Today we have another scrumptious holiday recipe for your to try, straight from Marceline’s Confectionary in Downtown Disney (Disneyland) to your kitchen! They are called Churro Marshmallow Wands and look like little pieces of holiday spice heaven. I’ve not had one in person, but I will give them a whirl this weekend. I have a feeling I am going to eat way too many of them! If I am talking really fast in our Monday Merch Meeting, you will know why! Let’s take a look:
CHURRO MARSHMALLOW WANDS
Marceline’s Confectionary, Downtown Disney District
- 3/4 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup water divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
CHURRO MARSHMALLOW WANDS
- 8 large lollipop sticks
- 8 Mickey-shaped marshmallows
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 pound white melting chocolate
FOR MICKEY-SHAPED MARSHMALLOWS:
- Spray a 9×13 inch pan with non-stick spray
- Mix gelatin with 1/2 cup of water in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, stir the remaining 1/2 cup of water, sugar, and corn syrup.
- Cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes until the mixture reaches 240°F. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to rest for 1 minute until it reaches 230°F.
- Pour the sugar mixture into the gelatin and water.
- Whip on medium speed for 2 minutes until the mixture begins to thicken. Add salt. Continue to whip for 8-10 minutes until the mixture doubles in size.
- Spray a spatula with non-stick cooking spray. Pour marshmallow mixture into a 9×13 inch pan. Smooth using a spatula. The marshmallow mixture will be very sticky.
- Let marshmallows rest for 4 hours until set.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and powdered sugar.
- Once marshmallows are set, spread half of the cornstarch mixture on a large cutting board. Carefully flip marshmallows onto the cutting board and cut them into 8 Mickey-shaped marshmallows, using a 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter. Dip marshmallows in the remaining cornstarch mixture and store them in an airtight container.
FOR CHURRO MARSHMALLOW WANDS:
- Dip one end of each lollipop stick in 1 inch of water. Skewer Mickey-shaped marshmallows onto each stick, starting at the wet end of the stick.
- Mix cinnamon, sugar, and graham cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl or pie plate. Set aside.
- Melt white melting chocolate according to package instructions. Keep warm.
- Dip Mickey-shaped marshmallows into melted white chocolate, gently tapping to remove excess white chocolate. Sprinkle cinnamon, sugar, and graham cracker mixture over all sides of the marshmallows; place on clean parchment paper. Repeat for all wands.
- Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes until the white chocolate is set.
Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
Download the Disney Recipe Card here.
Zoë Wood is a travel writer from Sydney, Australia. Since her first visit to Disneyland at the age of 6, she has spent her years frequently visiting Disney Parks and traveling around the world.
Join Zoë as she lets you in on all the tips, tricks, anecdotes, and embarrassments that arise from her family adventures.