Disney California Adventure is getting ready to commemorate the Year of the Dog with its annual Lunar New Year celebration. In addition to entertainment and characters that were already announced, the festival will feature specialty foods from Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cuisine.
The Korea Marketplace located in front The Little Mermaid-Ariel’s Undersea Adventure will serve up:
- Kimchi Bokkeumbap – Vegetable fried rice [$6.00]
- Yachae Mandu – Steamed vegetable dumpling with sesame-garlic soy sauce [$6.50]
- Yang Gaeng – Sweet red bean and raspberry jelly [$4.50]
- Banana OoYu – Non-alcoholic banana milk [$5.00]
- Mae Shil Ju – Plum wine cocktail [$12.00]
- Hite Pale Lager [$9.00]
The area in front of the Golden Zephyr will be home to both the China Marketplace and the Vietnam Marketplace. The pork soup dumplings return to the China Marketplace menu, which includes:
- Xiao Long Bao – Pork soup dumplings with black vinegar and ginger [$7.00]
- Sanbeiji – Three-cup chicken [$6.75]
- Dan Ta – Egg tart dessert [$4.25]
- Wuxiang Huasheng Tang – Five-spiced peanut brittle [$4.50]
- Baixiangguo Lucha – Passion fruit green iced tea with lychee popping pearls [$5.50]
- Tsingtao Lager [$9.00]
Along with the goldleaf topped purple sweet potato macaron, the Vietnam Marketplace will feature:
- Banh Chu’ng – Sticky rice cake with pork [$6.50]
- Chao Tom – Sugar cane shrimp skewer with sweet and sour sauce [$7.00]
- Banh Khoai Lang Tim – Purple sweet potato macaron [$5.25]
- Ca Phe Sua Da – Vietnamese Iced Coffee [$5.25]
The food cart in the Paradise Gardens area will have Zhurou Bao, which are steamed bao filled with pork and served with sweet chili dipping sauce, plus Xingren Qu Qi…mini almond cookies.
For Lunar New Year, Paradise Garden Grill will celebrate with a special menu as well, including:
- Ca Ro Phi Chien Gion – Whole crispy tilapia with chili-lime vinaigrette served family-style with soup, vegetables and rice [$24.99]
- Japchae – Sweet potato noodles, onions, shiitake mushrooms, carrots, spinach, snow peas, broccolini and lightly sauteed tofu tossed with sesame oil and sweet and spicy sauce and topped with toasted sesame seeds [$10.99]
- Gabli – Short ribs marinated and grilled Korean-style and served with steamed rice and kimchi [$14.99]
- Pho Bo – Beef noodle soup with seasoned beef stock, thinly sliced tri-tip and rice noodles with classic accompaniments of onion, jalapeno, basil-lime and hot sauce [$11.99]
- Banh Mi Thit Nuong – Marinated pork belly, pickled carrots and daikon with cucumber, cilantro, seasoned mayonnaise and jalapeno on a crispy baguette [$11.99]
- Mango Pudding [$3.99]
- Almond Milk Black Iced Tea with Pudding [$4.99]
- Black Beer Stout [$7.50]
Lunar New Year at California Adventure begins January 26th and continues through February 18th.
Source: Disney Parks Blog
Tom is the host and producer of the DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition podcast, plus Disneyland Editor of The DIS. He enjoys traveling with his wife and teenage son. At this point, their favorite destination is Alaska, with a FIFTH cruise there planned for the Summer of 2019. In his spare time he volunteers with Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts, and help found his son's former Cub Scout Pack. His favorite Disneyland attraction is Space Mountain.