The Happiest Celebration on Earth.
The new "Year of a Million Dreams" promotion begins on October 1, 2006. The castle facade is being removed and Cinderellabration is ending. The other attractions will remain.
The Happiest Celebration On Earth is a global tribute to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Disneyland. All of the Disney theme parks world wide are be participating in this 17 month long celebration. From Paris to Tokyo, from Florida to California, each park has unveiled new attractions and entertainment to mark this occassion.
NOTE: This facade has been removed.
Click Here for pictures of what the castle looked like.
WDW Imagineers have put together a special updated look to coincide with the celebration. The last time that the Castle underwent a transformation was for the 25th Anniversary of Walt Disney World. The Castle was made into a giant pink birthday cake. This time, Imagineering is going Rennaissance-style.
The Castle has been given a Della Robbia overlay with polished gold trim. Banners, bunting and tapestries adorn the walls and golden statues of Disney Characters have been added, including a flying Peter Pan, Tinker Bell and Wendy swirling atop the highest turret.
There is also be an impressive 76 foot long statue of Kaa, the snake from The Jungle Book along with King Louie, Simba, Pumbaa and Timon from the Lion King, Sebastian and Flounder from the Little Mermaid, the Cheshire Cat and White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland and Victor, Hugo and Laverne from the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Just above the front archway of the Castle, facing out across the hub towards Main Street, USA, there is an enormous "Mickey Mirror," modeled after the one in Snow White. In the "mirror" is a changing image showing each of the five Disney Theme Park Castles, including the one from Hong Kong Disneyland.
Cinderellabration - NOTE: The last performance is September 16, 2006
At the Magic Kingdom the forecourt of the castle will be the stage for Cinderellabration. This popular musical is from Tokyo Disneyland. It features ornate costumes and elaborate sets as the cast of Disney Princesses celebrate the coronation of Cinderella.
Click Here for a Review
Click Here for Pictures
Over at Epcot, California Adventure's extremely popular attraction, Soarin' will treat guests to a simulated hangliding flight over the Golden State. As sweeping vistas are projected on a huge IMAX screen, the scent of pine trees and orange groves add to the effect.
Visitors to Epcot will also view the next generation of Disney theme parks at the Hong Kong Disneyland preview center. Through the use of models and design renderings, this latest Disney venture opening in December of 2005 is showcased.
Click Here for a Review
Click Here for Pictures
Click Here for the Dedication Ceremony
The opening of MGM’s newest attraction “Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show” sponsored by Brawny paper towels draws near. The official opening date was May 5, 2005, the start of the “Happiest Celebration on Earth.” As with all of Disney's new attractions, previews are anticipated.
This fast paced action adventure uses specially designed cars, jet skis and motorcycles in a high speed pursuit. Some vehicles are designed to drive in reverse, while one splits in half. You’ll know which car is the “hero” and which is the “villain” by color coding.
The 177,000 square foot, 5000 seat stadium which is home to the “Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show” is one of the largest venues in WDW. Set in a Mediterranean village, a “spy thriller” is filmed live with explosions, jumps, spins and death defying stunts.
Guests first pass through the garage (atelier). There are six large windows where you can watch the technicians’ fine tune the customized vehicles used in this attraction.
Segments of this energetic attraction are taped and shown on oversized screens, highlighting how the different camera angles enhance the special effects.
The cast of professional drivers, stunt managers, production crew, director and assistant director will invite a select few audience members to participate in the fun.
The “Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show” is based on the popular “Stunt Show Spectacular” enjoyed by visitors to Disneyland Paris.
Expedition Everest has opened at the Animal Kingdom. This thrill ride features a high-speed train that transports guests in pursuit of the Yeti (Abominable Snowman.)
Click Her for more information and photos.
From the tip of his nose to the end of his tail, Lucky is 12 feet long and a svelte 450 pounds. He pulls his cart throughout the park and loves to meet new people.
Lucky has also appeared at Disney's California Adventure. This incredible figure walks, talks, laughs, jokes and sneezes. He can even sign an autograph. Being that he is "Lucky" his signature is a four leaf clover. Hopefully, this won't be the last time we see Lucky in Orlando.
The Happiest Celebration on Earth concludes in September of 2006. Click Here for our coverage of Disney's 2005 Press Event that celebrated the 50th anniversary of Disneyland.
- Blog - Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO - Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - Festival of Fantasy is the brand new daily parade at the Magic Kingdom bringing the characters and stories of New Fantasyland to life! Brand new floats and costumes were produced for the parade featuring characters from Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Dumbo, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Fantasia, Snow White and more!
- Photo Gallery of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - The "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" celebrates New Fantasyland with new innovative floats, costumes and an all-new soundtrack that features songs from popular Disney films.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Disney and unions extend contract
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios