As of 6/10/14: Bus service to and from the water park after 2:00pm will only be available at Epcot. Guests traveling to Typhoon Lagoon after 2:00 will need to get to Epcot, then get on the Typhoon Lagoon bus. When leaving the water park, you will be dropped off at Epcot, then you can take other transportation from there. This is all due to the transportation changes at Downtown Disney.
56-acre water park would most likely be the choice of FISH
if they could choose an amusement park, as Typhoon Lagoon
features some of the wettest and wildest attractions at
Walt Disney World. Before Blizzard Beach opened, Typhoon
Lagoon was the largest water park on property. It is still
immensely popular, with its twisting tides, roaring rapids,
wonderful waterways and relaxing rivers. Typhoon Lagoon
also features a special area where guests can snorkel among
live sharks and other tropical fish. Excluding the snorkeling
area, all water is heated to a toasty 75-80 degrees year-round.
Castaway Creek - This 2100-foot continuous river raft ride lets guests aboard inner tubes meander through rain forests, caves, open grottos, waterfalls and a waterworks area. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Gangplank Falls - Huge inner tubes holding four guests careen down rapids and through special water effects and rock formations on this 300-foot family raft ride.
Humunga Kowabunga - Travel at speeds up to 30 mph as you are whisked down one of the triple enclosed slides and through caves on this 214-foot ride. Must be 48 inches to ride.
Keel Haul Falls - Hop aboard your inner tube and slide down one of the "soft foam" slides, passing through caves, waterfalls and special effects along the way.
"Crush "N" Gusher" " - Themed around an abandoned and decaying tropical fruit processing center, this thrill ride is unique to North America.
Guests ride in two person rafts, choosing between three different slides that range from 410 to 420 feet long, the Banana Blaster, Coconut Crusher or Pineapple Plunger. Each section propels you through twists and turns, tunnels and spillways as you slip and slide towards the final thrilling plunge into Hideaway Bay. You'll encounter water jets that will push you backwards while careening down this wild waterway.
HEIGHT RESTRICTION: 48 Inches
- Each slide averages over 400 feet
- One slide can fill a regular home pool in a minute
- The Crush 'n' Gusher can fill the 2.7 million gallon wave pool in about 3 hours
- The water jets put out 1350 gallons a minute
In addition to the "water coaster" there is an expanded beach area and wading pools at Hideaway Bay located adjacent to the Shark Reef attraction.
Ketchakiddee Creek - This children's play area features
ten different activity areas with slides, floating boats,
music and ball fountains, waterfalls and squirting animals.
Designed just for children under 48 inches tall.
Mayday Falls - Similar to Keel Haul Falls, travel down the "soft foam" slides and enjoy the scenery along the way.
Shark Reef - This coral-reef environment features an observation area, both above and under the water. This is your chance to snorkel with live sharks and other tropical fish. Guests may not use their own snorkeling equipment, but equipment is available at no fee at Hammer Head Fred's Dive Shop. 30 minute scuba tanks are also available to rent for $20- ask about SAS(Supplied Air Snorkeling). Life jackets are available at High & Dry Towel Rental (must leave driver's license for deposit).
Storm Slides - This series of body slides propels guests through caves, waterfalls, geysers and features a 36-foot drop into bubbling pools.
Wave Pools - Surfs up at this body-surfing wave pool with waves up to six feet tall. A continuous two-hour cycle begins when the park opens (subject to change) and features 90 minutes of surf waves, five minutes of calm, ten minutes of bobbing waves, five minutes of calm, ten minutes of bobbing waves and finally ten minutes of calm.
- Dressing rooms include lockers, dressing areas and showers.
- Lockers rent for $13 per day for a small locker and $15 per day for a large locker, with a $5 key deposit for both types.
- Life jackets are provided free; must leave driver's license or credit card as deposit. Water wallets are also available. Guests may NOT bring their own flotation devices.
- Towel rentals are $2.
- Two picnic areas are available, no glass containers or alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Limited number of wheelchairs available at Guest Relations (guest must leave valid ID)
Premium Beach Chair Space
This includes 2 lounge chairs, umbrella, cocktail table and 2 towels. Limit is up to four people; if more, a second reservation is needed. Reserve in advance by calling 407-WDW-PLAY. Cancellation without penalty must be no later than 9:00 am the day prior to reservation. These are available on a same day basis if there are any locations left (check at High 'N Dry Towel Company). Cost is $40 plus tax and must be paid at time of reservation.
Premium Seating Areas
Four Premium Spaces are available for rental daily. This includes an attendant, private lockers, all day drink mugs, cooler with bottled water, comfortable lounge furniture, tables and rental towels. The Premium spaces accommodate up to six guests. Cost is $319.25 (tax included) for the full day (plus park admission). You will need to go to the High 'N Dry location to inquire about the availability of the Beachcomber Shacks. Advance reservations are currently available by calling 407-WDW-PLAY. Similar spaces are available at Blizzard Beach.
- All-Star Music food court closes for refurbishment - The Intermission Food Court will be closed 8/1/14-12/20/14 for refurb.
- New events added to Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - Late Nights LIVE! and new Premium Package events added.
- Astro Orbiter rehab extended by one week - Originally scheduled to end September 19, the ride will now reopen September 28.
- Food & Wine Festival Premium events now available for booking - This includes seminars, signature dining experiences and other special events.
- Changes coming to Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party? - An update is rumored for this parade later this year, possibly around October. Possible changes are new music; Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald moving to the top of the floats; and Stitch joining the fun. Sebastian, Lumiere, and The Mad Hatter will leave the parade.
- During pool rehab, Polynesian guests will have free admission to Blizzard Beach - Originally, the resort guests were just going to be given one-day tickets to the water park, but that has been changed. They will now have complimentary unlimited admission to Blizzard Beach during their stay at the Polynesian.
- List of restaurants participating in the 2015 Disney Dining Plan - This list will be updated as more restaurants are added. Epcot and Downtown Disney restaurants don't normally finalize their participation until later in the year.
- 2015 Magic Your Way Disney World packages released! - A Walt Disney World package is a resort room and theme park admission. The Disney Dining Plan may also be added.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Walt Disney World 2015 packages now available to book
- High-speed train will link Shanghai Disneyland to city
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00 pm
9:00 - 8:00 pm
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW