong Disneyland preview center. Through the use of models and design renderings, this latest Disney venture opening in December of 2005 is showcased.
Click Here for a Review
Click Here for Pictures
Click Here for the Dedication Ceremony
The opening of MGM’s newest attraction “Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show” sponsored by Brawny paper towels draws near. The official opening date was May 5, 2005, the start of the “Happiest Celebration on Earth.” As with all of Disney's new attractions, previews are anticipated.
This fast paced action adventure uses specially designed cars, jet skis and motorcycles in a high speed pursuit. Some vehicles are designed to drive in reverse, while one splits in half. You’ll know which car is the “hero” and which is the “villain” by color coding.
The 177,000 square foot, 5000 seat stadium which is home to the “Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show” is one of the largest venues in WDW. Set in a Mediterranean village, a “spy thriller” is filmed live with explosions, jumps, spins and death defying stunts.
Guests first pass through the garage (atelier). There are six large windows where you can watch the technicians’ fine tune the customized vehicles used in this attraction.
Segments of this energetic attraction are taped and shown on oversized screens, highlighting how the different camera angles enhance the special effects.
The cast of professional drivers, stunt managers, production crew, director and assistant director will invite a select few audience members to participate in the fun.
The “Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show” is based on the popular “Stunt Show Spectacular” enjoyed by visitors to Disneyland Paris.
Expedition Everest has opened at the Animal Kingdom. This thrill ride features a high-speed train that transports guests in pursuit of the Yeti (Abominable Snowman.)
Click Her for more information and photos.
From the tip of his nose to the end of his tail, Lucky is 12 feet long and a svelte 450 pounds. He pulls his cart throughout the park and loves to meet new people.
Lucky has also appeared at Disney's California Adventure. This incredible figure walks, talks, laughs, jokes and sneezes. He can even sign an autograph. Being that he is "Lucky" his signature is a four leaf clover. Hopefully, this won't be the last time we see Lucky in Orlando.
The Happiest Celebration on Earth concludes in September of 2006. Click Here for our coverage of Disney's 2005 Press Event that celebrated the 50th anniversary of Disneyland.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios