Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
56-acre water park would most likely be the choice of FISH
if they could choose an amusement park, as Typhoon Lagoon
features some of the wettest and wildest attractions at
Walt Disney World. Before Blizzard Beach opened, Typhoon
Lagoon was the largest water park on property. It is still
immensely popular, with its twisting tides, roaring rapids,
wonderful waterways and relaxing rivers. Typhoon Lagoon
also features a special area where guests can snorkel among
live sharks and other tropical fish. Excluding the snorkeling
area, all water is heated to a toasty 75-80 degrees year-round.
Castaway Creek - This 2100-foot continuous river raft ride lets guests aboard inner tubes meander through rain forests, caves, open grottos, waterfalls and a waterworks area. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Gangplank Falls - Huge inner tubes holding four guests careen down rapids and through special water effects and rock formations on this 300-foot family raft ride.
Humunga Kowabunga - Travel at speeds up to 30 mph as you are whisked down one of the triple enclosed slides and through caves on this 214-foot ride. Must be 48 inches to ride.
Keel Haul Falls - Hop aboard your inner tube and slide down one of the "soft foam" slides, passing through caves, waterfalls and special effects along the way.
"Crush "N" Gusher" " - Themed around an abandoned and decaying tropical fruit processing center, this thrill ride is unique to North America.
Guests ride in two person rafts, choosing between three different slides that range from 410 to 420 feet long, the Banana Blaster, Coconut Crusher or Pineapple Plunger. Each section propels you through twists and turns, tunnels and spillways as you slip and slide towards the final thrilling plunge into Hideaway Bay. You'll encounter water jets that will push you backwards while careening down this wild waterway.
HEIGHT RESTRICTION: 48 Inches
- Each slide averages over 400 feet
- One slide can fill a regular home pool in a minute
- The Crush 'n' Gusher can fill the 2.7 million gallon wave pool in about 3 hours
- The water jets put out 1350 gallons a minute
In addition to the "water coaster" there is an expanded beach area and wading pools at Hideaway Bay located adjacent to the Shark Reef attraction.
Ketchakiddee Creek - This children's play area features
ten different activity areas with slides, floating boats,
music and ball fountains, waterfalls and squirting animals.
Designed just for children under 48 inches tall.
Mayday Falls - Similar to Keel Haul Falls, travel down the "soft foam" slides and enjoy the scenery along the way.
Shark Reef - This coral-reef environment features an observation area, both above and under the water. This is your chance to snorkel with live sharks and other tropical fish. Guests may not use their own snorkeling equipment, but equipment is available at no fee at Hammer Head Fred's Dive Shop. 30 minute scuba tanks are also available to rent for $20- ask about SAS(Supplied Air Snorkeling). Life jackets are available at High & Dry Towel Rental (must leave driver's license for deposit).
Storm Slides - This series of body slides propels guests through caves, waterfalls, geysers and features a 36-foot drop into bubbling pools.
Wave Pools - Surfs up at this body-surfing wave pool with waves up to six feet tall. A continuous two-hour cycle begins when the park opens (subject to change) and features 90 minutes of surf waves, five minutes of calm, ten minutes of bobbing waves, five minutes of calm, ten minutes of bobbing waves and finally ten minutes of calm.
- Dressing rooms include lockers, dressing areas and showers.
- Lockers rent for $13 per day for a small locker and $15 per day for a large locker, with a $5 key deposit for both types.
- Life jackets are provided free; must leave driver's license or credit card as deposit. Water wallets are also available. Guests may NOT bring their own flotation devices.
- Towel rentals are $2.
- Two picnic areas are available, no glass containers or alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Limited number of wheelchairs available at Guest Relations (guest must leave valid ID)
Premium Beach Chair Space
This includes 2 lounge chairs, umbrella, cocktail table and 2 towels. Limit is up to four people; if more, a second reservation is needed. Reserve in advance by calling 407-WDW-PLAY. Cancellation without penalty must be no later than 9:00 am the day prior to reservation. These are available on a same day basis if there are any locations left (check at High 'N Dry Towel Company). Cost is $40 plus tax and must be paid at time of reservation.
Premium Seating Areas
Four Premium Spaces are available for rental daily. This includes an attendant, private lockers, all day drink mugs, cooler with bottled water, comfortable lounge furniture, tables and rental towels. The Premium spaces accommodate up to six guests. Cost is $319.25 (tax included) for the full day (plus park admission). You will need to go to the High 'N Dry location to inquire about the availability of the Beachcomber Shacks. Advance reservations are currently available by calling 407-WDW-PLAY. Similar spaces are available at Blizzard Beach.
- Blog - Ranking our 5 Senses in Disney's Theme Parks
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19 - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down - Tickets, which can be reserved in advance, include one beverage and a selection of light snacks.
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses - Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course will be closed 5/21 - 6/4/2014.
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance - Onsite resort guests and guests at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and offsite guests can make their reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu - Prices have increased by about 50 cents per sandwich. New sandwiches have been added and others have been removed.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos! - Guests will save up to 35% on their room, plus get free Memory Maker digital photos. Discount is valid for travel between 6/16/14 - 8/2/14.
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20 - The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more - In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot.
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts - List of events planned at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released - List of times for parades, fireworks, and park hours.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab - The attraction will be closed 4/7-4/9/14.
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips! - Surprising the kids with a Disney vacation is part of the thrill for some parents. Others would love to do it, but aren’t sure how to pull it off. Here are some different approaches to creating that special surprise for your family!
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant - For this special evening, guests will dine at the exclusive Markham's restaurant at Disney's Golden Oak Club, Walt Disney World's private residential community.
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series - The Sounds Like Summer Concert Series features some of the greatest tribute bands rockin' to U2, The Bee Gees, the Eagles and many more during select nights from June to July.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale - Disney's Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - The American Adventure, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - Italy, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World - Prices have increased $2 for each category.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame, February 12, 2014 - Morning
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members - Discounted tickets are available for performances April 1-May 10 and May 27-June 28, 2014.
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway - The Exotic Driving Experience and 2014 Rolex 24 winner Christian Fittipaldi are putting on a half-day racing event at the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display - This is the third year the resort has hosted the display of hand-painted edible Easter eggs; the eggs are 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios! - For a limited time, guests will have the opportunity to dine with Star Wars characters or Disney characters dressed up in their Star Wars costumes.
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30 - A new restaurant will open in its place this fall.
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends! - This will be the actor's first appearance at Star Wars Weekends.
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - The resort will be celebrating a PEEPtastic week 4/16 - 4/20/14.
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design - "Mickey's Perfect Petals" will be showcased at the brunch and will be available for purchase.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The upcoming Maleficent film, starring Angelina Jolie, opens in theaters May 30. Theme park guests can see an extended preview of the film beginning April 18 and running through mid-June.
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney - The Food Truck Park is currently under construction and should open this summer between Bongos and Starbucks.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Walt Disney World offers new contract to unions
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
- SeaWorld to host Viva la Musica Festival
- Disney plans baseball pitching contest for $1 million prize
- Court denies SeaWorld's appeal of OSHA ruling
- Samsung Smart TV app available for Disney Parks
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
- Record number of visitors to Orlando in 2013
- Disney releases CGI video of new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction
- Muppets scavenger hunt game available at Epcot
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
8:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 7:00
10:00 - 7:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW